TIM
    α-ω
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ashes, dildo & "Rest in Peace"

The jokes write themselves.

You can put your loved one's ashes in a glass dildo and do dildo stuff with it.

Designer Mark Sturkenboom came up with the idea as a way to remember our departed loves by shoving them all up in there.

So much for "Rest in Peace."

How many times have you looked at the urn on your mantlepiece and thought, "Ho hum?" If you're like most bereaved people, the answer is thousands. Sure, memorials like urns and wreaths are traditional, but they don't capture any of the personal spark of the person you've lost. They don't contain their scent, their essence, or their sexuality. And you can't have sex with them. But that's all about to change.

Dutch designer Mark Sturkenboom's 21 Grams project is an all-in-one kit, intended to help widows remember intimate moments with their lost husbands (although it could certainly be used by LGBT individuals as well). A gold-plated brass key you wear around your neck opens a beautiful white box, containing mementos of your loved one.

The key is symbolic.

See what I mean?

Inside the box, a scent diffuser can spray some of your lover's favorite fragrance. A small tray in the bottom can contain a handkerchief or other personal item (also good for cleaning up). It even has a slot for your iPhone, so you can play "your song" while you enjoy the pièce de resistance:

Even death won't keep you apart.

This hand-blown glass dildo contains a small gold-plated urn, which can hold up to 21 grams of your beloved's ashes. Sturkenboom chose the 21-gram capacity deliberately, inspired by early 20th century experiments which suggested that bodies lose 21 grams at the moment of death. The idea was that those 21 grams were the weight of a soul. Those experiments have largely been discredited, but you know what hasn't been discredited? The fact that this dildo is HOT.

Sturkenboom got the idea by striking up a friendship with a widow. He told Dezeen:

"I sometimes help an elderly lady with her groceries and she has an urn standing near the window with the remains of her husband. She always speaks with so much love about him but the jar he was in didn't reflect that at all."

I'm not sure if Sturkenboom intends to give that widow one of his boxes, but if he does, I bet he won't be helping her with her groceries anymore. She'll either be too horrified to want to see him again, or too busy having great sex with 21 grams of pure hot ashy husband.

Every box is handmade to order, and can be personalized. But really, it's a labor of love for Sturkenboom. He told Dezeen why it's so important to him:

"I tried to open a new window for the way we reminisce about someone and find a dialogue for these feelings people are struggling with when somebody passes. We live in a time where we are able to manipulate life, adjust the way that we look, where the possibilities are endless if it comes to body enhancements, but there is one thing we still cannot answer, the unavoidable passing of life. But I can sure try."

Source >>
    "The spirit of resistance to government
    is so valuable on certain occasions,
    that I wish it to be always kept alive.
    It will often be exercised when wrong
    but better so than not to be exercised at all.
    I like a little rebellion now and then.
    It is like a storm in the atmosphere."
    Thomas Jefferson

TIM
    α-ω
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    Great. It relieves me to know that when my future husband dies, I can have his penis cremated and placed in a dildo.
    This has really bad thoughts going thru my head.

Anyway, I don't see too many women buying this, unless their husband was a real dick. Then you get this and put it right out on the mantle.
    "The spirit of resistance to government
    is so valuable on certain occasions,
    that I wish it to be always kept alive.
    It will often be exercised when wrong
    but better so than not to be exercised at all.
    I like a little rebellion now and then.
    It is like a storm in the atmosphere."
    Thomas Jefferson