Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 94

Thread: Why is Se so desired?

  1. #1
    GEEZYFLOW.NET Wontlythemoonbear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Pluto
    TIM
    EIE, LIE?
    Posts
    137
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

    Default Why is Se so desired?

    Why is Se so desired in both Socionics as a subtype, and MBTI as a top cognitive function? Is it because of society? Is it the whole "living in the moment" craze? Is it the exploration aspect?

    Someone, please tell me. I am an SLe-ESTp and I don't get the whole "Se" craze. Someone explain this to me.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    209
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Because IEIs gravitate to personality theory so a bunch of Se suggestive are on these sites.

  3. #3
    when you see the booty Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    everywhere at once
    Posts
    8,449
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have never known this to be the case. Who told you that?
    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl

    http://forum.socionix.com/
    It's pretty cool

  4. #4
    GEEZYFLOW.NET Wontlythemoonbear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Pluto
    TIM
    EIE, LIE?
    Posts
    137
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elina View Post
    Because IEIs gravitate to personality theory so a bunch of Se suggestive are on these sites.
    I guess. I've never actually met an IEI in real life before. They must be pretty rare in reality, compared to Se, Fe and Si, Ti subtypes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    I have never known this to be the case. Who told you that?
    I dunno, that's just the impression I am getting, looking through things on both sites and listening to people's opinions. It could just be me.

  5. #5
    Queen of the Damned Aylen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    MACS0647-JD
    TIM
    ILI ~ 458 sx/sp
    Posts
    9,876
    Mentioned
    728 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luchoislurking View Post
    Why is Se so desired in both Socionics as a subtype, and MBTI as a top cognitive function? Is it because of society? Is it the whole "living in the moment" craze? Is it the exploration aspect?

    Someone, please tell me. I am an SLe-ESTp and I don't get the whole "Se" craze. Someone explain this to me.
    I wasn't aware of it being that desired, in a any significant way, among the masses so I am not sure what kind of explanation you are asking for.

    Edit: I see Galen was in before me...

    "When I ought to be thinking of heaven he will nail me to earth"

     







  6. #6
    Fembot Olimpia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    TIM
    IEI-1Ni
    Posts
    6,514
    Mentioned
    536 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elina View Post
    Because IEIs gravitate to personality theory so a bunch of Se suggestive are on these sites.
    That's pretty much it.

  7. #7
    when you see the booty Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    everywhere at once
    Posts
    8,449
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luchoislurking View Post
    I guess. I've never actually met an IEI in real life before. They must be pretty rare in reality, compared to Se, Fe and Si, Ti subtypes.
    Nah, types are pretty evenly distributed throughout the general population. Certain subcultures and hobbies may draw certain types more than others, but IME they're all about evenly spread.
    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl

    http://forum.socionix.com/
    It's pretty cool

  8. #8
    Breaking stereotypes Suz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On a chatbox diet
    TIM
    IDK
    Posts
    6,470
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luchoislurking View Post
    Why is Se so desired in both Socionics as a subtype, and MBTI as a top cognitive function? Is it because of society? Is it the whole "living in the moment" craze? Is it the exploration aspect?

    Someone, please tell me. I am an SLe-ESTp and I don't get the whole "Se" craze. Someone explain this to me.
    Is it???
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

  9. #9
    GEEZYFLOW.NET Wontlythemoonbear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Pluto
    TIM
    EIE, LIE?
    Posts
    137
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    I wasn't aware of it being that desired, in a any significant way, among the masses so I am not sure what kind of explanation you are asking for.

    Edit: I see Galen was in before me...
    Yeah. Oh, well. I dunno. Our whole Western culture seems gravitated toward SLE, SEE, ESE types etc. Extroverted Feelers and Sensors.

    Quote Originally Posted by Elina View Post
    I'm not sure how rare they are. I know MBTI theory says the Ni/Fe type is the rarest, but MBTI sucks anyway lol. I have one IEI friend right now irl, other than that I can't think of any others off the top of my head. But sometimes you might miss/mistype people and think you don't know any of that type when you do.
    Also, socionics theory says that you and your dual live in opposite environments. So if you're an SLE, IEIs are likely to not be hanging out in the same environment, doing the same activities as you.
    Yeah, MBTI is too abstract. I used to think I was an xSFJ, but I looked into Socionics, and it was clear that I was an SLE-ESTp. It was down to my looping. Fe-Se loop. Now I am getting out of it, thank God.

    Yeah, so basically places I would never been seen dead in? Activism, Libraries, Star Trek Conventions, Bhuddist Temples, India

    Quote Originally Posted by SisOfNight View Post
    That's pretty much it.
    Yuuuupppp.

    Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    Nah, types are pretty evenly distributed throughout the general population. Certain subcultures and hobbies may draw certain types more than others, but IME they're all about evenly spread.
    What about this whole 1% and 4% thing? Is that just garbage?
    Yeah. I doubt I'd find many ILIs in nightclubs. I doubt I'd find many SLEs in a library, and I doubt I'd find many EIEs fighting with Toro in a bullring.

  10. #10
    when you see the booty Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    everywhere at once
    Posts
    8,449
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luchoislurking View Post
    What about this whole 1% and 4% thing? Is that just garbage?
    I only ever see those percentages in reference to MBTI, but yeah I still think it's garbage. Largely because MBTI is garbage.
    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl

    http://forum.socionix.com/
    It's pretty cool

  11. #11
    boom boom boom blackburry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    TIM
    ESI-Se 6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,269
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't feel like Se is very desired in my life/job/friends.

    I feel like most people appreciate Si and Ne. Not Se... And definitely not Fi.

  12. #12
    Queen of the Damned Aylen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    MACS0647-JD
    TIM
    ILI ~ 458 sx/sp
    Posts
    9,876
    Mentioned
    728 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elina View Post
    Haha try local open mic nights. Artsy fartsy stuff. Go get your fortune read by a palm reader/tarot reader. Good chance she'll be IEI lol


    Oh yeah tools of the trade but higher chance he will get an ESE, SEE, EIE or IEE gypsy type. At least that has been my experience, irl. Maybe if he finds one online (who may or may not be available for weeks at a time) it might be a legit IEI. lol

    I think I had an ESI read my cards once. I felt scolded after.

    ^ Edit: she said I wasn't living right.

    "When I ought to be thinking of heaven he will nail me to earth"

     







  13. #13
    GEEZYFLOW.NET Wontlythemoonbear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Pluto
    TIM
    EIE, LIE?
    Posts
    137
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    I only ever see those percentages in reference to MBTI, but yeah I still think it's garbage. Largely because MBTI is garbage.
    Yeah. The whole I = Introversion S = Sensing etc thing is dumb.

    Some MBTIs are more hidden than others ;D

    Quote Originally Posted by blackburry View Post
    I don't feel like Se is very desired in my life/job/friends.

    I feel like most people appreciate Si and Ne. Not Se... And definitely not Fi.
    Depends on where you work? And who you hang out with, I guess.

    Quote Originally Posted by Elina View Post
    Haha try local open mic nights. Artsy fartsy stuff. Go get your fortune read by a palm reader/tarot reader. Good chance she'll be IEI lol
    Open mic is as far as I'll go, lol. Tarot reading is bull, to me xP

  14. #14

    Default

    Probably because Se can immediately change your internal physical state (Si). People become conditioned like dogs to seek Se objects that feel pleasurable, especially types with strong Si. Generally, Si tends to polarise one's perception of the material world, according to how it feels inside.

    Types with weak Si but strong Ni (all intuitives) experience the material world more neutrally. This is because most of their attention is on mental symbols of the real world, on their past and future development. Ni, being something of a visual overlay, can also both enhance the effect of se, and reduce it, depending on how the symbols are changing. So it can act like an anesthetic (or an aphrodisiac).
    Last edited by ConcreteButterfly; 06-16-2015 at 07:00 AM.

  15. #15
    GEEZYFLOW.NET Wontlythemoonbear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Pluto
    TIM
    EIE, LIE?
    Posts
    137
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ConcreteButterfly View Post
    Probably because Se can immediately change your internal physical state (Si). People become conditioned like dogs to seek Se objects that feel pleasurable, especially types with strong Si. Generally, Si tends to polarise one's perception of the material world, according to how it feels inside.

