Thread: The movie "Divergent"

TIM
    SLE-Se
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The movie "Divergent"

Have you seen this movie? With respect to socionics, people usually find their type and remain relatively satisfied that it accurately describes them. There are some people, however, that seem to exhibit various types at various times or in various situations - I think it's somewhat analogous to the people who do not fit into the predefined, particular roles in the movie. Personally, I cannot conclude that I'm any certain type, or even any certain quadra, and I'm wondering how many others cannot find a type to call "home" in socionics.

I also wonder how many folks find a type - then associate it to their self-identity in such a manner that it becomes prohibitive to their desire to grow in "weak areas" and become conditioned.

Do you think that people can have "Divergent" personalities which are able to interchange functions depending on intrapersonal/interpersonal/extrapersonal variables?

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For people that use the theory in the way you describe, yes; for people that apply it after getting to know someone's nature, no because it allows for people to still have a type, yet vary from it in many ways - because we don't always act according to our natures.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think not being able to find you type has to do with using not the right way of finding your type.

a pattern that i noticed was that people who use functions to type themselves get confused. use dichotomies and descriptions. at least you must be clear on some of the dichotomies. that narrows it down. also don't look at absoluut measures but relative measures, eg don't try to see wether you are introvert or extraverted by some kind of measure, but try to see how introverted or extraverted your are compared to others, when keeping in mind approx 50% is introverted and 50% is extraverted, you can usually easely identify yourself with a group.

TIM
    SLE-Se
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    i think not being able to find you type has to do with using not the right way of finding your type.

a pattern that i noticed was that people who use functions to type themselves get confused. use dichotomies and descriptions. at least you must be clear on some of the dichotomies. that narrows it down. also don't look at absoluut measures but relative measures, eg don't try to see wether you are introvert or extraverted by some kind of measure, but try to see how introverted or extraverted your are compared to others, when keeping in mind approx 50% is introverted and 50% is extraverted, you can usually easely identify yourself with a group.
    I've tried all the ways - renin dichotomies, tests, quadra analysis, PolR/Dual seeking/HA analysis, and VI. There's a theory called "Dual-Type" which comes the closest to me - ILE/LIE (Ne/Te base and Ti/Ni creative ego mix). All the dichotomies and aforementioned analyses are evenly split between the points of divergence for ILE/LIE.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've seen the movie. Seems not alpha at all.

TIM
    4w3 so/sx
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bumping cuz I love this series & currently watching the 3rd movie.