TIM
    ILE ELVF sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Member Questionnaire (cldwlker)

Hello everyone !
    The more I read about socionics, the less certain I am about my type. I thought it could be a good idea to fill up a questionnaire and ask for your opinions. Sorry for the grammar or spelling mistakes and also for the vagueness, I got a bit tired by the end.

Thank you for reading !

Member Questionnaire 1

What is beauty? What is love?

I think we find something beautiful when seeing/hearing/smelling it triggers a positive feeling in us. I'm not really sure about this theory but lately I've been thinking that we find something beautiful because it echoes to a vision in our subconscious. For example,imagine a painting of a seaside. Maybe the reason why you could find this artwork beautiful is because what the artist chose to emphasize (the blue of the water, the calmness, ...) corresponds to what you (subconciously) personally like about it. I don't know if that makes any sense to you, I'm still trying to put that into clear words.

Love is an illusion caused by the chemicals in our brains in order to ensure the survival of the specie. I guess it manifests in an attraction between people. I'm not sure I have already experienced this feeling, I just feel deep trust and great satisfaction when the person is around and that's all...

Whatare your most important values?

My most important value is respect. I think that if you respect and value others' identities, liberties and opinions enough, it is almost impossible to do them wrong. This is a bit simplistic but nobody never challenged this so I live by it until someone proves me wrong .
    Freedomis highly important to me too.

Doyou have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold(or don't) those beliefs in the first place?

No I don't have any. I've always been trying to keep away from beliefs that cannot be explained. Things in what people should just have faith, it sounds dangerous to me. on the other hand, I enjoy learning about weird theories if they have some kind of explanation. I don't necessarily believe in them, I just like understanding them and trying to explain them to others.

Opinionon war and militaries? What is power to you?

War and militaries seem to be part of the human/animal culture just like the notions of territory, hierarchy in societies, etc . But I regret we are not evolved enough to be able to avoid using violence to resolve political, societal or economical issues.
    Power is meaningless to me, it is ephemeral and unreliable. Still, a powerful position can be useful to convince the people of something.

What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests?Why?

Lately,I've had long conversations about not understanding why people do certain things, dictatorship and socionics. I've had a lot of short-lived interests this year (knitting, watercolors, photography, ...)

Interestedin health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on yourbody?

Not at all, the concept of someone being wounded, ill or disabled makes me really uncomfortable. I can try to distance myself emotionally inorder to have a conversation but most of the time I freeze up forlong enough for the other person to understand that we should change the subject.
    Most of the time I feel like I'm only a pair of floating eyes and a mouth.I never think about my body and often bump into the furniture.

Whatdo you think of daily chores?

I need to be focusing on something else. I often use music.

Booksor films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Exampleswelcome.

I don't watch a lot of movies, I can't seat for several hours without feeling like I'm wasting my time even though they are worth it sometimes. I can't think of any except The Matrix which I watched last year.
    Favorite books : Albert Camus, TheStranger; Franz Kafka, TheMetamorphosis;George Orwell, 1984

What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?

I
    always smile a lot when texting my friends, it doesn't matter where I am, I can't help it.

Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?

At home or when I'm performing at or attending a musical event.

What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike aboutyourself?

I've
    been told several times that I was emotionally immature.
    There's nothing I really dislike about myself as everything is improvable, I just try to get better at doing the things I'm bad at.

Whathave people seen as your strengths? What do you like aboutyourself?

When people get to know me, they find weird that I seem immune to criticism and stress. I guess it is a strenght. I like that I can(most of the time) distance myself emotionally from a matter in order to make choices and that I am not impulsive.

In what areas of your life would you like help ?

I use the planner on my phone a lot to remind me of chores, paperwork and deadlines. Without it, I would fail at being an adult.

What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types doyou get along with?

I like warm and creative people. I dislike when people are "closeminded" and do everything by the book and I find people that are pushy annoying.
    I get along with people who laugh at everything I say even when I don't intend to be funny.

Howdo you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?

For some reason, this is the only subject I cannot joke about. I'm not sure why, it feels too serious. I like when a partner is caring and often hugs.

Afriend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What isyour inward and outward reaction?

My beliefs are very basic so that doesn't often happen. I think, I might think they are stupid for saying that but I would ask them to explain why they did. Oftentimes, it is just that I misunderstood what they meant.

Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? Whatdo you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.

I think I'm kind of on the verge of society. I like to do things my way but I still try to follow a "normal" path in order to avoid compromising my future too much.
    Intolerance is a quite big one, many things would be easier if more people realized how similar we all are.

How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?

Generally I observe them for several days before. Then I go up to them and I talk pretty fast in very friendly way. I try to learn the most I can about them and I tell too much about myself. At this point if everything went according to plan I consider they are one of my good friends and act totally naturally around them, I enjoy when the other does the same.

How do you behave around strangers?

It depends, if they are a total stranger I'm careful and I listen a lot. If they are a friend of a friend of a friend I am very friendly and energetic because I am excited to meet somebody new.
    Last edited by cldwlker; 06-11-2015 at 01:12 AM.

TIM
    IEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello, I'll wing it--

I see an outgoing Dialectical-Algorithmic Cognition, paired with a slightly unconscious hidden agenda of to love

ILI with Ni preference

TIM
    ILE ELVF sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I looked it up, it seems a bit rigid to me but I somehow identify with those parts :

It can easily switch to an opposite direction, and possesses predictive ability, accompanied by an effective type of associative memory.

For example, the cause of a sculpture is an idea of it in the head of the sculptor. The main role is played by a program, the intention of the creator.
    In the sense that I find the intention much more important than its possible consequences.

This thinking is more comparable to a symphony of flowing interwoven imagery, rather than a mechanism of clearly established instruction sets.
    The psyche of Dialectical types is most prone to transformations. From a psychological point of view, an unstable oscillating psyche is fertile ground for suggestibility.

I'm not sure to have understood it all though. Thank you for the input !

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

@cldwlker

I thought LII at first but I guess the ILE can work too, yep

TIM
    ILE ELVF sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Myst Thank you for your opinion !

I think I'm alpha NT, not sure which one yet but I'm going to figure that out !