    Types with weak Si but strong Ni (all intuitives) experience the material world more neutrally. This is because most of their attention is on mental symbols of the real world, on their past and future development. Ni, being something of a visual overlay, can also both enhance the effect of se, and reduce it, depending on how the symbols are changing. So it can like an anaesthetic.
    Ah, that makes sense. So Ni-Doms can control their Se intake?
    Quote Originally Posted by Elina View Post
    Lol. I had an astrology reading done by a Beta NF once. I think EIE. The role rly seemed to fit her.
    Dang.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post


    Oh yeah tools of the trade but higher chance he will get an ESE, SEE, EIE or IEE gypsy type. At least that has been my experience, irl. Maybe if he finds one online (who may or may not be available for weeks at a time) it might be a legit IEI. lol

    I think I had an ESI read my cards once. I felt scolded after.

    ^ Edit: she said I wasn't living right.
    Really? ESFPs are into that? Can I trick one? Lol.

  16. #16
    24601 ClownsandEntropy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    TIM
    LII, 5w6
    Posts
    670
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elina View Post
    Because IEIs gravitate to personality theory so a bunch of Se suggestive are on these sites.
    Don't forget Se-POLRs who like to blame things going wrong on their lack of Se!

    And also maybe it is cos of society: it's all of the leadership/individualism/capitalism ideals but without being too cerebral like Te seems. It's also good at dealing with pressure and fighting for oneself - which people (well, I) have been able to avoid by being "coddled"/protected for my past 20 years.
    Warm Regards,



    Clowns & Entropy

  17. #17
    Airman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,556
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If I really get what you're trying to say, it is because of the following: humans, until they attain some sort of spiritual awakening, or better said, until they have some sort of real spiritual experience, which may be personality-conscious or personality-unconscious, are driven by the Will to Power, this Will the author F. Nietzsche based his work on, and he was widely misunderstood as supporting it. After there is the awakening or the 'light-bringing' into the personality, this may be either through conscious or unconscious processes, then the human being is basically driven to Wisdom and Love, and Understanding which is part of Wisdom. So, Se is widely regarded as 'positive' because it implies power, but not the true Power. After the soul has began pouring its influence on the personality level, then it can be said the individual may choose between pursuing Power first or Love first. Then Power has a whole different dimension to it and is worthy calling it Power, and it has its toll also. But before the individual has gained Wisdom and Love to some measure, the most primitive instincts tell him to achieve power over others, and strength to survive, and basically this most animistic primitive part has its control over the human being until some spiritual awakening happens. The Power that may come after a spiritual development has begun is also related to Se in a sense, but in a completely different manner.

  18. #18
    Airman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,556
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ClownsandEntropy View Post
    Don't forget Se-POLRs who like to blame things going wrong on their lack of Se!

    And also maybe it is cos of society: it's all of the leadership/individualism/capitalism ideals but without being too cerebral like Te seems. It's also good at dealing with pressure and fighting for oneself - which people (well, I) have been able to avoid by being "coddled"/protected for my past 20 years.
    These reasons you cited above are also a big motive why people tend to invest so much their time and value so much Se and Te. These can also be seen as part of the western mentality: individualism and money. Money is power, therefore in the end to have power you need money, and if you have power you have money in society, but not real power. This is the distinction I make between real Power and power in society. Real Power is an influx of Will energy, it energizes and is electrical and fiery by nature, can only be understood in terms of experience with it, while society-power is money and is also an influx of energy but material by nature.

  19. #19
    ■■■■■■ Radio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,574
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    honestly, depends on where you are / where you belong etc.

    when i was in uni there was a huge bias towards Ne and Fi, team-work team-building crap and being part of extra-curricular activities and competitions and everything. the SLEs were most definitely outcasts. even i was an outcast, because i refused to be a part of the IEE "groupthink" but i had an easier time fitting into the study environment than SLEs and LSIs. IEI friend almost dropped out of uni because of lack of support or direction (and i think he really needed more Se professors and motivators etc). so i really don't think it's fair to say Se is desired in every context in society. just for reference, i was an ECE grad, which is one of the more challenging and technical majors.

    likewise, separately an IEE friend who is a business grad, was very well integrated into his study environment and made loads of friends and is moving forward very quickly in his job. i don't know much about what sort of environment he was surrounded with but again, it would be unfair to say his IEE-ness wasn't valued.

    soooo it really depends. i now work for an IT thing and a good majority of people here are alpha / delta, with a few betas and gammas. the betas stick out from afar because Se is such a weird unusual thing here. you can't really make a blanket statement like this IMO.

