LII 5w6 593
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Member Questionnaire (Irime)

Member Questionnaire 1 (Irime)
    What is beauty? What is love?
    Beauty is something that causes positive aesthetic feelings, something that people like to look at. There are various qualities that we can judge in terms of beauty, even non-physical traits. Beauty can be perceived totally different by various people.
    Love is a feeling of adoration and attraction to another person or thing.
    What are your most important values?
    Acceptance, intelligence, curiosity, reliability, honesty…
    Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
    No. I was raised Roman Catholic, but found this religion conflicting with my views. I got to know superficially few other religious systems, but decided that I don’t need to believe in anything to fulfill my life. I also think that many religion followers are manipulated and feed by dogmas which kill curiosity and intellectual development and stop them to search for and form their own views.
    Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
    Power is something that when we have it, there is never enough. That is why there are wars – because few people tasted the power and want more. War has some benefits – it decreases overpopulation and competition between fighting sides makes technology progress.
    What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
    I could talk about anything that I’m interested in at the moment, especially about science and literature. Why? Because I find it interesting, duh. On the other hand, conversations about sports, celebrities, business, people and what they do and how fare bore me to death.
    Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
    Sometimes. I try to focus on my body, live healthy but it not always works because of lack of motivation.
    What do you think of daily chores?
    Don’t like it, but sometimes it’s necessary. Especially I hate it when I have to clean up after someone else. I’m all like ‘LOL, nope, you made mess, you will clean’.
    Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
    I don’t watch films often, but I like action, abstract humor and interesting/unusual concepts and views. When I was little I liked horrors – they were funny. I like criminals, fantasy and science fiction books. Now I’m reading Earthsea series and I enjoy it.
    What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
    I rarely cry, only when something goes wrong in my life and I don’t know how to fix it. I smile when I have fun and when someone do something nice to me.
    Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
    At home/alone, with friends and people who like me, in places where I can apply my knowledge.
    What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
    People always say that I’m shy. I’m socially awkward and I may appear insecure in many social situations and confrontations.
    What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
    People often say that I’m intelligent. I can easily learn new things, I’m calm and non-confrontational, I have rich imagination.
    In what areas of your life would you like help?
    Cook for me? I’m terrible at it, today I burned my dinner.
    Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
    Yes, it happens sometimes when I feel that direction of my life is pointless and I’m going to achieve nothing which I intended if I don’t change something. And instead of making change I sit and do nothing productive.
    What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
    I dislike insincere and intolerant people, people who think that they can use me (and others) to get what they want. I like people who accept me the way I am, don’t mind my few quirks and if they DO mind they tell me about it openly, not mocking aside.
    How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?
    I’m inexperienced in romantic relationships, because I never know if person is interested in me in that way, and if (s)he would be, then why – I have plenty flaws. But that relationship and also sex could be fun if I’d have suitable partner, which I can trust.
    If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
    I would like to develop in my child love for gaining knowledge, respect and tolerance for others, find their individual interests. I would warn him/her of environments, etc. which (s)he should avoid.
    I would read some psychology books, analyze errors made by my parents and other people who raised children.
    A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
    I would try to understand why he thinks that way. If I decide that he has sensible reasons, I’m okay with it. If not, let’s debate!
    Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
    I often feel like an outcast unsuccessfully trying to fit. I think everyone has his own concerns and must use society to deal with them. But society also products problems, making simple things difficult. I think that basic problem of people is nonconformity. There is one model how to live and when someone differs from it, he encounters many difficulties.
    How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
    I don’t choose friends, they chose me. I like them so I accept their presence, spend free time with them. Around my friends I’m less serious, more self-confident and less secretive about myself.
    How do you behave around strangers?
    Stiff and reserved, I exchange courtesy if I must. Don’t talk much, only about impersonal matters. Don’t initiate contact unless necessary.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Congratulations on passing your LII inspection.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Welcome to "positive esthetic feelings"
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Welcome to "positive esthetic feelings"
    So you still think I'm SLI?

I'm still waiting for your reasoning why.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chips and underwear View Post
    So you still think I'm SLI?

I'm still waiting for your reasoning why.
    YES

I think you mistake the ability to analyze and be goofy as being Ti with merry

SLI are just as capable of introspection and analysis paralysis as they can often look like either LII and LSI.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

YES

I think you mistake the ability to analyze and be goofy as being Ti with merry

SLI are just as capable of introspection and analysis paralysis as they can often look like either LII and LSI.
    So where are you seeing in me? Why do you think I'm more delta than alpha?

TIM
    IEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulations on passing your LII inspection.
    I agree with chips,

Holographic-Panoramic cognitive style + Extroverted ethics seeking + a somewhat unconscious hidden agenda of to be healthy

LII with the 'big picture' Ne preference + 'on the other hand'

LII-Ne

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

So where are you seeing in me? Why do you think I'm more delta than alpha?
    I see your lack of Fe valuing and values. I have a few questions. Let's say you plan to go out with friends, but a bf calls you up and asks you to go to the movies, how do you react?

You're not nearly as turbulent in your emotions to qualify for LII. Sorry.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 05-25-2015 at 03:57 PM.
    -

TIM
    LII 5w6 593
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    I agree with chips,

Holographic-Panoramic cognitive style + Extroverted ethics seeking + a somewhat unconscious hidden agenda of to be healthy

LII with the 'big picture' Ne preference + 'on the other hand'

LII-Ne
    Generally I type myself as LII (I'm for 83% sure about it ) but sometimes I'm not certain of my type and try if something else fits better (it never fits better and I come back to LII). I think Ne and holographic cognitive style are to blame for it.
    I tried Reinin dichotomies - never worked for me, I couldn't make clear choices. I think the problem is with too close view - if I could watch myself and my actions from outside, without access to my mind, maybe it would be more clear.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I see your lack of Fe valuing and values. I have a few questions. Let's say you plan to go out with friends, but a bf calls you up and asks you to go to the movies, how do you react?

You're not nearly as turbulent in your emotions to qualify for LII. Sorry.
    How I react would largely depend on the context of the situation. If I had made these plans with my friends a long time ago and/or they were important to me, I'd be likely to stick with them and explain to my bf that we could go to the movies some other night. Ideally I would like a bf that would allow me some space and some time to spend with other friends.

If I didn't really have any plans 'set in stone' with my friends, I'd probably go out with my bf because that relationship would be the more important one to me. All things being equal.

Why do you think LIIs would be more turbulent in their emotions than SLI?

I think I'm more emotionally turbulent on the inside, more calm on the outside. This could be enneagram 9 related too.

Quote Originally Posted by Irime View Post
    Generally I type myself as LII (I'm for 83% sure about it ) but sometimes I'm not certain of my type and try if something else fits better (it never fits better and I come back to LII). I think Ne and holographic cognitive style are to blame for it.
    I tried Reinin dichotomies - never worked for me, I couldn't make clear choices. I think the problem is with too close view - if I could watch myself and my actions from outside, without access to my mind, maybe it would be more clear.
    I can definitely see holographic cognitive style for you. Ne too. I don't really type people on cognitive styles- I'm not sure it's a well accepted theory among socionists. It is interesting to think about though, and I have a radar that likes to detect H-P style. They are my thinking mates.

I have the same problem on most of the Reinin dichotomies. The theory behind it is fuzzy at best. The ones defining the quadra values make some sense: Merry/Serious, Judicious/Decisive. Possibly static/dynamic as well, it helps define temperament. Beyond that, I'm not sure how useful any of them are.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Irrational subtype of LII ...

Si is not super-weak ... but that avatar is a homage to the Alpha > Delta humor

not sensing overly grating so/sp ... so weird to see someone self-types this stack lol

TIM
    LII 5w6 593
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Amber View Post
    not sensing overly grating so/sp ... so weird to see someone self-types this stack lol
    I've never dwelled much on instinct variants, but after your post I did little research and I think you're right - I can't be so first. I focus on social matters, but rather in a way "me vs society". I think now I have so last... but I'm still not sure if I'm sp/sx or sx/sp. I've never focused much on my relations with family and close friends. On the other side, I think that my sp is somewhat subdued - for example I turned down opportunity for stable but boring job to study something that interests me since I learned to read, but gives me little chance to have stable and well paid job in future.

So I'm LII Ne, but what about DCNH subtypes? I type myself as Creative - contact, initial, ignoring.