Thread: how do you tell Ni role from Ni mobilising?

Default how do you tell Ni role from Ni mobilising?

any thoughts?

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IPs are pretty easy to spot.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you think I may be IP?

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Role is a part of the superego; developed enough to get by, to mask a weakness or deficiency, but not something you take seriously or really care for. I don't care for Si, but it's become clear to me over my life that a lot of people judge things by the first impressions they get off things. For example, let's say I choose to dress comfortable, but bland; someone might make a lot of associations about me from that, such that I don't care about my appearance or that I'm poor or lazy, etc. So I've learned to care, but I don't at all.

I don't know about mobilizing, as I don't really have one and would rather not try to speak for other people that say they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    IPs are pretty easy to spot.
    how so? i have 2 friends and i suspect one is an LSI and one is an SLI. they both seem to have that lazy i-don't-give-a-fuck body language, which i associate with IP temperament. like they sink into their surroundings.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyx View Post
    Role is a part of the superego; developed enough to get by, to mask a weakness or deficiency, but not something you take seriously or really care for. I don't care for Si, but it's become clear to me over my life that a lot of people judge things by the first impressions they get off things. For example, let's say I choose to dress comfortable, but bland; someone might make a lot of associations about me from that, such that I don't care about my appearance or that I'm poor or lazy, etc. So I've learned to care, but I don't at all.

I don't know about mobilizing, as I don't really have one and would rather not try to speak for other people that say they do.

interesting, i think you're right, the role is something you only do as much as you need to, to get by, and not be treated worse for by others because of neglect. the mobilising by contrast seems like something you really care about even if no one else does.

TIM
    ESI 684
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ConcreteButterfly View Post
    interesting, i think you're right, the role is something you only do as much as you need to, to get by, and not be treated worse for by others because of neglect. the mobilising by contrast seems like something you really care about even if no one else does.
    So:

Ni role would be kinda like if you're doing a job based around prediction(s)(more important to others, obviously) while
    Ni mobilising would place a lot of importance on time efficiency / development of events(even if not important).

...fascinating.

edit: I am more interested in the difference between Ni creative and mobilising, seeing how one seeks out another.