Member Questionnaire 1 (Alparslan)
What is beauty? What is love?
Beauty depends on what you see as beauty. Love is a sense of connection, a feeling (of attachment). Very subjective
What are your most important values?
Freedom. Autonomy. Creativity. Knowledge. Health (especially mental health)
Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
Yes. I believe that everthing is related in the whole universe, but we are to much grounded in the physical reality to perceive the truth. I believe in a God which you can connect with if you let go the earthy needs.
Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
War, militiraries, etc. never took my interest, same as power. Power is control. But real power never exists, because you can never control everything beside yourself. So at the same time, power is an illusion. People with this kind of 'idealogies' bring only disaster to the world because of their greed
What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
Yes. Philosophy, spirituality, martial arts/sports/fitness, traveling, animals, yoga/meditation, business, inventions, making money. These things can make me more free because of the mind-body connection it can bring. It brings clarity and knowledge about the real truth. Having money brings you freedom in the world to explore the world and not being bound by obligations. Being creative makes me feel alive.
Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
yes. I take interest in sports and nutrition to improve my health (or to keep it healthy). But it is not a topic that I would dive in very deeply. But I enjoy the thought that i will live long and healthy
What do you think of daily chores?
I hate it from the bottom of my heart (like paying taxes, doing groceries, paperwork)
Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
7 habits of highly effective people, Autobiography of a yogi, think and grow rich, wolf of wallstreet, Godfather
What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
People and animals suffering can make me very emotional. Pain from other people can make me suffer. Things that make me smile is not being controlled by my own thoughts. To be happy without thinking. Being happy with what you have. Being in fully acceptance
Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
Nature. Being independent in a group/organisation/friends that accept me and my skills so we can grow together.
What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
Indecisiveness. Losing interest very quickly. Trouble making connection with people (dont know how to behave)., hate being restricted by schedules and things like school schedules, etc. Too much observing other peoples attitude toward me. Stressed very easily
What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
Being analytical. Humor. Creativity. Accepting. Independence. Insightful. Commercial thinking. Listening. Learning fast. Interest in a lot of things. Open minded. Thinking. Imagination (sometimes too much). Thinking about problems and opportunities that others dont see.
In what areas of your life would you like help?
How to create a psychological strong mind. How to make my body/brain function optimally to do things i want to do. People who show me support/positive emotions, who help and accept me. Someone that can organise the smaller things in my life (daily chores)
Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
Yes. I didnt know what to do with my life. I couldnt choose anything, because everything was interesting, but also no interesting. I felt stuck in my own decisions. didnt know who i was/am. Still trying to figure it out
What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
Like friendly people, openminded people, funny people, enterprising and caring people. I dont like bossy people, unaccepting people, demanding people, egocentric people, selffish people, rude people, agressive people, commanding people.
How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?
I like romance and sex. I like a partner that is caring and open. Someone who is truthful and nice. Doing things that I am not good in, like daily tasks. Sexual partner.
If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
I would try to be her/his best friend. Only then the child will fully trust me and love me. I would give the child a lot of freedom, with a few boundaries of what she/he could or could not do. Teach him/her a lot. Make him/her make own choices and decisions. Independence
A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
Inward: I will think about what he says and try to understand it. Maybe feel irritated, but remain open minded. Outwards I will give him the time to explain himself and ask a lot of questions to understand. Not show that I am irritated.
Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
I see the society as something that i dont belong in to. Most of the people i see are like fish swimming in an aquarium, waiting to be fed and to die. Very shallow. Boring. Too much stupid things like working from 9-5, paying taxes, being a slave. I don’t like it.
How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
I dont make friends easily. But if i make friends, i try to be with people that accept me as i am. I also accept them as they are. I can not completely be myself because of the fear to be 'rejected', or to be seen as weird, because thats how I feel inside. I try to act more like how they wont to see me. People have to give me something of value too (like open thinking, business, love, sex, etc)
How do you behave around strangers?
Not very talktative. Shy. Withdrawn. Trying to act funny, cool, etc. Most often very cold and uncomfortable and suspicious