Thread: Erotic Attitudes

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Erotic Attitudes

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousSoul in another thread
    I am telling you, observe these carefully: when properly interpreted these "Erotic Attitudes" bear out in real life nine times out of ten - and the "Erotic Attitudes" term is frankly all too one-sided and rather misleading.
    I'd like to hear more about this. How would one "properly interpret" them? What would be a better term than "Erotic Attitudes"?
    TiNe, LII, INTj, etc.
    "I feel like I should be making a sarcastic comment right now, but you're just so cute!" - Shego, Kim Possible

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Erotic Attitudes

Edited for gayness.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Transigent, I like this way you broke it down.

Freud's theory of libido divided into Eros/Erotic, and the "death instinct". Sorta like Yin and Yang, if you will.

So Socionics helps us to further break down the type of "libido" that people tend to give off or attach to things, through what he called "cathexes". So its really a sort of energy output which comes in two opposing extremes which mix with one another to different extents.

introverted functions are more conserving of energy, take in more than they give out, so, for example Transigent's descriptions fit well. Like Si, very careful, sensual. Appreciative of its atmosphere, choicy and creative with where it expends its "energy" of Fe.

So this whole functional aspect of Socionics is just a way of compartmentalizing and categorizing the very intuitive ideas of Freud.

But what I am getting at is that Freud's idea of "Eros" and the "death instinct" give a good understanding of the concept of "erotic attitude" and can help develop a more intuitive understanding of Socionics as a whole. I really suggest that the more intuitive members of this board read up on it. You will notice many similarities in content and description between his theory and Socionics.

Pretty much any book store should have many of his works at very rockbottom prices. :wink: