User Tag List

Results 1 to 34 of 34

Thread: Hi I'm Jessica

  1. #1
    summerprincess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    US
    TIM
    IEI 4w3 sx/sp
    Posts
    517
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Hi I'm Jessica

    I'm a Gemini turning 19 soon! I made an account here awhile ago but lost it and had hardly used it so I thought why not make this one and be an active member. I'm trying to figure out my type so if anyone has any ideas that would be cool. Right now I'm a part time student and I will soon be taking intensive arabic classes! I love looking up interesting topics, languages, reading, traveling as much as I can, smoking hookah, doing relaxing things and I drink way too much caffeine. Nice meeting everybody!

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,048
    Mentioned
    381 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Your photo gives me EII / INFJ impression.
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

  3. #3
    the flying pig Capitalist Pig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Posts
    5,928
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by summerprincess View Post
    I made an account here awhile ago but lost it and had hardly used it so I thought why not make this one and be an active member.

  4. #4
    summerprincess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    US
    TIM
    IEI 4w3 sx/sp
    Posts
    517
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Your photo gives me EII / INFJ impression.
    If you read my questionnaire does it still seem like that? I haven't gotten that a lot

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,048
    Mentioned
    381 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by summerprincess View Post
    If you read my questionnaire does it still seem like that?
    Generally, to be sure in type I use video, not photos. So I'm not sure in INFJ, but see this as significant possibility.
    I prefer nonverbal-intutive method and trust it more than what people say. Interpretation of questionnaires is speculative too, - many things may be interpreted by different ways, and in my taste questionnaires not always give enough data - many things are not asked, too easy to say anything or don't say important.

    In case you were typed as INFJ by MBTI and that is why think yourself as IEI. INFJ = EII, in my understanding.
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

  6. #6
    The sleeping beauty Velvet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    302
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Generally, to be sure in type I use video, not photos. So I'm not sure in INFJ, but see this as significant possibility.
    I prefer nonverbal-intutive method and trust it more than what people say. Interpretation of questionnaires is speculative too, - many things may be interpreted by different ways, and in my taste questionnaires not always give enough data - many things are not asked, too easy to say anything or don't say important.

    In case you were typed as INFJ by MBTI and that is why think yourself as IEI. INFJ = EII, in my understanding.
    There is no total equivalent between socionics and mbti. But since we are standing on this fragile cracking ice, technically from the functions overview perspective INFJ and IEI are both NiFe. Makes me think my last mbti test gave me INFP, yet it's FiNe this EII which I am not. Dichotomy testing is dangerous as it's easily pushing people into somewhere they don't necessarily belong.

  7. #7
    summerprincess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    US
    TIM
    IEI 4w3 sx/sp
    Posts
    517
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Generally, to be sure in type I use video, not photos. So I'm not sure in INFJ, but see this as significant possibility.
    I prefer nonverbal-intutive method and trust it more than what people say. Interpretation of questionnaires is speculative too, - many things may be interpreted by different ways, and in my taste questionnaires not always give enough data - many things are not asked, too easy to say anything or don't say important.

    In case you were typed as INFJ by MBTI and that is why think yourself as IEI. INFJ = EII, in my understanding.
    I'm an INFP or ENFP in MBTI but I don't like it much and no types really resonate with me in MBTI as much as Socionics. I tend to look at Socionics types completely separately just because a lot of the functions are described differently and vary depending on the system.

  8. #8
    Queen of the Damned Aylen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    MACS0647-JD
    TIM
    ILI ~ 458 sx/sp
    Posts
    9,876
    Mentioned
    728 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
    There is no total equivalent between socionics and mbti. But since we are standing on this fragile cracking ice, technically from the functions overview perspective INFJ and IEI are both NiFe. Makes me think my last mbti test gave me INFP, yet it's FiNe this EII which I am not. Dichotomy testing is dangerous as it's easily pushing people into somewhere they don't necessarily belong.
    IEI, and to a lesser degree, EII seem like hybrids of INFJ/P.

    "When I ought to be thinking of heaven he will nail me to earth"

     







  9. #9
    rob timidly hacim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    personal space station
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    342
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The systems of MBTI and Socionics are irreconcilable by my understanding. See my post #252 in http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...f-Alphas/page7.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,048
    Mentioned
    381 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by summerprincess View Post
    I tend to look at Socionics types completely separately
    4 letters in type notation like INFJ mean only preferences. These preferences are identical in MBT and Socionics, hence INFJ in MBT is INFJ/EII in Socionics. Functions are not described in 4-letter code. MBTs types descriptions are worse, less correct (for introverted types especially), but relate to same types designated only by preferences.
    You could be typed wrong to INFP by MBTI tests and their methods, similarly as can be typed wrong by methods common in Socionics.

    You may compare types descriptions for INFJ/EII and INFP/IEI in Socionics. INFJ may appear to fit you more. Unfortunally it's not always easy to understand own type correctly by reading types descriptions. Other types are also possible, without video it's hard to be sure in type.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hacim View Post
    The systems of MBTI and Socionics are irreconcilable by my understanding.
    Both are Jungian typology.
    The only serious difference between Socionics and Jung's typology with MBT is using by MBT another (differing from Jung and wrong) functional model for introverted types. Other things are same in their essence, at least are compatible.
    Socionics has extended Jung's typology, not changed it. Only MBT changed (without reasons) Jung's typology partly: like uses INTJ functional model for INTP and vice versa - but as MBT practice don't use functional models intensively they don't have big problems from this mistake.
    Any other differences in Socionics and Jung's typology or MBT are minor, while all base essence is same.
    Last edited by Sol; 08-02-2015 at 10:02 PM.
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

  11. #11
    summerprincess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    US
    TIM
    IEI 4w3 sx/sp
    Posts
    517
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    4 letters in type notation like INFJ mean only preferences. These preferences are identical in MBT and Socionics, hence INFJ in MBT is INFJ/EII in Socionics. Functions are not described in 4-letter code. MBTs types descriptions are worse, less correct (for introverted types especially), but relate to same types designated only by preferences.
    You could be typed wrong to INFP by MBTI tests and their methods, similarly as can be typed wrong by methods common in Socionics.

    You may compare types descriptions for INFJ/EII and INFP/IEI in Socionics. INFJ may appear to fit you more. Unfortunally it's not always easy to understand own type correctly by reading types descriptions. Other types are also possible, without video it's hard to be sure in type.



    Both are Jungian typology.
    The only serious difference between Socionics and Jung's typology with MBT is using by MBT another (differing from Jung and wrong) functional model for introverted types. Other things are same in their essence, at least are compatible.
    Socionics has extended Jung's typology, not changed it. Only MBT changed (without reasons) Jung's typology partly: like uses INTJ functional model for INTP and vice versa - but as MBT practice don't use functional models intensively they don't have big problems from this mistake.
    Any other differences in Socionics and Jung's typology or MBT are minor, while all base essence is same.

    Hmm, well I identify with IEI more than EII if I had to pick one, which is exactly what I did lol. Characters/people commonly typed as IEI are more similiar to me; this is how I figured out that I was probably an IEI. However, could I still posssssibly be EII? Yes, I'm just not thoroughly convinced of that as of yet.

  12. #12
    summerprincess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    US
    TIM
    IEI 4w3 sx/sp
    Posts
    517
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by summerprincess View Post
    Hmm, well I identify with IEI more than EII if I had to pick one, which is exactly what I did lol. Characters/people commonly typed as IEI are more similiar to me; this is how I figured out that I was probably an IEI. However, could I still posssssibly be EII? Yes, I'm just not thoroughly convinced of that as of yet.
    To follow up to this, as a child I moved a lot and was always very quiet and only in the past couple of years have I really come out of my shell. Not sure if this could be a functions thing as well as an environmental thing. This is why I'm kind of on the fence about possibly being an extroverted type. It's possible but more probable that I would be an Introtim, I think. The types I'm considering, in order from most probable to least, are IEI, EII, IEE, and mayyyybe EIE but I have yet to hear anybody say that. You guys typed Elena from the Vampire Diaries as EIE though?! She always seemed so introverted to me so if she is EIE it's pretty easy to believe that I could be. Other characters: Phoebe from friends was typed as IEI here and I resonate with her; I'm kinda strange and silly like that (not quite as unabashedly but I do come across as spacey and say a lot of odd things.) Peyton from One Tree Hill was I think typed as IEI here and I've always liked/resonated with her as well.

  13. #13
    the flying pig Capitalist Pig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Posts
    5,928
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

    Default

    why do you look familiar

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,048
    Mentioned
    381 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by summerprincess View Post
    I identify with IEI more than EII if I had to pick one. Characters/people commonly typed as IEI are more similiar to me
    Types descriptions are too general. IRs are needed to check additionally.
    Same type is only one IR. Several kinds of them should be checked: duals, superego, etc. - good (giving symphathy and trust), "neutral" and bad IR. Types of wich quadra are closer to good and wich to bad.
    As typing does not match between all(!) typers in >50% cases (when they don't know beforehand versions of others), so I recommend only my list of people in signature to check IR. Also you need to type people near you yourself.

    However, could I still posssssibly be EII?
    You may to be different types. INFJ is what seems to me more than INFP from your single photo. With video the situation would be more clear.
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

  15. #15
    President of WSS Jack Oliver Aaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    TIM
    ILE
    Posts
    431
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by summerprincess View Post
    To follow up to this, as a child I moved a lot and was always very quiet and only in the past couple of years have I really come out of my shell. Not sure if this could be a functions thing as well as an environmental thing. This is why I'm kind of on the fence about possibly being an extroverted type. It's possible but more probable that I would be an Introtim, I think. The types I'm considering, in order from most probable to least, are IEI, EII, IEE, and mayyyybe EIE but I have yet to hear anybody say that. You guys typed Elena from the Vampire Diaries as EIE though?! She always seemed so introverted to me so if she is EIE it's pretty easy to believe that I could be. Other characters: Phoebe from friends was typed as IEI here and I resonate with her; I'm kinda strange and silly like that (not quite as unabashedly but I do come across as spacey and say a lot of odd things.) Peyton from One Tree Hill was I think typed as IEI here and I've always liked/resonated with her as well.
    I wouldn't go by how fictional characters are typed. They're necessarily unrealistic (and probably mistyped).
    Founder & President of World Socionics Society
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/worldsocionicssociety

  16. #16
    Glorious Member mu4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mind
    Posts
    7,966
    Mentioned
    568 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hello and welcome!

  17. #17
    the flying pig Capitalist Pig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Posts
    5,928
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Oliver Aaron View Post
    I wouldn't go by how fictional characters are typed. They're necessarily unrealistic (and probably mistyped).
    Listen to this man, he is the President of WSS.

  18. #18
    both sides, now wacey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Canada
    TIM
    9w8
    Posts
    3,272
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    welcome to the 16 types.
    "If this to end in fire, then we should all burn together. Watch the flames climb higher into the night."

  19. #19
    summerprincess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    US
    TIM
    IEI 4w3 sx/sp
    Posts
    517
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Types descriptions are too general. IRs are needed to check additionally.
    Same type is only one IR. Several kinds of them should be checked: duals, superego, etc. - good (giving symphathy and trust), "neutral" and bad IR. Types of wich quadra are closer to good and wich to bad.
    As typing does not match between all(!) typers in >50% cases (when they don't know beforehand versions of others), so I recommend only my list of people in signature to check IR. Also you need to type people near you yourself.



    You may to be different types. INFJ is what seems to me more than INFP from your single photo. With video the situation would be more clear.
    I don't know what an IR is lol. And yeah I type people around me all the time. To make things more clear as you say is it necessary for me to take a video? If I take one what should I talk about? Thank youu

  20. #20
    summerprincess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    US
    TIM
    IEI 4w3 sx/sp
    Posts
    517
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Oliver Aaron View Post
    I wouldn't go by how fictional characters are typed. They're necessarily unrealistic (and probably mistyped).
    This is true in a lot of cases I'm just not completely sure what else to go by other than Reinin dichotomies which are unreliable, V.I. which I'm not great at, and generalized descriptions. Oh and I also use quadras in typing but they are not always super clear.

  21. #21
    summerprincess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    US
    TIM
    IEI 4w3 sx/sp
    Posts
    517
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think the reason I suck at typing myself is, even though I know myself well, I'd rather just be the type people see me as. I want to embody specific types even if maybe they aren't my type.. does this make sense?

  22. #22
    President of WSS Jack Oliver Aaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    TIM
    ILE
    Posts
    431
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by summerprincess View Post
    This is true in a lot of cases I'm just not completely sure what else to go by other than Reinin dichotomies which are unreliable, V.I. which I'm not great at, and generalized descriptions. Oh and I also use quadras in typing but they are not always super clear.
    My advice would be to make sure you know your quadras very well (that includes blocking of different valued IM Elements together), then look at Club, then finally Temperament.

    For example... Beta -> Beta NF -> IEI

    Learning Model A inside out and backwards is also a good idea.

    As for Reinin dichotomies, many of them should not be used because they are defined wrongly e.g. Tactical/Strategic. They need to be carefully redefined based on their mathematical placement in order to be used.

    Then there's V.I., which is popular over here, but has no empirical evidence to support it whatsoever. Having hunches about a face is fine, but relying solely on that to type a person, rather than asking questions to find out more about a person's and check that hunch, is a sure way to fail at Socionics.
    Founder & President of World Socionics Society
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/worldsocionicssociety

  23. #23
    President of WSS Jack Oliver Aaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    TIM
    ILE
    Posts
    431
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by summerprincess View Post
    I think the reason I suck at typing myself is, even though I know myself well, I'd rather just be the type people see me as. I want to embody specific types even if maybe they aren't my type.. does this make sense?
    Well, that already suggests being Fe-Ego. The desire to project an image for the sake of others is a clear indicator.
    Founder & President of World Socionics Society
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/worldsocionicssociety

  24. #24

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,048
    Mentioned
    381 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by summerprincess View Post
    I don't know what an IR is lol
    Intertype Relations

    To make things more clear as you say is it necessary for me to take a video? If I take one what should I talk about?
    To be typed distantly - video is needed, without it nonverbal information is too small and probability of mistake is significantly higher.
    You may tell: "What do I do better than others. What others do better than me." 10 min video with that conditions.
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

  25. #25
    summerprincess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    US
    TIM
    IEI 4w3 sx/sp
    Posts
    517
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Oliver Aaron View Post
    Well, that already suggests being Fe-Ego. The desire to project an image for the sake of others is a clear indicator.
    Fe-ego is IEI is it not? or EIE? Sometimes I feel like I'm just too blunt and awkward to have strong Fe

  26. #26

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,048
    Mentioned
    381 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by summerprincess View Post
    Fe-ego is IEI is it not?
    IEI, EIE, SEI, ESE
    but there is no sure arguments to think you are Fe

    I've made video bloggers list (look at signature). You may check types of wich quadra give you more feeling of trust, sympathy and humaneness. IEI - beta, EII - delta.
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