  20. #20
    ■■■■■■ Radio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,574
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i will concede that while i was in uni i was friends with mostly outcasts because i related more to that, so my friends were an SEI and LSI, and i was friendly with a lot of betas whom i got to know through these two people. and within those contexts often i felt like all of my Fi or Ne was being stiffled. when i was surrounded by 3 SLEs and two ILEs and one SEI (which often happened), i couldn't really say anything that others thought was of value. so it depends.

  21. #21
    GEEZYFLOW.NET Wontlythemoonbear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Pluto
    TIM
    EIE, LIE?
    Posts
    137
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    honestly, depends on where you are / where you belong etc.

    when i was in uni there was a huge bias towards Ne and Fi, team-work team-building crap and being part of extra-curricular activities and competitions and everything. the SLEs were most definitely outcasts. even i was an outcast, because i refused to be a part of the IEE "groupthink" but i had an easier time fitting into the study environment than SLEs and LSIs. IEI friend almost dropped out of uni because of lack of support or direction (and i think he really needed more Se professors and motivators etc). so i really don't think it's fair to say Se is desired in every context in society. just for reference, i was an ECE grad, which is one of the more challenging and technical majors.

    likewise, separately an IEE friend who is a business grad, was very well integrated into his study environment and made loads of friends and is moving forward very quickly in his job. i don't know much about what sort of environment he was surrounded with but again, it would be unfair to say his IEE-ness wasn't valued.

    soooo it really depends. i now work for an IT thing and a good majority of people here are alpha / delta, with a few betas and gammas. the betas stick out from afar because Se is such a weird unusual thing here. you can't really make a blanket statement like this IMO.
    I don't know. I'm not going to University, nor do I plan on going. A lot of the work here seems Beta driven; a lot of my groups seem Beta driven, and I am a Beta, so I must see some bias towards Se. It seems a lot of our courses are hands-on based. Maybe it's me being a teenager also, that things seem more Se-driven than they should. I'm sure as I get older, things won't. My part of society seems very Se-Based, and very desired, imo.

    If I went to University, I would probably find it shit. In school, I was relatively smart, but I hated it. It didn't seem the correct environment for a Beta. Everything was theoretical, and pushed onto us. No flexibility and freedom, couldn't wait to leave. I'm not bad at technical things, but I prefer to be flexible and work on many different things. see different things etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Airman View Post
    If I really get what you're trying to say, it is because of the following: humans, until they attain some sort of spiritual awakening, or better said, until they have some sort of real spiritual experience, which may be personality-conscious or personality-unconscious, are driven by the Will to Power, this Will the author F. Nietzsche based his work on, and he was widely misunderstood as supporting it. After there is the awakening or the 'light-bringing' into the personality, this may be either through conscious or unconscious processes, then the human being is basically driven to Wisdom and Love, and Understanding which is part of Wisdom. So, Se is widely regarded as 'positive' because it implies power, but not the true Power. After the soul has began pouring its influence on the personality level, then it can be said the individual may choose between pursuing Power first or Love first. Then Power has a whole different dimension to it and is worthy calling it Power, and it has its toll also. But before the individual has gained Wisdom and Love to some measure, the most primitive instincts tell him to achieve power over others, and strength to survive, and basically this most animistic primitive part has its control over the human being until some spiritual awakening happens. The Power that may come after a spiritual development has begun is also related to Se in a sense, but in a completely different manner.
    I haven't had a proper spiritual experience, as of yet, but I have had a few quasi ones. None of them have changed my life to the extent where I can say that I have had a 'spiritual awakening' in that context, or a heightened sense of spiritual awareness. I haven't had 'light' brought into my personality, but I can see how Se can be implied as 'powerful' in both a psychical and spiritual sense, and can see how religious leaders can even desire it in the form of spirits. I see your point, but I can't fully comment on it, due to lack of experience.

  22. #22
    Jarno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    TIM
    ILI-Te
    Posts
    5,375
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luchoislurking View Post
    Why is Se so desired in both Socionics as a subtype, and MBTI as a top cognitive function? Is it because of society? Is it the whole "living in the moment" craze? Is it the exploration aspect?

    Someone, please tell me. I am an SLe-ESTp and I don't get the whole "Se" craze. Someone explain this to me.
    might be, in usa extraversion is desired, in japan introversion is desired. It just depends.

  23. #23
    Queen of the Damned Aylen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    MACS0647-JD
    TIM
    ILI ~ 458 sx/sp
    Posts
    9,876
    Mentioned
    728 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luchoislurking View Post
    Really? ESFPs are into that? Can I trick one? Lol.
    Sure, I have met tarot readers that were obviously Se base (looking back) but they had their own way of interpreting the cards. It is a skill that can be taught like any other and interpreted with or without the aid of intuition. In NYC there was a fortune teller every few blocks and they weren't all intuitive types. A lot of them were Romani though and usually women.

    Never try to trick a gypsy.

    "When I ought to be thinking of heaven he will nail me to earth"

     







  24. #24
    GEEZYFLOW.NET Wontlythemoonbear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Pluto
    TIM
    EIE, LIE?
    Posts
    137
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    might be, in usa extraversion is desired, in japan introversion is desired. It just depends.
    Yeah, in Britain (not just England), extroversion and sensation seems a lot more desired than in say Asia. Asians tend to value hard work, dedication, loyalty and introversion a lot more than the Western world does. I think it also depends on the average age and demographics of that given population.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    Sure, I have met tarot readers that were obviously Se base (looking back) but they had their own way of interpreting the cards. It is a skill that can be taught like any other and interpreted with or without the aid of intuition. In NYC there was a fortune teller every few blocks and they weren't all intuitive types. A lot of them were Romani though and usually women.

    Never try to trick a gypsy.
    Yeah, I guess so, in the same sense that being psychic is taught, eh? ;D Never trick a gypsy? Will she go after me? Kill me?

  25. #25
    ■■■■■■ Radio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,574
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luchoislurking View Post
    I don't know. I'm not going to University, nor do I plan on going. A lot of the work here seems Beta driven; a lot of my groups seem Beta driven, and I am a Beta, so I must see some bias towards Se. It seems a lot of our courses are hands-on based. Maybe it's me being a teenager also, that things seem more Se-driven than they should. I'm sure as I get older, things won't. My part of society seems very Se-Based, and very desired, imo.
    i understand. and i guess you see that it's only a very small portion of the world that you're in.

    i just wanted to refute the claim that there is an Se craze, or if it's desired by a majority. in my surroundings right now, the majority seems to be Ne/Si valuing. and i guess it's different for different contexts, so there's always this certain relativism involved.

  26. #26
    GEEZYFLOW.NET Wontlythemoonbear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Pluto
    TIM
    EIE, LIE?
    Posts
    137
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    i understand. and i guess you see that it's only a very small portion of the world that you're in.

    i just wanted to refute the claim that there is an Se craze, or if it's desired by a majority. in my surroundings right now, the majority seems to be Ne/Si valuing. and it's different for different contexts, so there's always this certain relativism involved.
    Where is this Ne/Si being valued? San Francisco? Silicon Valley? Not here anyway...

  27. #27
    ■■■■■■ Radio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,574
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luchoislurking View Post
    Where is this Ne/Si being valued? San Francisco? Silicon Valley? Not here anyway...
    lol well if it helps, i live in pakistan.

  28. #28
    GEEZYFLOW.NET Wontlythemoonbear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Pluto
    TIM
    EIE, LIE?
    Posts
    137
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    lol well if it helps, i live in pakistan.
    Yeah, probably why.

  29. #29
    The sleeping beauty Velvet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    302
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Because se suggestive ones get hooked on it as if it was pure drugs, sometimes we have an impression that se leads can do the impossible within the physical world, similar to what we can generate in our heads but not able to implement in reality. It's totally addictive.

  30. #30
    Breaking stereotypes Suz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On a chatbox diet
    TIM
    IDK
    Posts
    6,470
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post

    Never try to trick a gypsy.
    Why? what happens?
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

  31. #31
    Queen of the Damned Aylen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    MACS0647-JD
    TIM
    ILI ~ 458 sx/sp
    Posts
    9,876
    Mentioned
    728 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luchoislurking View Post
    Yeah, I guess so, in the same sense that being psychic is taught, eh? ;D Never trick a gypsy? Will she go after me? Kill me?
    Quote Originally Posted by Suz View Post
    Why? what happens?



    "When I ought to be thinking of heaven he will nail me to earth"

     







  32. #32
    bolong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    626
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I agree with @blackburry, I think Si is more desired in "society"... Se creatives, however, who are proficient in Si as well as Se, do well I think, better than ESXps. I've noticed this in my LSI partner, who naturally draws to him NFs of both beta and delta. NTs take a bit longer, I think they recognize that they have to compromise on their logical function a bit around him, but they're also usually Si-starved so that wins out.

