TIM
    SEER ~ 458 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)

Default Robinson-Shur Type Indicator

Career assessment

I answered the questions based on my past behavior, in a professional atmosphere, but not on my usual day to day decisions and interactions. I was close on thinking/feeling and judging/perceiving. I can adjust myself to the situation so this would describe me pretty well while I was in tech school. In tech school I was asked to instruct some of the other students who were struggling. I took it pretty serious at the time but I would NOT want to do it on an ongoing basis since it is kind of stressful and I could see my patience wearing thin over time.

The Robinson-Shur Type Assessment (RSTA) suggests that your 4 letter personality type is:

All About the INTJ Personality Type

Merlin the Magician
    Magician, Sage, Visionary

General Colin Powell
    Secretary of State
    Description of INTJs
    INTJ's are known as the "Strategist" amongst the 16 types because of their uncanny ability to visualize the future.
    Of all 16 types, INTJ's make the best planners and strategists. They can see many moves ahead. They naturally create contingency plans.
    INTJ's are hard to get to know and may appear cold until they have time to relate to you.
    INTJ's are natural leaders, however they frequently prefer to avoid the spotlight and work in the background.
    INTJ's make excellent number 2's in organizations, leaving the top position for the more extraverted types.
    What really stands out about INTJ's is their strong self confidence, which to many will look like arrogance.
    They have a tendency toward being perfectionists.
    Of all 16 types, INTJ's tend to do the best in school and in particular higher education. In many cases they created the curriculum, tests, and the exams.
    INTJ's make up only 2% of the population, making them relatively rare.
    INTJ's are Introverted, reserved, logical, objective and intellectual.

INTJs prefer careers where:

• Management allows people to be self directed

• There are several opportunities to demonstrate competence

• The culture appreciates fair but tough decision making

• The work offers plenty of opportunities to make decisions

• You are able to maintain control over your projects

• You can apply your natural ability to focus and concentrate, rather than multitasking

• The environment, culture and pace allow you to consider things fully before having to respond

• The work allows you to work at a careful steady pace

• The work involves theory and speculation

• The work allows you adequate private time to work alone and to concentrate

• The work involves creativity, imagination and a creative approach to problem solving

• The work involves looking beyond the present i.e. future possibilities, future products, future actions

• The work is not limited to what exists today but involves "what may be" and "what could be"

• The work allows you to utilize your natural ability to analyze and make objective, logical decisions

• The work allows you to utilize your natural ability to provide others with direction and supervision

• The environment is more structured and disciplined, being on time and following procedure is considered important

What's It Like To Be an "INTJ"

A Self-Portrait Personality Type Description for INTJs**

By Linda V. Berens Ph.D. and Dario Nardi Ph.D.

Personality Type: INTJ - Conceptualizer Director
    Temperament: Theorist (NT)
    Interaction Style*: Chart-the-Course
    Likely Social Style: Analytic
    I often feel I am missing something, that I have a perspective or viewpoint that isn’t widely shared and that I am decades ahead of my time, maybe more. It’s like being caught in a time warp.
    I tend to be someone who looks at all the what-ifs, thinking way ahead with a vision of things and anticipating. I’m always interested in extending myself into areas I don’t do well in. I’m a good problem solver from that perspective. I like to go through anything I can think of before I act—the implications, what others have tried before and their effect, my options and their consequences, who to mobilize and in what time frame. I like coming up with new ideas about how to approach a situation until I find a solution that feels right. And I like to think that solution will be something that works for everyone. I experience problems as challenges, not as things that can’t be dealt with or accomplished. Challenges can always be dealt with.
    Self-Portrait
    Personality Type Descriptions by
    Linda V. Berens, Ph.D. and
    Dario Nardi, Ph.D.**

I am naturally organized, structured, and analytical. If a project enters my mind it immediately assumes the form of its pieces, its basic structure, and what order— first, next, last—it will take to get it done. This isn’t something I do, it happens instantaneously without effort. Issues are multifaceted and I try to think from different perspectives, not only my perspectives but others’ too. And I’ve found it’s good to gather as many facts as I can. Sometimes there is a piece that needs to be thrown out, or maybe it’s the seed of another project.

I won’t do something if I feel I can’t do it well. I prefer trying something, then critique after the fact. I will integrate the experience and never make the same mistakes again. I am satisfied when things work well, and I like to improve people’s lives by reorganizing and introducing things in an understandable way that is explicit and clear and makes sense. Then someone else can come in and take over. I set very high standards for myself, and I believe it is possible to be competent at anything and everything I set my mind to.

I keep myself very private; that’s a part of who I am. I keep people at arm’s length. They have to gain my trust and interest. People are curious about me, I think, but only the brave try to figure me out. I feel very serious, but some I meet I just like a lot, and I can be spontaneously playful. I have a sensitivity to people and can feel warm with them, although many perceive me as intimidating, aloof or annoyed, or incredibly calm and competent about everything. People say I ask them good questions, not to make the decision for them, but to help them think through things. I look for systems that will make things better, and I am very much a person who seeks fairness and equality. People are very important, and I want to help them develop the skills they need to get on in life, whatever that means for each one of them.

There’s always something to occupy my mind or attention. I must be using my mind in a purposefully creative way, pushing the envelope with the most creatively challenging thing I can do, being the originator of a solution to a problem that doesn't exist yet. It’s a complex world, and I believe we each should develop as complex an inner life as possible with the facility to react or initiate in a wide variety of ways. The more successful one is at actively developing all of that and having access to that, the better things can be. If something really interests me I have an incredible ability to stick with it—even though I have a larger perspective, I can be very focused and zero in on a point. I have always seen the world at many levels.

