Thread: INTj's personality is one of disorder?!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default INTj's personality is one of disorder?!

No of course not.

However, with the article "The Complexities of the Analyst (INTj uncovered)" in mind;
    http://forum.socionix.com/info/artic...theanalyst.htm

isn't there more to be uncovered?
    The last words simply conclude:
    "In conclusion, the Analyst's personality is one of disorder behind his remote, detached mask."

I don't accept it. Not fair.

Being that INTj myself, I realize the/a complexity but wouldn't feel very proud to show such a description of myself to anyone.

Yes there has to be a more fair depiction, which also focuses at good points within these complexities. How and when they actually become beneficial, and needed in the society.
    Last edited by silke; 09-03-2013 at 10:05 AM. Reason: fixed link

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I'm not mistaken it was written by a forum member who was suffering from depression. It's not legitimate.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was that quote itself directly from the forum member? I'm pretty sure I've seen that quote in INTj descriptions before...and I agree, not really accurate.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The said article was written by Tanzhe. If I recall correctly, he had suffered from depression just before, or during, writing the article, but you'd have to check his posts on that.

Another point that I'd like to raise is that I think that you have mis-read the article. When I look at the quote ("In conclusion, the Analyst’s personality is one of disorder behind his remote, detached mask."), I interpret it to mean that an INTj keeps self-controlled but, behind that control, has a turbulent interior. I don't interpret it to mean that an INTj personality is indicative of a disorder. Remember, other definitions of "disorder" include "chaos", "confusion" and "disarray".

Finally, the link that you posted states that Tanzhe was an INTx type, thus he may have actually been an INTp rendering the article somewhat invalid. For further discussion I would recommend you check out the Articles Section of these forums where there is a post about Tanzhe's uncovered.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I interpret it to mean that an INTj keeps self-controlled but, behind that control, has a turbulent interior.
    Technically, that's an INTp trait. INTjs have an agitated outside appearance, but their internal world is under control. At least according to the Russians.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, I think the Russians stated that the IJs look both calm on the outside AND on the inside, wheras IPs look calm on the outside but suffer from inner turmoil on the inside.