Thread: Questionnaire + more

TIM
    ESI 684
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Questionnaire + more

Right. Let's do this as we should. I'll first aggregate the questions then answer them sequentally. I'll try to make it as pleasing to an eye as possible.

Questions:

1. What is beauty? What is love?
    2. What are your most important values?
    3. Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?

4. Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
    5. What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
    6. Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
    7. What do you think of daily chores?
    8. Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
    9. What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
    10. Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
    11. What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
    12. What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
    13. In what areas of your life would you like help?
    14. Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
    15. What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
    16. How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?
    17. If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
    18. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
    19. Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
    20. How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
    21. How do you behave around strangers?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Answers:

1. What is beauty hm? First of all it needs to be outlined that it is subjective. what I find beautiful someone else might find highly repugnant. Second of all, the ability to define it eludes me. I'd say that a beauty is when you are positively influnced by a physical property of something, most often the looks, but it can happen that there's a beautiful perfume, touch etc. So, I'd definitely link it with sensual side of a man. Ultimately? It's a subjective and sensual feeling you get when you're positively influenced by a physical property of something.

What is love? A defined it exactly half a year ago: "A love is a state of longing for someone or something". I don't think I need to say anything else.

2. My most important values are freedom, truth and honour. Honour is de facto amalgamation of the first two so yeah. Why freedom? Because there can't be more depressing thing than to be forced into something. Everyone deserves at least this basic need. Truth because from what I found out during my life, if you try to dance around the problem or mask something, you are only digging your grave. If you come out truthfully and admit stuff and say exactly as it is, there shouldn't be any misunderstanding, hence quarrels. And if someone can't live with the truth? Ah...well. What can you do?

3. Not really, no. Except astrology, but that'd require an article of its own so I'll just answer why. Because I found out it works as long as someone does his job instead of scamming you. Filthy scammers! I know that when you show a chart to someone he'll be in the equal state of mind as if you showed him a long math equation. And then the important details such as COMPOSITE(scam alert!) chart, synastry chart etc fly right outta window. Long story short...it works.

4. A war is a necessity in order to preserve peace. It may be an ugly truth, but it is the truth. So, with that said it's much better if that tension that is present in the world discharges somewhere out of mind, out of sight. Sadly, there are like focus points for this energy. Areas like Israel, like Afghanistan, like Africa. But ask yourself: would you rather that this energy discharges itself focusedly in those places or all over the world? You know the ugly truth. With that energy spent we can live in peace. Or rather wall ourselfelves from those influences.

A power is an ability of a person to influence his environment. It can stem from multiple sources. It can also be used for good purposes(family and societal needs) or for bad purposed(ME!!!).

5. Long conversations? About things that interest me, ofc. Things like games, sports, but also politics and economy. Games interest me mainly because I grew up with them. Sports, well I like when my favoured teams win and I like to predict who will win. I also like the kinesthetic side of it. Ah the K-side. It's also very important for games ofc! Politics and economy-I am drawn to them more than I enjoy them for myself. It's nice to formulate your opinions around what someone said, try to predict the likely course of events etc.

6. Nope. Nope. The end.

7. I don't think anything about them. I just do them. "Do or do not. There is no try".

8. I haven't watched that many new movies recently. The most recent were "The Avengers-Age of Ultron" and I loved it! The movie was spectacular and the 4DX tech that I watched it in? LOVE IT! Shame that a screen is of notably smaller size and hence resolution than IMAX. But I will say that I prefer when a movie is about vs(say, like a Dark Knight where it's about Batman vs Joker) instead of group movies(say, The Iron Man > The Avengers). I especially loved Thor as well. The blending of traditional Norse mythos with current day things was spectacular. Overall, I prefer action movies. The more bang, the better! And, ofc, there is this ranchise that must be mentioned:

STAR WARS. I love this thing to the death. It's surreal. Can't wait for this winter ofc! I am already hyped and excited and everything. It'll be BEAUTIFUL, especially if in 4DX. But then the choice presents itself: 4DX vs IMAX. GOSH DARN! Soresu <3 .

