Ne Ni Se
    Se Si Ne
    Te Ti Fe
    Fe Fi Te
    Ni Ne Si
    Si Se Ni
    Fi Fe Ti
    Ti Te Fi

Basically the base function is the baseline, from there a person moves "up" to their ignoring function when secure, or "down" to their role function when insecure. The continuous use of the ignoring function happens only in very secure situations. Otherwise one defaults to their base and then role, depending on the severity of pressure. You could say a person "starts" from their Role and only goes up. Perhaps an exceptionally secure situation makes one become their suggestive function. So a Ne base would actually be an evolving Se ego:

Se->Ne->Ni ->Si

What do you guys think? and I'm sorry for posting a bunch of threads like this, I know not many people understand them or want to see them, but I want to share them anyway because it helps me to put this all together in my head. Feel free to add your own insights or disagree or whatever.

edit: i changed it to make ignoring function the security point!
    Last edited by ConcreteButterfly; 06-25-2015 at 02:00 PM.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

this is an interesting idea. if i was looking at it, i'd view this association through as Model A blocks rather than individual functions. this is assuming the interpretation that moving towards your "Stress" point is unhealthy, and moving toward your "Security" point is healthy.

Default state: Ego and Id blocks. Things you easily, naturally, and normally do.
    Security point: Super-id. Can "move up" through interacting with your Dual, and developing your Suggestive and HA (integration = "dualization")
    Stress point: Super-ego. Disintegrating when pressure is put on your weak/devalued points (PoLR and Role functions), e.g. the stress you experience when interacting with your Conflictor or Superego.

to me the Role function is a major stress point (even when developed), because it's always going to be something you feel you "have" to do, like an obligation, despite devaluing and being weak at it. i also don't find the Ignoring function to be an obvious point of psychological disintegration - this function is naturally strong but doesn't seek to exchange info with others (it's unconscious, unvalued, inert). i view the usage of Id functions as kind of private and personal, but not unhealthy or stressful.

Quote Originally Posted by glam View Post
    this is an interesting idea. if i was looking at it, i'd view this association through as Model A blocks rather than individual functions. this is assuming the interpretation that moving towards your "Stress" point is unhealthy, and moving toward your "Security" point is healthy.

Default state: Ego and Id blocks. Things you easily, naturally, and normally do.
    Security point: Super-id. Can "move up" through interacting with your Dual, and developing your Suggestive and HA (integration = "dualization")
    Stress point: Super-ego. Disintegrating when pressure is put on your weak/devalued points (PoLR and Role functions), e.g. the stress you experience when interacting with your Conflictor or Superego.

to me the Role function is a major stress point (even when developed), because it's always going to be something you feel you "have" to do, like an obligation, despite devaluing and being weak at it. i also don't find the Ignoring function to be an obvious point of psychological disintegration - this function is naturally strong but doesn't seek to exchange info with others (it's unconscious, unvalued, inert). i view the usage of Id functions as kind of private and personal, but not unhealthy or stressful.

I agree with you, I changed the positions of role and ignoring. I don't know where I got it the other way around, seems obvious now that superego is a stress point

Does anyone else have comments ?

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ConcreteButterfly View Post
    I agree with you, I changed the positions of role and ignoring. I don't know where I got it the other way around, seems obvious now that superego is a stress point

Does anyone else have comments ?
    Where did that slater comment go about the spiritual stress points of each type? That has more insights into the types, especially if familiar with them.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think your suggestive dual seeking function comes the closest to a security point and your PoLR closest to a stress point.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP