Thread: I want people to watch this, then tell me we're not a collectivist species and/or an insectoid-light form of ape

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I want people to watch this, then tell me we're not a collectivist species and/or an insectoid-lite form of ape

So much for Mrs. Thatcher. lolol at there being no such thing as "society."
    Last edited by xerx; 05-16-2015 at 04:28 AM.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A man chooses, a slave obeys MensSuperMateriam's Avatar
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yuri_red_alert.jpg

The Hive "Queen"

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerx View Post

So much for Mrs. Thatcher. lolol at there being no such thing as "society."
    we're not a collectivist species and/or an insectoid-lite form of ape

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oooo I love watching those marches, it looks awesome but what is the point of marching anymore in todays military? It serves no purpose.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

when they're getting paid, humanity takes whatever form you want them to

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

There are other versions of collectivism.

I think there can be asymmetry of collectivism and individualism in life, it doesn't have to be all one way or another all the time. It can be erratic mostly, random and only structured and organized in times of need or celebration.

It doesn't have to be purely external or internal either. The soliders marching enforces a external and internal collectivism, but who's to know if all the solders really buy what they're doing.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I was up really late last night (actually up until 7 am or so) and feel foggy today. I didn't watch the video yet but I will when I am awake. To me the title clearly read "I want to people watch". I read it that way twice before clicking. I have morning dyslexia.

So, I thought cool since I woke up from a dream where I was making a thread about chatbox and there was a poll about the top ten shouters that changed once a month. In the poll the question was whether or not the person in the top ten was an asking or declaring type. Anyway, I need to wake up from this fog. I feel like I have a drug hangover from an antihistimine.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    oooo I love watching those marches, it looks awesome but what is the point of marching anymore in todays military? It serves no purpose.
    Yeah marching choreography is pretty cool to watch. I wonder if it is harder for some people to be able to get or stay in synch with the movements of everyone around them. I never wanted to do those kinds of stiff movements as a child because I wanted to be more fluid with my body,

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 7576 View Post
    The best a dog can be is a good dog, surely not a wolf; but a wolf can behave like a dog; likewise, even when the majority of our species chooses to join la rebelión de las masas, the existence of even one great mind or saint is enough to prove that the massification of the individual is but a possibility of underdevelopment (or, better, under-expression) of human nature, not a consequence of the human nature itself, and we've had — and still have — our share of great and holy men; more than that: the possibility of becoming like them is still given, to each one of us — and if that's too much optimism, then I can say everyone at least has the choice of not decaying too much, something which, during our times, is by itself a form of greatness: ¡Qué difícil es cuando todo baja no bajar también!
    wolf - lion/bird of prey/bold beast (Nietzsche), huh?
    +1 for IEI.

Your great men are delusional. Human is inherently societal/cultural being.
    There are only 3 options:
    1. Be a conscious part of bigger system exercising your limited control/will over it.
    2. Be unconscious part of the system.
    3. Die.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerx View Post
    No it's not. What I said was that state control is collectivist, not that collectivism is state control.
    Get your panties out a bunch none of this matters and if you say it does then how

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Delusional? Only if you think that it's abnormal to be sane when everyone else is crazy. Life is restricted to your three options only when it is deprived of all that which vivifies it; when a human being is but a thing and humanity a mad house, then, yes, indeed, you're so correct; above your closed system there is much more, and those capable of see it would, ironically, believe those who don't to actually be the delusional ones: the blind say: "It's but madness to believe in anything but the darkness: look around, what do you see? Nothing!".
    Ohh, they see. People see all kind of things. Some of them are illusions. Some of them are not, but the people are unable to interpret them in to reasonable, non ignorant world views. Proclaiming that they see is for idiots, mystics and motivational speakers not philosophers/ intelligent discussion.
    You are apparently disagreeing with me. How am I wrong exactly?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let me sum it all up: your "only 3 options" are limited; if that's your vision of the world, that's limited, and that surely doesn't cover human possibilities. That's it.
    Giving an example would prove your point wouldn't it?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Krishna? Buddha? Moses? Jesus? Muhammad?

You can go to another level: Gandhi, Mother Theresa...

Maybe you want a philosopher? St. Thomas Aquinas is well-known in the West; he wasn't an idiot, or a mysticoid, or a motivational speaker, but he wouldn't agree with your "three only possibilities for human existence", and of course his life and his knowledge were based on principles and potentialities that must men can't "see", and which existence others doubt.

Or you can go with Al-Ghazali, Ibn-'Arabi...
    Giving an option for human being my 3 options do not cover. Not appeals to authority.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't appeal to their authority, but to your ability to think by analogies; look at their lives and see if you can conform them to "Esaman's three options"; you can't even understand their lives without referring to spirituality, which is outside and above your closed system.

Unless, of course, you reduce them to what they're not.
    Which of them was not in the business of telling people how to treat each other - be together - work together, directing societal interaction in context of their worldview. World being larger closed interconnected system. So trying their best for number one in my list.

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Krishna? Buddha? Moses? Jesus? Muhammad?

You can go to another level: Gandhi, Mother Theresa...

Maybe you want a philosopher? St. Thomas Aquinas is well-known in the West; he wasn't an idiot, or a mysticoid, or a motivational speaker, but he wouldn't agree with your "three only possibilities for human existence", and of course his life and his knowledge were based on principles and potentialities that must men can't "see", and which existence others doubt.

Or you can go with Al-Ghazali, Ibn-'Arabi...
    tooth fairy? santa claus? easter bunny?

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The Chinese have very different ideas about the role of the individual in society, as the cell to the organism.
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmers View Post
    The Chinese have very different ideas about the role of the individual in society, as the cell to the organism.
    Tell me more. I only know "ni hao ma".

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

from "the word exists, deal with it" to "the world exist, it's the end of all your efforts" there's a great distance,
    I guess the second(?) one is yours interpretation of moral/emotional reaction to facts I claimed. As apposed to arguing against factuality of the claims.

Does not matter (to me), because:

suppose he was just a man, exposing ideas of his own, and in this case what you say would apply, but...
    So I am supposed to suppose otherwise?... Kill4Me's comment was more on point than I thought.

I guess I tried to get milk from a bull. Very sorry.
    Last edited by Esaman; 05-17-2015 at 08:54 AM.

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You must be kidding; from "the word exists, deal with it" to "the world exist, it's the end of all your efforts" there's a great distance, and no religious leader, or prophet, has forgotten that; everything they taught took the mundane as an accidental aspect of the road to the actual end, which was not of this world; you can take Jesus words, for instance, and suppose he was just a man, exposing ideas of his own, and in this case what you say would apply, but he would have lost just that which makes him the Christ, i.e., the divine perspective, the fact of have been serving God and expressing His will.

From the incredible heights his soul inhabits comes mighty myth buster Kill4Me; I'm honored. What can I say against such arguments? So bright, so lofty! And, of course, so informative! Gandhi, Mother Theresa, Krishna, Buddha, Moses, Jesus, Muhammad, Al-Ghazali, Ibn-'Arabi... The books of History got all that so wrong, because here I have Kill4Me, the Wise, putting all of them on the same existential level of a Santa Claus! Or... Or, perhaps, should I take by that that Tooth Fairy, Santa Claus, Easter Bunny are real? Yes, what got into my head? Kill4Me, The Words Artifice, using sarcasm? No, that's too base for him. He must, therefore, be telling me those characters exist. Oh, is that it, o great sage? Do further enlighten me. In Santa Claus and what else must I believe because you told me so? Who am I to deny the authority of one of the Internet Sages or whatever. Why didn't you appear before, to make us rejoice, to make our life full of meaning, by helping us eliminate the lizards of the brain? O you, Robespierre of the Knowledge etc.
    you like that don't you. i stored up some goodies over the winter after more of you jesus zealots started finding this place. leave it to you to claim the bible is a book of history....sorry but you're not on the existential level of santa claus. you're on the existential level of being inside a small church in mississippi with few teeth left and inbred blood lines....might as well as start making the bible mandatory reading in all the schools across the country too so these kids grow up with a true sense of history. then christians wonder why i tossed a bible off a hotel balcony once. apparently it landed on 7576's head and he's never been the same since.

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

No.
    my bad about that bible dropping on your noggin, eliza jr. i had no idea you were lounging by the pool, getting your tan on. its like when they dropped Jack into the chemical vat and he came out the Joker. Now you're onto the world wide web a modern day saul. Better dial 1-900-Jesus. No answer. 1-900-Muhammad. No answer. 1-900-Thomas-Acquinas. Thomas answers. Simon says Jump. 7576 says how high. Thomas says, you're as mad as a hatter.

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well, countries like mine don't seem to produce smart-asses like you, so I suppose you don't live some place devastated, or under a dictatorship or anything like that, right? I really don't think you'd find me on the kind of hotel you're used to check in — I did know a hotel that had a pool, but never slept there, though —, so you must be mistaking me for someone else. Like someone who is affected by your level of stupidity and, judging by the geniality of your answer, takes you for more than a spoiled kid. That's not the case, and I have more respect for my time than spending it here, exchanging pleasantries with an idiot. Keep bragging to yourself, if you want, and pretending you're hurting me or something; I'm outta here.
    Oh its not going to be that easy, young eliza. i've been waiting for a new nutty buddy to come along. you've even inspired me to develop a toy called the nutty buddy. It's for little spoiled kids like myself that need to be reeducated in the art of nuttiness. Can't wait to drag you onto Shark Tank to showcase this new invention of mine. the nutty buddy will be molded out of your features with a string on the back. and every time you pull back the string the nutty buddy says things like "the bible is a book of history". I'm going to market it to all the inbred, single-toothed jesus-lovin' hillbillies down in mississippi. Figure to make a killin' at their next annual redneck olympics. I'm gonna do commercials to, with your theme song, 'nutty buddy....he's the one....he makes being nutty...oh so fun....'.