Thread: What types would be most like this?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What types would be most like this?

Not sure if this is really type related, but something I've come to notice about myself is that I tend to be attracted to or interested in people with an aura of spirituality about them. I'm a hardcore atheistic materialist myself, but I've always been fascinated by people's spiritual beliefs and like asking them questions, challenging them about it, etc. I always seem to be exploring some spiritual system of the month, everything from Buddhism to Zoroastrianism. Can't say I'm a believer, but it always interests me nonetheless. I kind of look for spiritual qualities in a partner, not necessarily some fanatic, but someone that seems to have some sense of something out there bigger then themselves I guess. Always feels a bit incomplete to me if they don't have a quality like that. Sounds weird I know, probably is. I tend to test as INXX, I always seem borderline 50/50 on the last two.

hiatus
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by uncivilized View Post
    I kind of look for spiritual qualities in a partner, not necessarily some fanatic, but someone that seems to have some sense of something out there bigger then themselves I guess. Always feels a bit incomplete to me if they don't have a quality like that.
    My answer: I think that it could be correlated to valuing Ni, more specifically seeking it.

Side note: This isn't really on topic, and I may derail into another thread, but as a sweeping generalization, I'd say religions and/or individuals that value "mysticism" more value Ni, while religions and/or individuals that value "morals/ethics" more value Fi, with traditional religious institutions being aristocratic by nature and in Reinin dichotomy. Thus, I'd say that Betas and Deltas tend to be more "religious" in the traditional sense, but plenty of Alphas and Gammas are religious, as many Betas and Deltas are irreligious. If you know anything about Christianity and the divisions within it, I think you can observe the Beta/Delta clash. Anyways, sorry for rambling.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hacim View Post
    My answer: I think that it could be correlated to valuing Ni, more specifically seeking it.
    Yeah, he kind of sounds like an LSI.

@uncivilized Check these out:

http://www.sociotype.com/tests/
    http://zhilkin.com/socio/en/

And learn some socionics.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

You really seem an LSI/ISTj who wants an ENFj in their life to be "close" to them.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Ni valuing unless I misunderstand the POV it's coming from; what in it is so specifically LSI? I don't see that. I'm not saying it must be excluded either, of course. I do relate to some of this