Autonomy is important, to be respected for my own thoughts and feelings, ideas and creativity. I am turned off when people try to discredit my ideas or don’t listen before they even understand, or when people don’t try to do the best they can or fight against progress. And if the emotional piece is not well managed in my life, or not compartmentalized, work is very difficult. Chitchat is tedious. I don’t know what to say, and I figure the other person isn’t actually interested in me anyway.

Over time I have built a world-view, like constructing a map of the cosmos, and from this, essentially everything is understandable and anything is possible. All the things I’ve done, have been selftaught by picking up on or asking myself good, clear, penetrating questions to expose and articulate the hidden structures that underlie the experience of living.

This concludes "What's it like to be an INTJ,"
    A Self Portrait Personality Type Description.

How well did this fit you?
    If it did not fit, try some other self-portrait descriptions.

Edit: Took it again answering from my natural mode of expression and got INFJ. It was still close on thinking/feeling judging/perceiving.

Types that were close when you took this test: INTJ,INTP,INFP,

Extraverted (E)
    Introverted (I)
    Comments
    Score
    The difference in scores for these two preferences is very high and thus the confidence level that we have identifed the correct preference is very high.

Sensing (S)
    iNtuitive (N)
    Comments
    Score
    The difference in scores for these two preferences is very high and thus the confidence level that we have identifed the correct preference is very high.

Thinking (T)
    Feeling (F)
    Comments
    Score
    The difference in scores for these two preferences is low and thus the confidence level that we have identifed the correct preference is also low. You should take extra steps to decide on your type.

Judging (J)
    Perceiving (P)
    Comments
    Score
    The difference in scores for these two preferences is low and thus the confidence level that we have identifed the correct preference is also low. You should take extra steps to decide on your type.
    Last edited by Aylen; 05-15-2015 at 03:19 PM. Reason: added scores

"When I ought to be thinking of heaven he will nail me to earth"

Jazz, Kisses, & Cigarettes Pink's Avatar
    TIM
    Between the Lines
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The Robinson-Shur Type Assessment (RSTA) suggests that your 4 letter personality type is:
    Last edited by Pink; 05-14-2015 at 08:08 PM.

B e a u t i f u l S i l e n c e ・ 。☆・

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you need to sign up?

TIM
    SEER ~ 458 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
    Do you need to sign up?
    Yeah, but it is quick and easy. I used the email I use for spam.

"When I ought to be thinking of heaven he will nail me to earth"

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INTP

TIM
    LSI-se
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is 1 other Personality Type that is close enough that you should look at it:

We always recommend that you go through a quick "Best Fit" exercise before you decide what your personality type is.
    ipsa scientia potestas est-adaequatio intellectus et rei

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ESTJ
    We always recommend that you go through a quick "Best Fit" exercise before you decide what your personality type is.

"A Self-Portrait Personality Type Description for ESTJs**
    By Linda V. Berens Ph.D. and Dario Nardi Ph.D.
    Personality Type: ESTJ - Implementor Supervisor

Temperament: Stabilizer (SJ)
    Interaction Style*: In-Charge
    Likely Social Style: Driver
    How to read these Self Portrait Personality Type Descriptions

I like for things to be organized, and when they are not, Iím great at getting them organized.

I am very strong on work ethic and expect that from others. I cannot just sit around and do nothing for very long, especially if I have a lot to do and I donít have a plan. I am extremely organized when I work and I can work on four or five things through the course of the day. I think about what I have to do on the way to work or the way home or the night before. Itís very gratifying to work extremely hard and sacrifice in order to take care of people, and I like when people appreciate that I have given of myself for them. I feel a lot of responsibility for what goes on when I have put time and effort into something and want to see that continue
    ."

Interesting at the dichotomies at the end I selected the one which appeared more P than J

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INTJ

Extraverted (E)
    Introverted (I)
    Comments
    Score
    The difference in scores for these two preferences is very high and thus the confidence level that we have identified the correct preference is very high.

Sensing (S)
    iNtuitive (N)
    Comments
    Score
    The difference in scores for these two preferences is very high and thus the confidence level that we have identified the correct preference is very high.

Thinking (T)
    Feeling (F)
    Comments
    Score
    The difference in scores for these two preferences is high and thus the confidence level that we have identified the correct preference is also high.

Judging (J)
    Perceiving (P)
    Comments
    Score

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Your Personality Type* ISTJ
    Original Personality Type** ISTJ
    Self Selected Personality Type***
    Types that were close when you took this test: ISTJ,

Extraverted (E)
    Introverted (I)
    Comments
    Score

Sensing (S)
    iNtuitive (N)
    Comments
    Score
    The difference in scores for these two preferences is high and thus the confidence level that we have identified the correct preference is also high.

Thinking (T)
    Feeling (F)
    Comments
    Score

Judging (J)
    Perceiving (P)
    Comments
    Score

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Several of the T/F questions were very difficult for me to answer. When making a decision, do I look more at the facts/data or how it will impact myself and others? Both, equally.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INTJ

There is 1 other Personality Type that is close enough that you should look at it:
    INFJ

Name: Velvet
    Your Personality Type* INTJ
    Original Personality Type** INTJ
    Self Selected Personality Type***
    Types that were close when you took this test: INTJ,INFJ,

Extraverted (E) 30
    Introverted (I) 70

Sensing (S) 10
    iNtuitive (N) 90

Thinking (T) 60
    Feeling (F) 50

The difference in scores for these two preferences is low and thus the confidence level that we have identified the correct preference is also low. You should take extra steps to decide on your type.

Judging (J) 60
    Perceiving (P) 40