Thread: enneagram type

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default enneagram type

i'm sure about my socionics type (IEI) and stacking (so/sx), however, the enneagram system somehow remains a mystery to me. i decided at the moment that 4w5 so/sx could be a possibility (with slight discomfort about it), because nothing else makes really sense either. but then i read descriptions like this, and i'm like .. well, maybe?

They want to contribute something new and passionate to society, but feel like too much of a social nonentity to do it. They may view themselves as 4ish due to issues around uniqueness, but these issues only arise because of how aware they are that others possess a sense of self, which only reinforces the 9's sense of nothingness....Since they know they lack a strong self, they lack hope about contributing something original. They resolve the quagmire either by spinning their wheels with fruitless and endless self-examination hoping to discover something deep about themselves or by conforming to various personalities and completely checking out. They are dispassionate in general but can seem more passionate, sad, or lively because they comply to a Oneish social instinct in the back of their head telling them how they should react and what's appropriate. They know underneath how internally unaffected they are. They are taken back by the possibilities of things they could imagine happening without stirring a real reaction in them and find it disturbing to think about how they could merge into anything... They can seem 7-like in their draw to books, people, beliefs, and adventures, but they are drawn to these outlets in hopes of receiving a sense of perspective and self. They have a nose for unconscious structures and may create a new language around patterns, themes, or archetypes in myths, traditions, history, and groups. They are easy to mistype because they can seem to run fully on the 'software" or agendas of different types. They may search for approval and validation like a 3, but reject the approval once they get it as if wondering why they would be worthy of admiration or attention in the first place. It's the 'agenda' 'software' itself they are addicted to, not the result.

it doesn't help that most so/sx descriptions of the different enneagram types sometimes are a bit vague (concerning type 4 and 5, for example) and my understanding of enneagram is very fuzzy anyway.

i would be grateful if someone with a more in-depth understanding of enneagram types and maybe some experience with different forms of IEI so/sx could help me out a bit ..

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(also i'm wondering about my socionics subtype ... but that's probably a different matter)

TIM
    IEI 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly Enneagram is very moldable to me in comparison with Socionics. In my mind my enneagram type is generally always a 4 but the wings are pretty balanced and can switch depending on the day/my attitude. My advice is to try to figure out one main type for yourself and try not to worry about the wings, just attempt to see if you can easily appear as either wing. For instance, at heart I am a 4 but I can look like a 5 or a 3. The main type is the important part though.