  27. #27
    High Priestess glam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,388
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Oliver Aaron View Post
    Then there's V.I., which is popular over here, but has no empirical evidence to support it whatsoever. Having hunches about a face is fine, but relying solely on that to type a person, rather than asking questions to find out more about a person's and check that hunch, is a sure way to fail at Socionics.
    idk, is there anyone here that relies solely on VI to type? usually i see those using VI also preferring to confirm their typings with video, quotes, etc. from the person in question. i agree that solid typings must come from more than VI, but for people who are experienced with VI, it's often based on a bit more than a mere hunch. sometimes the way people present themselves can give you useful information that might be relevant to their type.

    as far as VI having "no empirical evidence to support it whatsoever", well a lot of people would argue that about socionics as a whole i disagree that there's no evidence though, e.g. Filatova showed through her portraits the visual similarities that people of identical types often share (and she did not type them using VI). after typing many identicals, it's not hard to become familiar with these similarities, and this is what helps to VI others of the same type later on.

  28. #28

    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    TIM
    ESI 684
    Posts
    661
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by glam View Post
    idk, is there anyone here that relies solely on VI to type? usually i see those using VI also preferring to confirm their typings with video, quotes, etc. from the person in question. i agree that solid typings must come from more than VI, but for people who are experienced with VI, it's often based on a bit more than a mere hunch. sometimes the way people present themselves can give you useful information that might be relevant to their type.

    as far as VI having "no empirical evidence to support it whatsoever", well a lot of people would argue that about socionics as a whole i disagree that there's no evidence though, e.g. Filatova showed through her portraits the visual similarities that people of identical types often share (and she did not type them using VI). after typing many identicals, it's not hard to become familiar with these similarities, and this is what helps to VI others of the same type later on.
    VI shouldn't be about the shape of a jaw or the length of a nose, but about a vibe a person is giving. Perfect example: SLE and how they should always look like they're in your face in one way or another. Kinda superior as well. Meanwhile IEIs give an impression of a distant, dreamy, shy person. A PERFECT person to be conquered by an aforementioned SLE, no?

    But yes, it really should be used in tandem with other types of typing.

  29. #29
    Jazz, Kisses, & Cigarettes Pink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    TIM
    Between the Lines
    Posts
    492
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by summerprincess View Post
    I'm a Gemini turning 19 soon! I made an account here awhile ago but lost it and had hardly used it so I thought why not make this one and be an active member. I'm trying to figure out my type so if anyone has any ideas that would be cool. Right now I'm a part time student and I will soon be taking intensive arabic classes! I love looking up interesting topics, languages, reading, traveling as much as I can, smoking hookah, doing relaxing things and I drink way too much caffeine. Nice meeting everybody!


    You're extremely adorable, btw

    B e a u t i f u l S i l e n c e ・ 。☆・

  30. #30
    summerprincess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    US
    TIM
    IEI 4w3 sx/sp
    Posts
    517
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    IEI, EIE, SEI, ESE
    but there is no sure arguments to think you are Fe

    I've made video bloggers list (look at signature). You may check types of wich quadra give you more feeling of trust, sympathy and humaneness. IEI - beta, EII - delta.
    After reading over the quadra types I feel that I relate most to the Alpha & Beta types somehow, Alpha probably more than Beta?! .. the things that don't fit me for alpha are - I'm not energized by community events/holidays; and I hate when people tell long slow stories. For Beta, I relate to most of it but I hate competitive atmospheres and they freak me out. Gamma isn't really me, and Delta partially fits me but I am more dramatic, don't like to rely on my own 'industriousness', and I like groups based on 'fun, emotional interaction'. The thing I really relate to in Delta is that they 'don't fare well in high pressure situations' - this is SO me. I hate being under tons of pressure! Unlike Deltas though, I tend to dislike the splintering of groups.

  31. #31
    President of WSS Jack Oliver Aaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    TIM
    ILE
    Posts
    431
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by glam View Post
    idk, is there anyone here that relies solely on VI to type? usually i see those using VI also preferring to confirm their typings with video, quotes, etc. from the person in question. i agree that solid typings must come from more than VI, but for people who are experienced with VI, it's often based on a bit more than a mere hunch. sometimes the way people present themselves can give you useful information that might be relevant to their type.

    as far as VI having "no empirical evidence to support it whatsoever", well a lot of people would argue that about socionics as a whole i disagree that there's no evidence though, e.g. Filatova showed through her portraits the visual similarities that people of identical types often share (and she did not type them using VI). after typing many identicals, it's not hard to become familiar with these similarities, and this is what helps to VI others of the same type later on.
    Well, when people post just a few pictures and other people give single word, type responses, it certainly looks like it.

    It is absolutely true that Socionics doesn't have empirical backing, but this I'm more ok with, because it's not necessarily making any empirical claims. It just is a theoretical mapping of personality that people may or may not fit into. However, when VI is used, an empirical claim is used i.e. that people of a certain facial structure will be of a certain personality. This needs a great deal of proof. I do not doubt that there may be such correlations, but proof is needed for it to be a reliable, and trustworthy approach.
    Founder & President of World Socionics Society
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/worldsocionicssociety

  32. #32

    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    TIM
    ESI 684
    Posts
    661
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Oliver Aaron View Post
    Well, when people post just a few pictures and other people give single word, type responses, it certainly looks like it.

    It is absolutely true that Socionics doesn't have empirical backing, but this I'm more ok with, because it's not necessarily making any empirical claims. It just is a theoretical mapping of personality that people may or may not fit into. However, when VI is used, an empirical claim is used i.e. that people of a certain facial structure will be of a certain personality. This needs a great deal of proof. I do not doubt that there may be such correlations, but proof is needed for it to be a reliable, and trustworthy approach.
    Then what's the point of all of this? I need a Te answer!

  33. #33

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,048
    Mentioned
    381 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by summerprincess View Post
    I'm not energized by community events/holidays
    introversy

    I hate competitive atmospheres
    no valued Se. hence alpha or delta

    Delta partially fits me but I am more dramatic
    F types are dramatic. Fe are externaly more, than Fi. Not a strong factor.

    I like groups based on 'fun, emotional interaction'
    Good emotional interaction in groups all people like, while F types are more accented on this.

    I really relate to in Delta is that they 'don't fare well in high pressure situations'
    Pressure can be in any function but possibly you thought about will - weak Se.
    Generally, types deal well only in their strong functions regions. Not quadra specific.

    Unlike Deltas though, I tend to dislike the splintering of groups.
    I don't know about convincing theory wich would say this as delta specific or significant trait for delta. You may meet many wrong things about types, wich were taken from a ceil.

    As may follow from your text you may to be delta, alpha; beta, gamma are more doubtful. Information in this text is not enough for sure typing, anyway. Even large questionnaries don't give many things.
    If you want normal theory text, - read Filatova's book.
    If you want be typed - make a video-interview.
    If you want to understand the type yourself - my types examples will be useful as I've described upper.
    Last edited by Sol; 08-08-2015 at 09:21 AM.
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

  34. #34
    President of WSS Jack Oliver Aaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    TIM
    ILE
    Posts
    431
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nondescript View Post
    Then what's the point of all of this? I need a Te answer!
    For a Te-valuer, the point lies more in Socionics happening to be useful for some people's personal use as a tool to help them understand people. If they personally find that it works for them, then it can be attractive to them. However, to objectify that a bit, the point lies in Socionics potential to someday be empirically verified. It possesses a robust theory, so the next step would be to see if the robustness objectively and empirically can be shown to hold up in people's interactions and behaviour in a quantitatively measurable way.

    For the time being, I advocate recognising the limits of Socionics and using it within those limits. I certainly think that trying to use VI is overreaching those limits to an absurd extent. Instead, trying to suss out someone's personality type by asking them about their personality seems a lot more reliable (still not particularly reliable given the fallibility of humans, but it is in the right ballpark).
    Founder & President of World Socionics Society
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/worldsocionicssociety

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •