Thread: Question to INTps and ENTjs: How do you self supply Fi?

TIM
    LIE-Ni, 8w7 SX/SO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Question to INTps and ENTjs: How do you self supply Fi?

How do you self supply?

Fi = create tons of dumb drama around you? How do you do it?

In model A it says the duality-seeking function can also self supply, how does one do that?

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What is self-supply?

OP, do you mean that Fi egos/bases create drama to cause a corrective Te response?

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

There is something about color coded charts that triggers a bit of understanding in me. hahah Just a quick glance at it and I got some clarity on some things I had been thinking about for awhile. Like why does overuse of Fe in others irritate me so much and I want to shut them down. I am not Fe polr... Why were some people convinced I was Fi base when I first joined when I clearly took it way less serious than they did. Fi can be irritating too but is easier to dismiss when others use because that's just their personal feelings and not an objective truth. I have been guilty of seeing Fi as a distorted version of intuition and less reliable in assessing other people. It's very good for self assessment though.

Someone elaborating in a Ti fashion, in a long drawn out way, makes my eyes glaze over. Si can make me feel physically uncomfortable when I focus on inner sensations, for impressions, too long and I want it to stop. I need to fall back on Ni to feel comfortable again. Ne feels superficial when I use it and I don't feel like I am getting anywhere with it so even though I am aware of it, it does not feel as significant to focus on things such as possibilities. Ni is better (for me) when making connections and setting a course of exploration. It plays the biggest part in my decision making process.

Not that this is hardcore Te or anything but a colorful chart makes everything more palatable for me. A good one presents the main points without getting bogged down in useless facts that do not lead to further understanding. It allows for an intuitive application to one's own experience. Life experience has made me less touchy with Te since I was raised by an ILI.

If by self-supply you mean getting from a source other than human then I use music as a source of Se every day but I have a steady human supply as well.

I really appreciate when something is so concise. Good find (assuming you are not the creator of the chart) supervisor.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    There is something about color coded charts that triggers a bit of understanding in me. hahah Just a quick glance at it and I got some clarity on some things I had been thinking about for awhile. Like why does overuse of Fe in others irritate me so much and I want to shut them down. I am not Fe polr... Why were some people convinced I was Fi base when I first joined when I clearly took it way less serious than they did. Fi can be irritating too but is easier to dismiss when others use because that's just their personal feelings and not am objective truth. I have been guilty of seeing Fi as a distorted version of intuition and less reliable in assessing other people. It's very good for self assessment though.

Someone elaborating in a Ti fashion, in a long drawn out way, makes my eyes glaze over. Si can make me feel physically uncomfortable when I focus on inner sensations, for impressions, too long and I want it to stop. I need to fall back on Ni to feel comfortable again. Ne feels superficial when I use it and I don't feel like I am getting anywhere with it so even though I am aware of it, it does not feel as significant to focus on things such as possibilities. Ni is better (for me) when making connections and setting a course of exploration. It plays the biggest part in my decision making process.

Not that this is hardcore Te or anything but a colorful chart makes everything more palatable for me. A good one presents the main points without getting bogged down in useless facts that do not lead to further understanding. It allows for an intuitive application to one's own experience. Life experience has made me less touchy with Te since I was raised by an ILI.

If by self-supply you mean getting from a source other than human then I use music as a source of Se every day but I have a steady human supply as well.

I really appreciate when something is so concise. Good find (assuming you are not the creator of the chart) supervisor.
    Interesting, when I see something like this I sit and think, I hope to **** this person explains it because it just looks like stuff up on a board.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Words View Post
    Interesting, when I see something like this I sit and think, I hope to **** this person explains it because it just looks like stuff up on a board.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's like I try to be around people and I'm unconsciously seeking for building up some relationships (I'll actively initiate meetings at that point). That gives me a lot of energy. Or I might start fighting for a good cause. No idea if that's what author meant.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I still have no idea what this thread is about

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Words View Post
    I still have no idea what this thread is about
    Neither do I but I really like the color chart, too.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

OP is ESE-Fe