    Personally, I don't like dealing with NF males, and sometimes I don't like NT males either, so it's nice to leave that to him.
    Last edited by bolong; 06-16-2015 at 06:42 PM.

  33. #33
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,624
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Because its description sucks
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  34. #34
    Airman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,556
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    In Brazil where I live, I'd say the most desired IEs are Fe, Se and Te, on this order. Te is valued as in work, perhaps I live in a big Te-first 'island' in Brazil which is the city of São Paulo, here business and money and work come first. And here Extroversion is also highly valued. I'd type this 12 million-people city as ENTj. Definitely Gamma with an Se-hidden agenda. Enneagram 3w4.

  35. #35
    High Priestess glam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,388
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    haven't noticed an "Se craze" thing, but as others mentioned, maybe it can seem that way online due to the preponderance of IEIs and other intuitives & introverts on typology forums. online there's also a lot of Withdrawn enneagram types and so-last instincts.

    here in 'Merica, Se is certainly valued, but along with Te. right now i'm in a job-seeking stage, and everything is about competing against others (between individuals, companies, organizations), building up a "well-rounded" resume with a ton of activities and accomplishments, all with emphasis on making making as much money as possible. on your resume and cover letters, you're expected to emphasize all your accomplishments (i.e. brag) and "sell yourself". you gotta look like an extroverted, busy person with a positive attitude who can do anything and everything! it's stressful, really....

    my friend living in Sweden (a Delta, non-Se-valuing country) says if you ever tried bragging about yourself when applying for a job, people would think you're an ass and you'd never get hired.

    i think Western culture as a whole is pretty Te-valuing right now, but there can be a big difference between Gamma and Delta if you're looking at integral types of countries/cultures.

  36. #36
    Breaking stereotypes Suz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On a chatbox diet
    TIM
    IDK
    Posts
    6,470
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by glam View Post

    here in 'Merica, Se is certainly valued, but along with Te. right now i'm in a job-seeking stage, and everything is about competing against others (between individuals, companies, organizations), building up a "well-rounded" resume with a ton of activities and accomplishments, all with emphasis on making making as much money as possible. on your resume and cover letters, you're expected to emphasize all your accomplishments (i.e. brag) and "sell yourself". you gotta look like an extroverted, busy person with a positive attitude who can do anything and everything! it's stressful, really....
    Yeah I totally hear you there. I hate that whole having to "brag" thing too...

    I defnitely felt the push to be involved in a ton of activities back when i was in school, but I've found over time that that it's better when you have fewer but more substantial things on your resume, it goes a longer way and not as diluted. I think employers & admissions committees value when you show a real commitment to something and follow through on things and maybe make a real difference in some way, rather than being too spread thin. I personally feel more fulfilled when i can do that too, and bringing something to completion, instead of having a million things going on, none of which i can get really good at or finish. (I had an ex-boss recently that was CRAY CRAY that way, loading me up with a million projects i couldn't really finish -- I can't stand that!! ditched him).

    that said, idk what field you're in... maybe it's different for what you're trying to do idk... i'd think it would be a fairly general sentiment though.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

  37. #37
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by glam View Post
    haven't noticed an "Se craze" thing, but as others mentioned, maybe it can seem that way online due to the preponderance of IEIs and other intuitives & introverts on typology forums. online there's also a lot of Withdrawn enneagram types and so-last instincts.

    here in 'Merica, Se is certainly valued, but along with Te. right now i'm in a job-seeking stage, and everything is about competing against others (between individuals, companies, organizations), building up a "well-rounded" resume with a ton of activities and accomplishments, all with emphasis on making making as much money as possible. on your resume and cover letters, you're expected to emphasize all your accomplishments (i.e. brag) and "sell yourself". you gotta look like an extroverted, busy person with a positive attitude who can do anything and everything! it's stressful, really....

    my friend living in Sweden (a Delta, non-Se-valuing country) says if you ever tried bragging about yourself when applying for a job, people would think you're an ass and you'd never get hired.
    They are trying to be worthy of recognition. Stating their merits
    i think Western culture as a whole is pretty Te-valuing right now, but there can be a big difference between Gamma and Delta if you're looking at integral types of countries/cultures.