9. The ONLY thing that CAN make me cry are absolutely positive endings. Accompanied by relevant music, ofc. Things like ending of Star Wars. Or like ending of LoTR. Things like that. The ending of SWTOR Jedi Consular also broke me down. The passage of time can also break me(like say in the end of Star Trek: DS9).

Things that make me smile? We are talking about smiling, not laughing right? Positive experiences but not of the magnitude as described above. Fine meals, positive outcomes, normal things yeah.

10. That'd be anywhere where I can be truly alone. Home alone, in the nature, in a car in the nature you name it! I feel a sense of elation when I'm alone. A sense that helps me deal with unwashed masses of faceless plebs. Without that ability, I grow judgmental and harsh. I grow exhausted and I completely change. To be alone is to me like a good nap is to someone else-ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY. Also, the family must be mentioned. What kind of monster does not feel at home in his family, no matter how good the family is? ...speechless.

11. My weaknesses? I can't answer for other people(ask THEM, not ME about that!), so I'll speak about what I see as my weaknesses:

-> Hothead: A ticking bomb, when it ticks off, it's Hulk time! This is not ok. I once made a mistake on a car park, bumped a car and then went into hulk mode. I kicked the everloving shit out of it. NOT OK! This is my PRIME WEAKNESS.
    -> not ambitious: Yeah, I am happy with a steady job, a family and few insignificant other things(sport channels, updated PC etc). Prestige and Beverly Hills are not for me!
    -> indecisive: I can be very indecisive and/or doubt my decision after I made it. It can impact quality of life ofc(both for good and for bad).

12. Like with 11, I'll only focus on what I think.

-> Optimism/Realism: I have a rather nice mixture of both. I prefer here and now to most anything(ok, tbh I live on some kind of bridge between here and now and tomorrow a bit slanted towards present) and that allows me to spot and tell things exactly as they are, hence avoiding disappointments etc. On the other hand, there is optimism. I can find a silver lining to most everything. A rather rare feat yeah.
    -> Unbreakable: This one stems from the first one. To break me? Nope. You can do that only with EXCEEDINGLY positive moments and I sure as hell won't grow any more poor due to them. .
    -> Passionate: Deep down, I am rather passionate about this world. I think that my hothead temper is likely an effect of this. I can and I do live inside an emotional bunker, but deep down...those who are meant to see it, see a whole another image of me.

13. For someone to fix my country so that young people stop going away? Hence me getting a steady job? Perhaps with my temper? Don't know tbh. I'll say temper.

14. Nope. Silver lining as I already mentioned in #12. That's it.

15. I don't get with people who are too touchy or who are too judgmental or who like to poke their nose in somebody else's business. I also HIGHLY DISLIKE people who command/mentor other people. Both of those are...OMG. That'd be that.

16. Time for delineation and some logic. This:

Sex = biological need => non romance stuff(one night stands etc)
    Making love = emotional need => romance stuff

Those two are HIGHLY different things that I know only from theory. What? It's the truth dam it! I won't hide it. So, these are my opinions about both:

About Sex: One has got a need to do it and that's why I am ok with things like sexual toys, self help , stuff like that. If we are talking primarily about a biological need(and we are), I prefer if a person does it alone. If it SIMPLY MUST be done in a pair, PLEASE but oh PLEASE do take care of consenquences! Don't ruin your life because of an one night stand.
    About romance: I prefer lifelong romances with a single partner. If a partner(or me) grows tired of whatever, we can arrange for adventures etc. No problem. But at the same time, I am mortally scared of opening myself enough for this to happen. I am not into hurting business I'm afraid.

17. I don't know. I don't deal in ephmeral maybes that I have no idea about. So, I'll just skip this one.

18. Let a fool speak his mind. It's his prerogative after all. If I punch him, which I most likely will and he most likely will have been warned about, it's his fault. My inward and outward reactions are almost equal. Out with the truth, yeah? After that, I'd highly doubt if he is a friend or a mere colleague or whatever. Don't be an idiot and everything will be k!

19. People = unwashed masses. They need to prove to me in some way, not always direct, so as to distance themselves from that state. The prevalent social problem is overbreeding. Look, control yourself. Use things. It's a modern time in a modern world! Don't have 5 children. The problem arises when 2 plebs with a job that barely sustains them have more than 1 kid. I think you know exactly why. We'll have to colonise at least Moon in the next 100 years or so. Bcause the situation on Earth is quickly becoming unbearable.

20. I am dropped in a group of people and I stick close to those that I feel good around and/or have common topics(better if both). They also mustn't diverge that much from my beliefs or the clash will pop up sooner rather than later. That's basically it. I don't adjust my behaviour at all. I very rarely do in fact.

21. Strangers? If they don't begin conversation, I keep quiet. If a girl doesn't begin the look, flirt thing, I won't as well. If I am talking with a stranger, I'll act just as I normally do, but I'll perhaps add a doze of decency that I wouldn't necessarily have around my normal company. I am a motourmouth, but only if someone else initiates. The same can be said for oh so many things.

Ultimately, the words that would describe me in this situation are: normal, reactive and decent.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll have some more questions when you answer. Cheers!

TIM
    ESI 684
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jasmin View Post
    superIntrovert -- Positivist --- Fe valuer
    The type being?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nondescript View Post
    The type being?
    IEI ... or LSI.

TIM
    ESI 684
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
    IEI ... or LSI.
    People told me before that I am practically a walking Se, so that leaves two. One actually. LSI. How about its Se counterpart ESI?

A big further question would be how to translate this into MBTI. Should I ignore IEs and just go for the throat(LSI -> ISTJ) or take care of IEs(LSI -> ISTP)? I mean, I am pretty free wheeling and unrestrained(as is quite obvious). But I guess that Socio rational and MBTI J aren't the same anyhow. Or are they?

TIM
    IEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi there-

Causal Deterministic cognition, mechanistically systems oriented individual, with a human bent + a somewhat conscious to believe hidden agenda

LSI with Se preferring clockwork-like ethics/intuition, shooting from superego

TIM
    ESI 684
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jasmin View Post
    hey

Sensory ego is doable from your view on beauty:

1. What is beauty hm? First of all it needs to be outlined that it is subjective. what I find beautiful someone else might find highly repugnant. Second of all, the ability to define it eludes me. I'd say that a beauty is when you are positively influnced by a physical property of something, most often the looks, but it can happen that there's a beautiful perfume, touch etc. So, I'd definitely link it with sensual side of a man. Ultimately? It's a subjective and sensual feeling you get when you're positively influenced by a physical property of something.

There are diverging opinions on this ...but it´s probably best to forget about mbti altogether and start from zero in socionics.

If you were LSI ...you´d have to be a chick with so much emo. Are you.

ESI .... well, your values are more indicative of Ti/Fe >> truth, freedom ...and others. I don´t get a sense of stuff you identify with or reject in a visceral way to be Fi.

-------->>>

SEX vs. ROMANCE a la Ti

Sex = biological need => non romance stuff(one night stands etc)
    Making love = emotional need => romance stuff

Those two are HIGHLY different things that I know only from theory. What? It's the truth dam it! I won't hide it. So, these are my opinions about both:

About Sex: One has got a need to do it and that's why I am ok with things like sexual toys, self help , stuff like that. If we are talking primarily about a biological need(and we are), I prefer if a person does it alone. If it SIMPLY MUST be done in a pair, PLEASE but oh PLEASE do take care of consenquences! Don't ruin your life because of an one night stand.
    About romance: I prefer lifelong romances with a single partner. If a partner(or me) grows tired of whatever, we can arrange for adventures etc. No problem. But at the same time, I am mortally scared of opening myself enough for this to happen. I am not into hurting business I'm afraid.

why does your partner have to bear a life time of single thou.
    I have no partner. Even if I had, I wouldn't pressure her to do anything. We are all free beings after all. I can use Se all I want, but there is difference between Se/Power and violence. I am not crossing that border. It's scary beyond trust me. If you go far enough your eventually reach Khorne himself lol!

edit: more is better, especially for MBTI question.

TIM
    ESI 684
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could post some of my unrelated writing if you want to go that deep. I'll scrap something from the depths of net .

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Screams Sensory type
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You also love to tell people what to do
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

People told me before that I am practically a walking Se, so that leaves two. One actually. LSI. How about its Se counterpart ESI?

A big further question would be how to translate this into MBTI. Should I ignore IEs and just go for the throat(LSI -> ISTJ) or take care of IEs(LSI -> ISTP)? I mean, I am pretty free wheeling and unrestrained(as is quite obvious). But I guess that Socio rational and MBTI J aren't the same anyhow. Or are they?
    Forget about a 1:1 translation between socionics and MBTI. Nope the socionics/jungian Rational isn't the same as MBTI J. If you really wanted to translate, you can go by functions and end up at ISTP if we assume that Ti/Se are compatible enough across the systems or go by the dichotomies and that isn't guaranteed to still be ISTP. For the dichotomy based approach, I personally don't relate to any of the MBTI types too well, as defined I'd be ISTx. Overall it's really two somewhat different systems, the function based vs the dichotomy based MBTI...

Anyway your questionnaire, I guess I have nothing against LSI, be my Identical, huh?

But I do have a question, why do people tell you you are "practically a walking Se", what arguments do they have for the statement?

TIM
    ESI 684
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    Forget about a 1:1 translation between socionics and MBTI. Nope the socionics/jungian Rational isn't the same as MBTI J. If you really wanted to translate, you can go by functions and end up at ISTP if we assume that Ti/Se are compatible enough across the systems or go by the dichotomies and that isn't guaranteed to still be ISTP. For the dichotomy based approach, I personally don't relate to any of the MBTI types too well, as defined I'd be ISTx. Overall it's really two somewhat different systems, the function based vs the dichotomy based MBTI...

Anyway your questionnaire, I guess I have nothing against LSI, be my Identical, huh?

But I do have a question, why do people tell you you are "practically a walking Se", what arguments do they have for the statement?
    I don't know. Ask them, not me!

As for my arguments, as Mari said, I do like to be right, I like to be in charge(tho not hardcore charge-eh it's difficult to explain, I guess that I prefer to "lead by example not by fkkin hiearchy"). Overall, what I prefer is reality/present over either past or future. That's S alright, but whether it's Se or Si is to be seen. I will have to discern that. I guess that I'm headstrong enough as well for Se to manifest itself. Plus, I have this peculiar style of communication that'd be Se I guess. Where I accentuate/bold the IMPORTANT stuff.

How about Reinins?

edit: I am ennea 684(or 864 whatever) if that helps.

''The problem arises when 2 plebs with a job that barely sustains them have more than 1 kid. I think you know exactly why. We'll have to colonise at least Moon in the next 100 years or so. Bcause the situation on Earth is quickly becoming unbearable''

when 2 plebs with a job that barely sustains them have more than 1 kid, they make plebs with a steady job, a family and few insignificant other things(sport channels, updated PC etc). think they've found the root of what's wrong with the world

TIM
    ESI 684
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kalimera View Post
    ''The problem arises when 2 plebs with a job that barely sustains them have more than 1 kid. I think you know exactly why. We'll have to colonise at least Moon in the next 100 years or so. Bcause the situation on Earth is quickly becoming unbearable''

when 2 plebs with a job that barely sustains them have more than 1 kid, they make plebs with a steady job, a family and few insignificant other things(sport channels, updated PC etc). think they've found the root of what's wrong with the world
    hm?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

As for my arguments, as Mari said, I do like to be right, I like to be in charge(tho not hardcore charge-eh it's difficult to explain, I guess that I prefer to "lead by example not by fkkin hiearchy"). Overall, what I prefer is reality/present over either past or future. That's S alright, but whether it's Se or Si is to be seen. I will have to discern that. I guess that I'm headstrong enough as well for Se to manifest itself. Plus, I have this peculiar style of communication that'd be Se I guess. Where I accentuate/bold the IMPORTANT stuff.

How about Reinins?

edit: I am ennea 684(or 864 whatever) if that helps.
    Would you say that you're an alpha male?
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I don't see Se or Ti
    -

TIM
    ESI 684
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    I don't see Se or Ti
    What do you see?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

What do you see?
    Si....comfort comfort striving

I see it with T...."rules" "laws"

Honestly the intensity of your language is Delta ST
    -

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Damn, why so hostile? Reading your answers had me feeling hostile and wanting to slap someone by proxy. I need to go chill with some music.

-> Hothead: A ticking bomb, when it ticks off, it's Hulk time! This is not ok. I once made a mistake on a car park, bumped a car and then went into hulk mode. I kicked the everloving shit out of it. NOT OK! This is my PRIME WEAKNESS.

18. Let a fool speak his mind. It's his prerogative after all. If I punch him, which I most likely will and he most likely will have been warned about, it's his fault. My inward and outward reactions are almost equal. Out with the truth, yeah? After that, I'd highly doubt if he is a friend or a mere colleague or whatever. Don't be an idiot and everything will be k!

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    ESI 684
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Si....comfort comfort striving

I see it with T...."rules" "laws"

Honestly the intensity of your language is Delta ST
    Tbh, it could be.

Sorry Aylen for that language. It's how I roll .

If you need more examples I can link metric crapton of unrelated stuff. Give me a thing that interests me, give me a sufficiently interesting post and you can bet whatever you have I'll reply. 468 ennea -> super reactive. Tbh, I feel that inside me. The wish to respond, respond, respond. Needless to say, I am quite an adept(even if I loathe to brazenly promote myself-I let others do that) at counterattacks/counter retorts etc. At striking/initiating? lol no.

People suggest ESI to me and I tried acting like it. Subconsciously or not. And there was a strange feeling(? maybe sensation, I'm at loss for words) present. Like I was perma exhausted. Can that happen when a mistype occurs? I am not normally inclined towards exhaustion, quite the contrary!
    Last edited by nondescript; 06-04-2015 at 06:29 PM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I like being around people who have high internal energy bridging on tenseness and anxiety but externally calm. If you are externally gogogo could be SEE
    -

TIM
    ESI 684
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like being around people who have high internal energy bridging on tenseness and anxiety but externally calm. If you are externally gogogo could be SEE
    Se is anything but reactive. SEE especially so . They are an epithome of headlong rush.

I could really see SLI. But what about Reinins? Ignore or?

edit: what I was talking about Ennea is Asking dichotomy! LOL! Just realised it!

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Se is anything but reactive. SEE especially so . They are an epithome of headlong rush.

I could really see SLI. But what about Reinins? Ignore or?

edit: what I was talking about Ennea is Asking dichotomy! LOL! Just realised it!
    I don't like the dichotomy system
    -

TIM
    ESI 684
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't like the dichotomy system
    Yeah a lot of really unclear ones innit?

Plus I think that general psychology showed(even neurology!) that you can't do more than one thing at a time. Which is good. Because you can't waste it and resources if it is so.

So if pressed to say anything about my type, you'd say...which two first IEs?

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Yeah but I don't even know who said that to you so why don't you ask them?

I don't think bolding the important stuff can be traced back to one specific IE without context. Same for being headstrong.

Plus I think that general psychology showed(even neurology!) that you can't do more than one thing at a time. Which is good. Because you can't waste it and resources if it is so.
    You can actually do more than one thing at a time if the tasks are automatized meaning no longer needing to be under conscious control.

But anyway, some people are more of a one-track mind than other people, though this doesn't validate Reinin in any way whatsoever

And who said parallel processing had to be less efficient? Referring to your conclusion about not wasting attention/resources

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

People suggest ESI to me and I tried acting like it. Subconsciously or not. And there was a strange feeling(? maybe sensation, I'm at loss for words) present. Like I was perma exhausted. Can that happen when a mistype occurs? I am not normally inclined towards exhaustion, quite the contrary!
    I don't know about ability to "apply" a typing to yourself like that. So no comment on the strange feeling vs mistype.. but I would say, you can't really force your already existing self-concept or identity into a type and the system isn't meant for that anyway.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

All I see is major case of Si.
    -

TIM
    ESI 684
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All I see is major case of Si.
    And I agree with it. This proves another theory of mine, which I will disclose shortly. I trust Socionics when it comes to IEs-MBTI isn't meant for cog.fncts. They were just a suggestion supplied by Jung and overzealously applied by a person who got lost in his guru-like writing. MBTI is meant to be used like Reinins. Either or, no Fi and stuff like that. Both Keirsey and Cpp/Capt use dichotomy based approach, so them two using that approach should signal something(them two being the foremost authorities on MBTI).

Nevermind. I'll research LSI in detail. What I've read about it on wikisocion seems...remarkably true, yes. And for it to be true, you have to go deep. To dig deeper...always deeper. Such as(a perfect example of Te) one of my favourite pastimes, which is to take a system(let's say talent trees in MMOs) and to reorganise it into more...enjoyable(I usually called it efficient, but it was another e word all along) state. Because I loathe it when something totally third(especially if not even an active skill!) hinders my ability to enjoy/immerse myself. And a loathe to waste my time and energy on meaningless(read: not enjoyable/useful) stuff.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

And I agree with it. This proves another theory of mine, which I will disclose shortly. I trust Socionics when it comes to IEs-MBTI isn't meant for cog.fncts. They were just a suggestion supplied by Jung and overzealously applied by a person who got lost in his guru-like writing. MBTI is meant to be used like Reinins. Either or, no Fi and stuff like that. Both Keirsey and Cpp/Capt use dichotomy based approach, so them two using that approach should signal something(them two being the foremost authorities on MBTI).
    I don't think it means shit that Keirsey and Cpp/Capt think about something in whatever way.

Nevermind. I'll research LSI in detail. What I've read about it on wikisocion seems...remarkably true, yes. And for it to be true, you have to go deep. To dig deeper...always deeper. Such as(a perfect example of Te) one of my favourite pastimes, which is to take a system(let's say talent trees in MMOs) and to reorganise it into more...enjoyable(I usually called it efficient, but it was another e word all along) state. Because I loathe it when something totally third(especially if not even an active skill!) hinders my ability to enjoy/immerse myself. And a loathe to waste my time and energy on meaningless(read: not enjoyable/useful) stuff.
    That doesn't make it Ti or Te on its own. Both can do that. The idea is that one is done in extraverted fashion and the other one in introverted fashion. Read Jung in depth yet?

As for your Si, you should be able to decide if it's demonstrative Si or is in Ego block. For the latter, it means it's conducive to how your consciousness is, its information fits well with it.

TIM
    ESI 684
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think it means shit that Keirsey and Cpp/Capt think about something in whatever way.

That doesn't make it Ti or Te on its own. Both can do that. The idea is that one is done in extraverted fashion and the other one in introverted fashion. Read Jung in depth yet?

As for your Si, you should be able to decide if it's demonstrative Si or is in Ego block. For the latter, it means it's conducive to how your consciousness is, its information fits well with it.
    All these words. Until I experience it, it's all for naught. How to experience Se/Si? How to differentiate between conscious/unconscious reactions at that time?

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

All these words. Until I experience it, it's all for naught. How to experience Se/Si? How to differentiate between conscious/unconscious reactions at that time?
    Lol, I guess no doubt you are S type. I'm the same way.

Conscious functions' processing you should be able to experience consciously, in contrast to that, you will only notice results of the processing of unconscious ones, so while Si in the ID would be a strong function for you, it'd have high automaticity and you would realize its processing consciously only "after the fact".

Does that make sense? If anything's still unclear, do ask about it specifically so I can explain better.

TIM
    ESI 684
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Conscious functions' processing you should be able to experience consciously, in contrast to that, you will only notice results of the processing of unconscious ones, so while Si in the ID would be a strong function for you, it'd have high automaticity and you would realize its processing consciously only "after the fact".

Does that make sense? If anything's still unclear, do ask about it specifically so I can explain better.
    Yeah, de facto example activity would be nice .

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I would say LSI is highly unlikely for you. Yes you seek to UNDERSTAND that is the HA of IEI and SEI. But you see, other types, other than LSI, can use or demonstrate Ti which points to analysis thought and understanding, for example, SEI and IEI use it with their activation function Ti; and types like EII and ESI they have Ti as a role function, though often with these two types it manifests in over analysis and over emphasis they do think about things. The types that don't turn things in their head a few dozen times are LSE as they focus on work and ESE though they are emotional and reactive they seek someone to put thought behind what they see happening as they are dynamic types who just react on what they see happening.
    -

TIM
    ESI 684
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say LSI is highly unlikely for you. Yes you seek to UNDERSTAND that is the HA of IEI and SEI. But you see, other types, other than LSI, can use or demonstrate Ti which points to analysis thought and understanding, for example, SEI and IEI use it with their activation function Ti; and types like EII and ESI they have Ti as a role function, though often with these two types it manifests in over analysis and over emphasis they do think about things. The types that don't turn things in their head a few dozen times are LSE as they focus on work and ESE though they are emotional and reactive they seek someone to put thought behind what they see happening as they are dynamic types who just react on what they see happening.
    Ooooh what have I written! Ooops! I meant SLI as in Gabin. Or SLI as in nVidia. Crap.

edit: two missed letters in one day. To what is a world coming down to.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

This is my article on MBTI

Socionics is not MBTI

Socionics is not an adjunct to the MBTI, nor are its findings synonymous, even though both systems result in 16 separate personality type designations.

The following research on the MBTI will show you that this test is an unreliable measure of personality type:

http://www.indiana.edu/~jobtalk/Arti...velop/mbti.pdf

MBTI measures personality with a written test consisting of yes or no questions, in which the test taker answers according to their agreement or disagreement with the declarative statement meant to indicate the personality. The problem with this test is that it relies upon numerous questions that are no way indicative of personality.

An example of one of these questions "You are usually the first to react to a sudden event:
    the telephone ringing or unexpected question" (http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp) is used to relate with extraversion. A person may be in an especially "excited" and in an energetic mood in a given moment which would cause them to react faster; that is not a measure of extraverted typical attitude, as indicated by Carl Jung's Psychological Types; not everybody's behavior is the same at any given moment and Carl Jung was very specific in mentioning that in his work.

In addition, the MBTI separates personality types in a way that results in types which are inconsistent with the actual differentiation of human psychological patterns. Human psychological patterns are not divided along the lines of eight dichotomies of E/I, S/N, T/F, and J/P. Socionics measures the dichotomies together; they are measured in tandem, as they should be, for instance, Extraverted Thinking (Te).

Furthermore, Socionics has a Visual Identification component, which identifies types not by the test taker's choice of answers, or by the test taker's particular preference for personality orientation, but simply by the configuration of the test subject's physical features. One can only assume that a test taker is answering the questions in a manner consistent with their actual emotions and thoughts, and that those answers are not being adversely affected by unique circumstances influencing the test taker's mood at the time of the test. But, even with all the makeup and hair pieces money can buy, looks fundamentally do not lie. The basic structure of the face and the orientation of the spinal column to the skull, which are key factors in accurate Visual Identification, can not be altered short of expensive and painful surgery.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I have to reread Jungs work on conscious and subconscious. Didn't he say that Process functions are not conscious? I may be totally wrong.
    -

TIM
    ESI 684
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is my article on MBTI

Socionics is not MBTI

Socionics is not an adjunct to the MBTI, nor are its findings synonymous, even though both systems result in 16 separate personality type designations.

The following research on the MBTI will show you that this test is an unreliable measure of personality type:

http://www.indiana.edu/~jobtalk/Arti...velop/mbti.pdf

MBTI measures personality with a written test consisting of yes or no questions, in which the test taker answers according to their agreement or disagreement with the declarative statement meant to indicate the personality. The problem with this test is that it relies upon numerous questions that are no way indicative of personality.

An example of one of these questions "You are usually the first to react to a sudden event:
    the telephone ringing or unexpected question" (http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp) is used to relate with extraversion. A person may be in an especially "excited" and in an energetic mood in a given moment which would cause them to react faster; that is not a measure of extraverted typical attitude, as indicated by Carl Jung's Psychological Types; not everybody's behavior is the same at any given moment and Carl Jung was very specific in mentioning that in his work.

In addition, the MBTI separates personality types in a way that results in types which are inconsistent with the actual differentiation of human psychological patterns. Human psychological patterns are not divided along the lines of eight dichotomies of E/I, S/N, T/F, and J/P. Socionics measures the dichotomies together; they are measured in tandem, as they should be, for instance, Extraverted Thinking (Te).

Furthermore, Socionics has a Visual Identification component, which identifies types not by the test taker's choice of answers, or by the test taker's particular preference for personality orientation, but simply by the configuration of the test subject's physical features. One can only assume that a test taker is answering the questions in a manner consistent with their actual emotions and thoughts, and that those answers are not being adversely affected by unique circumstances influencing the test taker's mood at the time of the test. But, even with all the makeup and hair pieces money can buy, looks fundamentally do not lie. The basic structure of the face and the orientation of the spinal column to the skull, which are key factors in accurate Visual Identification, can not be altered short of expensive and painful surgery.
    Then the answer is within your reach. You have the vid do you not?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Then the answer is within your reach. You have the vid do you not?
    I'll pm it to you
    -

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

You can actually do more than one thing at a time if the tasks are automatized meaning no longer needing to be under conscious control.
    No doubt! I breathe, walk, talk, see and hear, simultaneously, all the time.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    ESI 684
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    No doubt! I breathe, walk, talk, see and hear, simultaneously, all the time.
    But can you watch two movies/football matches/etc at the same time and remember both? Hell, remember anything in specific about either?

So, if anyone has anything more to say, speak! Otherwise, I'll close it with an SLI result(+an explanation why).

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Yeah, de facto example activity would be nice .
    Information processing does not translate 1:1 to specific activities so I don't want to give examples. You need to understand the IE definitions and I recommend Jung for that really.. then you should be able to observe yourself along those.

I have to reread Jungs work on conscious and subconscious. Didn't he say that Process functions are not conscious? I may be totally wrong.
    What do you mean by "Process functions"?

But can you watch two movies/football matches/etc at the same time and remember both? Hell, remember anything in specific about either?

So, if anyone has anything more to say, speak! Otherwise, I'll close it with an SLI result(+an explanation why).
    The point was about automatized tasks. Watching a movie will always require conscious attention. Though apparently some people are able to do just what you are asking about...

How did you pick SLI?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast