Thread: what are my variants?

TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default what are my variants?

I have noooooooooo idea what my variants are at all. I'm usually typed as so/sx but I'm REALLY VERY awkward and I wouldn't call myself charming or smooth ever. Nor would anyone else. I'm super effusive and fairly friendly but I'm also guarded too and prefer talking to "my people" which is usually either a small clique or one person. And if they're not with me, then I never talk. But I was really concerned with fitting in all the time and being liked by everyone up until recently. I used to want to be everyone's friend. And I was severely made fun of by literally everyone all the time because of that and also because I'm usually kind of in-your-face. So I decided to stop and now I'm not as trusting anymore. I'm almost always considered really nice though. I just had a problem with trying too hard. I'm also not a social butterfly at all. I have few friends and focus mostly on them. And I'm not really friends with people for the sake of it, I like feeling close to my friends and knowing everything about them and if I can't have that, then I tend to not put put much effort in maintaining the friendship. I do like joking around and stuff, but I definitely desire being close more. I usually drop friends and not talk to them as much (that sounds so mean!) that I know I won't ever be close to or that I find super boring. Also I'm fairly emotionally open and tend to get annoyed by people who are closed books. Unless they're really interesting IMO. When I was younger, I could tell my life story (including super personal details) to random strangers. Of course, I'm much more guarded and cautious now.

I'm not good with conflict or confrontation at all. I'm very easy to boss around. Whenever someone insults me, annoys me, or makes fun of me, I either just take it and get visibly moody, or smile and/or giggle. Whenever I confront someone, I almost always end up smiling (and my smiles are large, toothy smiles) unless it's someone I REALLY dislike. Someone once called me the most non-threatening person that person knew and one of my friends agreed with her. I had this weird aggressive and vulgar phase and it was pretty terrible since I came off so obviously fake since I'm so naturally like this. I'm also always lighthearted in delivery and one of those people who always use the same voice. I always sound kind of cheerful even when I'm being negative.

Also I'm considered a good girl by everyone, and I consider myself one too. It's not an act, and it really is who I am. I'm not wild or "bad" in the slightest.

My tritype is 6w7-2w3-9w1. I used to think I was 1 fixed because I'm such an intense perfectionist and care A LOT about social justice but I think that's just because I'm an ESFJ.

So what do you think?

TIM
    IEI-1Ni
    Mentioned
    536 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Take this test, come back with your result and thoughts.

http://www.eclecticenergies.com/enneagram/test-2.php

TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SisOfNight View Post

Type 2 SP

Type 6 SO

Type 3 SO

Type 7 SO

Type 9 SO

Type 8 SO

Type 4 SX

Type 1 SO

Type 5 SO

I'm definitely sure I'm a 6w7 though.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)

that test always says i'm sx/so, i wouldn't trust it for instincts.

TIM
    IEI-1Ni
    Mentioned
    536 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Riyesa View Post
    Type 2 SP

Type 6 SO

Type 3 SO

Type 7 SO

Type 9 SO

Type 8 SO

Type 4 SX

Type 1 SO

Type 5 SO

I'm definitely sure I'm a 6w7 though.
    Interesting results. They just confirm my impression you were Type 6 Sp/So.

TIM
    IEI-1Ni
    Mentioned
    536 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Here:

Self-pres/social 6
    This subtype of Six is generally warm and friendly. The self-pres combines with the social instinct in such a way that the Six looks to find security in alliances. This type is the least counterphobic of the instinctual stackings of type Six. It’s not so much that they can’t be counterphobic; it’s just not where they locate their security. They would rather feel comforted by the safety of like-minded individuals. Family and traditions are often very important to them. They can appear like enneatype One in their ability to get things done, their organizational style, their sense of duty, and their loyalty. This type is usually very independent and proactive when it comes to the details of life. They get things done before they become a problem. On the down side, they can become frozen with anxiety. This stacking is the most visibly anxious Six. They can exhaust themselves from worrying.
    In relationships, when healthy, they are very loyal and trustworthy. The self-pres in the Six brings a focus on security. Security to the self-pres/social Six is generated by connections with other individuals or groups. These alliances with others foster a “going towards.” This stance usually involves a testing of others to make sure that they are safe. Does the other person have the best interests of the Six at heart? They question other’s intentions. It’s not generally an overt confrontational testing, but still, testing others is always an essential element in determining who becomes a trusted friend or romantic partner.

TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here:
    red-what I relate to
    blue-what I don't relate to

This subtype of Six is generally warm and friendly.The self-pres combines with the social instinct in such a way that the Six looks to find security in alliances. This type is the least counterphobic of the instinctual stackings of type Six. It’s not so much that they can’t be counterphobic; it’s just not where they locate their security. They would rather feel comforted by the safety of like-minded individuals. Family and traditions are often very important to them. They can appear like enneatype One in their ability to get things done, their organizational style, their sense of duty, and their loyalty. This type is usually very independent and proactive when it comes to the details of life. They get things done before they become a problem. On the down side, they can become frozen with anxiety. This stacking is the most visibly anxious Six. They can exhaust themselves from worrying.
    In relationships, when healthy, they are very loyal and trustworthy.
    The self-pres in the Six brings a focus on security. Security to the self-pres/social Six is generated by connections with other individuals or groups. These alliances with others foster a “going towards.” This stance usually involves a testing of others to make sure that they are safe. Does the other person have the best interests of the Six at heart? They question other’s intentions. It’s not generally an overt confrontational testing, but still, testing others is always an essential element in determining who becomes a trusted friend or romantic partner.

Can sp/sos be oblivious regarding personal boundaries?

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Riyesa View Post
    I'm also not a social butterfly at all. I have few friends and focus mostly on them. And I'm not really friends with people for the sake of it, I like feeling close to my friends and knowing everything about them and if I can't have that, then I tend to not put put much effort in maintaining the friendship. I do like joking around and stuff, but I definitely desire being close more. I usually drop friends and not talk to them as much (that sounds so mean!) that I know I won't ever be close to or that I find super boring. Also I'm fairly emotionally open and tend to get annoyed by people who are closed books. Unless they're really interesting IMO. When I was younger, I could tell my life story (including super personal details) to random strangers. Of course, I'm much more guarded and cautious now.

i'm not that great at identifying others' instincts, but this sounds not sx-last.

TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

actually I think I'm so/sx for sure now. I've been described as being all-over-the-place and too high-energy more than once. I'm open to other suggestions though.