Thread: Tahliah Debrett Barnett (FKA Twigs)

TIM
    ILI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Tahliah Debrett Barnett (FKA Twigs)

Just stumbled upon her the other day.

[
    Wikipedia] [Youtube] [Pictures] [Interview]
    Textures apply to everything I do. Even within my music, I like smooth things, and then hard and fluffy things, all giving them their place to shine.
    Being beautiful isn't everything... Sometimes it's interesting to show how you feel on the inside on the outside, just through expressing yourself.
    I'm appealing to people who want something different, but the world, on the whole, doesn't really embrace different things. Not on the whole.
    I don't know if I'm a tortured soul, but I was born heartbroken. I remember feeling it when I was so young. I was like, 'Mum, it hurts.'
    Vulnerability is the strongest state to be in. How boring would it be if we were constantly dominant or constantly submissive?
    I was never the pretty girl at school. I'm tiny and mixed-race. I grew up in a white area. I was always the loner.
    If you're an artist, you have to use everything to your advantage, even the pain.

Last edited by Nymeria; 03-28-2016 at 10:57 PM.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any ethical type really going solely off her personal philosophies.
    "If this to end in fire, then we should all burn together. Watch the flames climb higher into the night."

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CREEPY.

TIM
    Ni-IEI sx/sp
    Mentioned
    317 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

she looks like a friend I had back in teens - I'd guess sp/sx 9w1, not sure of her socionics type

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ugh, i really like her. aesthetically and thematically (love loss sex pain emptiness fullfilment martyrdom and victimization (and the power and magic in all that, in being in tune with feelings and vulnerability)), for me, she sort of harkens back to prince and how he was when he arrived on the music scene. for that reason, i'm inclined to say 4/3 and some IxFx Se valuing type; IEI works for me in any case because i'm getting an Fe vibe.

Last edited by phizzog; 07-20-2015 at 10:59 AM.

TIM
    ESI-Se
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

bump