    They are trying to be worthy of recognition. Stating their merits. F om Se perspective it's facts and evidence. From Te it's"look at my actions and what I've been able to do."

  38. #38
    GEEZYFLOW.NET Wontlythemoonbear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Pluto
    TIM
    EIE, LIE?
    Posts
    137
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    They are trying to be worthy of recognition. Stating their merits. From Se perspective it's facts and evidence. From Te it's"look at my actions and what I've been able to do."
    Yeah, in a sense I agree. But is that not the other way around? Does Te not like to present facts and evidence, and Se actions and accomplishments?


    Quote Originally Posted by glam View Post
    haven't noticed an "Se craze" thing, but as others mentioned, maybe it can seem that way online due to the preponderance of IEIs and other intuitives & introverts on typology forums. online there's also a lot of Withdrawn enneagram types and so-last instincts.

    here in 'Merica, Se is certainly valued, but along with Te. right now i'm in a job-seeking stage, and everything is about competing against others (between individuals, companies, organizations), building up a "well-rounded" resume with a ton of activities and accomplishments, all with emphasis on making making as much money as possible. on your resume and cover letters, you're expected to emphasize all your accomplishments (i.e. brag) and "sell yourself". you gotta look like an extroverted, busy person with a positive attitude who can do anything and everything! it's stressful, really....

    my friend living in Sweden (a Delta, non-Se-valuing country) says if you ever tried bragging about yourself when applying for a job, people would think you're an ass and you'd never get hired.

    i think Western culture as a whole is pretty Te-valuing right now, but there can be a big difference between Gamma and Delta if you're looking at integral types of countries/cultures.
    Yeah, I guess so. Social as a last? I don't think that means much though. So is my last/second last, and I like to be social.

    Yeah, same here. They want you to have a load of achievements, sell yourself in your CV, and appear a confident, active, friendly person who'll enjoy their job.

    Really? Dang. No-one here would do well in Sweden.

    Delta and Gamma? Hm. I still seem to see a lot of Betas here. My Dad is Delta/Gamma (ExTJ, not sure).

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Because its description sucks
    Nope.


    Quote Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
    Because se suggestive ones get hooked on it as if it was pure drugs, sometimes we have an impression that se leads can do the impossible within the physical world, similar to what we can generate in our heads but not able to implement in reality. It's totally addictive.
    Yes, Se can be addictive. I can see how people can think it's wonderful in a psychical sense, but sometimes it's nice to give it a break and focus on other Functions.

  39. #39
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luchoislurking View Post
    Yeah, in a sense I agree. But is that not the other way around? Does Te not like to present facts and evidence, and Se actions and accomplishments?




    Yeah, I guess so. Social as a last? I don't think that means much though. So is my last/second last, and I like to be social.

    Yeah, same here. They want you to have a load of achievements, sell yourself in your CV, and appear a confident, active, friendly person who'll enjoy their job.

    Really? Dang. No-one here would do well in Sweden.

    Delta and Gamma? Hm. I still seem to see a lot of Betas here. My Dad is Delta/Gamma (ExTJ, not sure).



    Nope.




    Yes, Se can be addictive. I can see how people can think it's wonderful in a psychical sense, but sometimes it's nice to give it a break and focus on other Functions.
    Example...Se ...when I was living in Pasadena I had a nice house. It was a half a million dollar home and a big pool. But, I hated the neighbors.

    Te..."I fixed it and this looks good on me. I can fly these things and one day I will."

    The Se is descriing the properties of the object...the house, big, worth, the size of the pool and the people from a relationship view Fi

    The Fe is stating the action and HOW it is or will be received as the method has already been determined.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 06-17-2015 at 05:23 PM.

  40. #40
    GEEZYFLOW.NET Wontlythemoonbear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Pluto
    TIM
    EIE, LIE?
    Posts
    137
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Example...Se ...when I was living in Pasadena I had a nice house. It was a half a million dollar home and a big pool. But, I hated the neighbors.

    Te..."I fixed it and this looks good on me. I can fly these things and one day I will."

    The Se is descriing the properties of the object...the house, big, worth, the size of the pool and the people from a relationship view Fi

    The Fe is stating the action and HOW it is or will be received as the method has already been determined.
    Oh, I see. How would Ti come into account from the relationship point of view? And Ni?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •