Thread: enneagram - IM elements (another possible correlation table)

Default enneagram - IM elements (another possible correlation table)

enneagram 1 extroverted thinking ESTj, ENTj
    enneagram 2 extroverted feeling ESFj, ENFj
    enneagram 3 extroverted sensing ESFp, ESTp
    enneagram 4 introverted intuition INFp, INTp
    enneagram 5 introverted thinking ISTj, INTj
    enneagram 6 introverted sensing ISFp, ISTp
    enneagram 7 extroverted intuition ENTp, ENFp
    enneagram 8 extroverted thinking ESTj, ENTj
    enneagram 9 introverted feeling INFj, ISFj

any opinions?

I put Te for both type 1 and type 8, because I think Te can be used both altruistically (as in enneagram 1) and selfishly, for the sake of one's personal survival and expansion (as in enneagram 8). I think ExTjs' motivations fluctuate between both.

and looking at the enneagram symbol:

enneagram.jpg
    type 6, which I put as Si dom here, would integrate to type 9 and degrade to type 3. Si doms have Se observing, so under stress, they're likely to act out an Se dom's behavior and be competitive, goal oriented and image focused. Type 6's integration to 9 would mean shifting perspective from physical connections (Si) to implied emotional connections (Fi)

Type 3 would degrade to type 9, where they lose motivation and become somewhat apathetic, which is indeed what seems to happen to ESxp's under stress.

type 2 would degrade to the energetically expanding, lustful type 8, which seems to happen with ENFjs or ESFjs under stress. especially enfjs. integrating to type 4 (Ni) would mean that they become more emotionally balanced and real. an ENFj with creative Ni would likely "integrate" much sooner or perhaps more consciously than a ESFj

ENFp as type 7 would degrade to Type 1 (Te) and elevate to type 5 (Ti). ENTps would have the same pattern, except with creative Ti, far more likely to integrate than degrade ?

demonstrative Fi in ISFps would probably mean an easier integration to type 9, compared to ISTps, who would fall into habits more easily

Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see threads like this every few months or so, and my response remains the same every time.

Enneagram and Socionics are two very different systems that look at entirely different aspects of the human condition. While passing correlations can be drawn pretty easily, there are very few connections between any enneatype and socionics IE, and certainly no convenient 1-to-1 synergies that you're putting out there.
    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl

http://forum.socionix.com/
    It's pretty cool

TIM
    LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And Ti always gets lumped with 5 and Ne gets lumped with 7! Gah, be original!
    Warm Regards,

Clowns & Entropy

TIM
    SEER ~ 458 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)

Someone recently explained to me that enneagram is not exactly a type but fixations we develop in early childhood. I can see how cognitive function preferences will process some information and may disregard other types of information. That could be a reason some types will fixate on some things more than others.

"When I ought to be thinking of heaven he will nail me to earth"

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    I see threads like this every few months or so, and my response remains the same every time.

Enneagram and Socionics are two very different systems that look at entirely different aspects of the human condition. While passing correlations can be drawn pretty easily, there are very few connections between any enneatype and socionics IE, and certainly no convenient 1-to-1 synergies that you're putting out there.

yeah you're probably right, but still i find it interesting to try!