0 Thread(s)

Default Tsipras LSE/ESTj, Varoufakis ILE/ENTp

ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

awesome thread

what about the president of the parliament , zoi konstantopoulou? LIE?

this is her husband

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILE?
    ILE "Searcher"

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

agree with ILE for Varoufakis

kinda similar to dutch labor party's Diederik Samson (ILE)

konstantopoulou and varoufakis were not rly looking eye to eye

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Varoufakis talking to an ESI

Varoufakis talking to an EII

LSE

ILI

LIE

So, in terms of Socionics relationships, Varoufakis was clearly not the suitable man there
    ILE "Searcher"

lol wrkn hrd

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater
    So, in terms of Socionics relationships, Varoufakis was clearly not the suitable man there
    lol, unfortunately for Varoufakis, i agree that there don't seem to be many Alpha types driving these EU talks. he did resign his post, because he knew the other eurozone leaders didn't want to deal with him. obviously you can't trust these left-wing Alphas with €€€ money!! said Europe...

also, you think Jeroen Dijsselbloem is ESI? i was trying to type him the other day, i did figure he was some Rational type.

Christine Lagarde i thought was LSI, and Jean-Claude Juncker some kind of Gamma NT.

i typed some EU leaders in another thread:
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...=1#post1094118

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Varoufakis is most likely LIE

He's like the long-lost cousin of Dwayne Johnson who was oft typed as LIE or LSE in his typing thread.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i missed the part of your post where you expound at length on the socionically relevant things those two have in common. you know, things other than the shape of their fricking heads.

they don't even look that similar.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by krieger View Post
    i missed the part of your post where you expound at length on the socionically relevant things those two have in common. you know, things other than the shape of their fricking heads.

they don't even look that similar.
    For one he sounds dynamic and that stands out even in translations. So I am questioning the ILE typing that has been even imprinted in the title and simply accepted for granted in this thread.

Care to explain his ILEness?

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

going to throw in soc-first and 'emotivist' into the mix:

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ftr, i didn't just take for granted Varoufakis' ILE typing in this thread.

though at first glance i can see why Varoufakis might look Ej, i'm having a hard time seeing actual VI similarity between him and the Rock. take away their baldness (), watch them speak and how they interact with others, and they are very different imo. (i am aware of the existence of VI "doppelgangers", but i just don't see it in this case.)

i remember that old thread and how people were insisting that Dwayne Johnson is LIE, but i still think some Fe-leading EXE type works better. i had said that he shares similarities with Obama, which i still think is the case. certainly more than he does with Varoufakis.

Dwayne Johnson (EXE)
    Full of Fe-speak, "infects" others with his Fe, deliberately & effortlessly evokes emotional responses from the audience - no sense of fakeness or "trying too hard" like an Fe-role type would do. it's his natural way of being. where's the Te?

Yanis Varoufakis (ILE)

Lacks the emotionality that characterizes Johnson's interactions and communication. dislikes formality (doesn't wear a suit and tie, unlike his counterparts, and resigned as finance minister via a provocative blog post). isn't motivated by seeking power, he was an economics professor before he got into politics. his doggedness at fighting the Troika's insistence of imposing further austerity on Greece is typical of an ILE vainly but valiantly "tilting at windmills" (and thus pissing a lot of people off ). EU leadership that controls the money is full of Te types and some LSIs - types that will typically not be that receptive to an ILE.

His Twitter feed: https://twitter.com/yanisvaroufakis
    His bio: "Economics professor, quietly writing obscure academic texts for years, until thrust onto the public scene by Europe's inane handling of an inevitable crisis"

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glam View Post

though at first glance i can see why Varoufakis might look Ej, i'm having a hard time seeing actual VI similarity between him and the Rock. take away their baldness (), watch them speak and how they interact with others, and they are very different imo. (i am aware of the existence of VI "doppelgangers", but i just don't see it in this case.)

i remember that old thread and how people were insisting that Dwayne Johnson is LIE, but i still think some Fe-leading EXE type works better. i had said that he shares similarities with Obama, which i still think is the case. certainly more than he does with Varoufakis.

Dwayne Johnson (EXE)
    Full of Fe-speak, "infects" others with his Fe, deliberately & effortlessly evokes emotional responses from the audience - no sense of fakeness or "trying too hard" like an Fe-role type would do. it's his natural way of being. where's the Te?

Yanis Varoufakis (ILE)

Lacks the emotionality that characterizes Johnson's interactions and communication. dislikes formality (doesn't wear a suit and tie, unlike his counterparts, and resigned as finance minister via a provocative blog post). isn't motivated by seeking power, he was an economics professor before he got into politics. his doggedness at fighting the Troika's insistence of imposing further austerity on Greece is typical of an ILE vainly but valiantly "tilting at windmills" (and thus pissing a lot of people off ). EU leadership that controls the money is full of Te types and some LSIs - types that will typically not be that receptive to an ILE.

His Twitter feed: https://twitter.com/yanisvaroufakis

Thanks. This is what I think, but my ILE laziness didn't allow me to write it. Glamourama's thoroughness has bailed me out
    ILE "Searcher"

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Besides, Varoufakis has written about Game Theory, which is a field ILEs are supposed to love
    ILE "Searcher"

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Varoufakis's wife Danae Stratou is an interesting person also (although not so much politically). The song 'Common People' by Pulp was written about her.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

lolol... this is hilarious if you're familiar with the people negotiating the Greek crisis

(personally in this context, i'd make Schäuble = Stannis, and Merkel = Melisandre )

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Ah yes, Subt's reply reminded me now that Varoufakis and Starou have been posted in the Gamma examples thread as an example of LIE-ESI couple, with alternative typing of LSE. That's why it felt so off seeing him getting pulled into the opposite quadra.

Interestingly enough, Varoufakis' wife Danae Stratou doesn't seem like any type to match ILEs -- just looking at her aggressive, piercing gaze, suggested typing of ESI is a much more appropriate typing for her:

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

*shrug* I'm going to have to go with @eunice 's astute observation that the similarities between Dwayne Johnson and Obama have to do with them being quadramates and particularly ISFj - ENTj duals, and that Dwayne Johnson is not an ESE or EIE of any sort. IMO LIEs are easily mistaken for ExEs quite often due to them being 'emotivists' -- in LIE-ESI couple it is the LIE that sets-up the emotional tone of the conversation after all (link, pt.3) -- and that gets easily misinterpreted for Fe.

Yanis Varoufakis (ILE)
    Lacks the emotionality that characterizes Johnson's interactions and communication. ...
    I wouldn't say he lacks Johnson's emotionality in communication lol--there is a constant half-smile playing on his face, he varies the tone of his voice regularly, his choice of vocabulary is slightly provocative and touching. I guess this is an example of how differently one person can be perceived by two other people, but to me he is the opposite of being deadpan (as per interview posted above).

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

i didn't even know who that woman was when i saw the pictures, and immediately some kind of Ej type came to mind. EIE or LSE is possible, which would mean benefit relations with Varoufakis - not at all uncommon types to enter into relationships with ILE. but that's based on 2 pictures only, i don't want to really type Stratou without learning more about her first.
    Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    *shrug* I'm going to have to go with @eunice 's astute observation that the similarities between Dwayne Johnson and Obama have to do with them being quadramates and particularly ISFj - ENTj duals, and that Dwayne Johnson is not an ESE or EIE of any sort. IMO LIEs are easily mistaken for ExEs quite often due to them being 'emotivists' -- in LIE-ESI couple it is the LIE that sets-up the emotional tone of the conversation after all (link, pt.3) -- and that gets easily misinterpreted for Fe.p.
    i'm sorry, but atm i still see the arguments for LIE (both for Varoufakis and especially Johnson) to be unconvincing. simply saying that Johnson and Obama are alike because they are duals in the same quadra, especially based on another dubious typing like ESI for Obama, isn't very convincing. the argument about LIE and emotions here basically amounts to "it's not Fe, it just looks like it, this is really a Te leading type". ??? yes, LIEs are emotivists and have role/bold function Fe, but i think it's clear from observing Johnson that he does not use this element in a weak manner, but in the confident, natural way one uses their leading function. so no, i really edon't think i'm confusing LIE's emotivism for leading Fe...

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    I wouldn't say he lacks Johnson's emotionality in communication lol--there is a constant half-smile playing on his face, he varies the tone of his voice regularly, his choice of vocabulary is slightly provocative and touching. I guess this is an example of how differently one person can be perceived by two other people, but to me he is the opposite of being deadpan (as per interview posted above).
    well i didn't say nor mean to imply that Varoufakis' is "deadpan" in his communication, and i wouldn't say it, because it obviously isn't so. however is kind of amazing to me that anyone could look at Johnson's strong command of Fe, the "brightness" of his emotions, with his effortless command of them and the "infectious" nature of them, and find this at all similar to the way that Varoufakis communicates. Varoufakis' slight (possibly unconscious) smile isn't uncommon in ILE, nor is provocativeness (Fi-polr not giving a shit ), in my experience - in any case, it's nothing like Johnson's stark emotionality. the way i see Varoufakis communicating is more like what Ne-leading types do, trying to communicate their understanding, "making complicated things simple".

anyway, this isn't the first time we've disagreed, and i'm sure it won't be the last we seem to have very different ways of typing people...

p.s. if anyone is interested, here is an op-ed written by Varoufakis about his take on Germany and the Eurogroup negotiations. to me, his writing style and way of explaining things, despite English not being his first language, is very similar to another left-wing ILE economist, Paul Krugman (link to Krugman's blog.)

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Danae Stratou...EII?
    ILE "Searcher"

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A young Varufakis, very ILEish

By the way, his wife is super hot...fuck duality!

ILE "Searcher"

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the first picture, Varoufakis looks like an Alien

ILE "Searcher"

in that picture he looks more like freddie mercury

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kalimera View Post
    in that picture he looks more like freddie mercury
    ILEs: a mix of scientist and showman
    ILE "Searcher"

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Tsipras - ENFP(?)

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    ILEs: a mix of scientist and showman
    Scientists in politics? All modern western politics is just a show making an illusion of democracy. There is even such idiotism as "democratic" kingdomes like Britain where king may do almost everything as there is no even Constitution and any law and strategic decision must be approved by the king.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm pretty sure Varoufakis is LIE.