Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 42

Thread: The INTj Brotherhood of Knights

  1. #1
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,827
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default The INTj Brotherhood of Knights

    Quote Originally Posted by UDP II
    Quote Originally Posted by Cone
    Take the INTj: normally described in Socionics as a philosopher and a knight for truth, a person who builds logical systems around innovative ideas.

    I just like how that sounds

    It has occured to me that INTjs generally have the same sort of view about things, and there is a certain aspect of this that facinates me. It is inregard to the future, and about to make progress from where we are now to where we ought to/ could be.

    I sort of hope this could be a mini discussion center for such things. I might even make an INTj forum someday, I don't know. But if you ever have any thoughts that sound relevant to this (thread/title/idea/concept), then share them here.

    be well
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  2. #2
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,827
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    at the 40 people who looked at this page and didn't write anything

    even more if people kept coming back for updates, even though they could see there were 'no replies'

    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    suggestion:

    create a massive database of reasons why various natural disasters are occurring and fill it with endless amounts of inherently contradictory, irrelevant, inaccurate, or otherwise flawed information.


    example:

    the earth will be destroyed by floods due to the high nitrogen content of the atmosphere, nitrogen being a key component in many compounds which also contain water. with the excess nitrogen available, less water will be necessary to form these compounds, which will allow their excessive accumulation. at such great quantities, they will flood the world in very short order.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    381
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    actually, i wrote something last night but decided it was stupid and closed my browser
    lol

  5. #5
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,827
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    suggestion:

    create a massive database of reasons why various natural disasters are occurring and fill it with endless amounts of inherently contradictory, irrelevant, inaccurate, or otherwise flawed information.

    I'll pass. I don't want to compromise my standpoint so more people find it acceptable. That's my duals job.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  6. #6

    Default

    It has occured to me that INTjs generally have the same sort of view about things, and there is a certain aspect of this that facinates me. It is inregard to the future, and about to make progress from where we are now to where we ought to/ could be.

    I sort of hope this could be a mini discussion center for such things.
    What is you're personal vision concerning how we should be progressing into the future? Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but do you want the INTjs here to discuss specific goals that we as a society should hold for the future and how we should progress toward them or did you have something else in mind? Personally, I believe that artificial intelligence will eventually obsolete the human race at least economically if we keep up our capitalist ways as no one will be able to compete with a true and vastly superior creative and self-aware intelligence that can be mass produced. I think Stephen Hawkings is crazy for saying that genetic engineering will help us compete with such creations since you can only engineer a human so far. But as I am a woman who wants her children (who are yet unborn and perhaps will never be born) to not have to live under the spector of such horrid technology, I've become something of a luddite and wonder if technology is advancing in the right directions. I believe we should be pouring a lot more resources into environmentally friendly energy sources and sustainability for our planet. But instead we only seem to care about weapons, technology which gives authorities
    more control over us, computer technology that will eventually replace us and possibly destroy us, and technology that will just displace more and more workers. Perhaps I'm just showing my paranoid INFj colors, but I believe these things and hope I am proven wrong.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    381
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i think what the helpless forlorn little infj is telling us is that she needs a hug
    lol

  8. #8
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,827
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Typeless Wonder
    It has occured to me that INTjs generally have the same sort of view about things, and there is a certain aspect of this that facinates me. It is inregard to the future, and about to make progress from where we are now to where we ought to/ could be.

    I sort of hope this could be a mini discussion center for such things.
    What is you're personal vision concerning how we should be progressing into the future? Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but do you want the INTjs here to discuss specific goals that we as a society should hold for the future and how we should progress toward them or did you have something else in mind? Personally, I believe that artificial intelligence will eventually obsolete the human race at least economically if we keep up our capitalist ways as no one will be able to compete with a true and vastly superior creative and self-aware intelligence that can be mass produced. I think Stephen Hawkings is crazy for saying that genetic engineering will help us compete with such creations since you can only engineer a human so far. But as I am a woman who wants her children (who are yet unborn and perhaps will never be born) to not have to live under the spector of such horrid technology, I've become something of a luddite and wonder if technology is advancing in the right directions. I believe we should be pouring a lot more resources into environmentally friendly energy sources and sustainability for our planet. But instead we only seem to care about weapons, technology which gives authorities
    more control over us, computer technology that will eventually replace us and possibly destroy us, and technology that will just displace more and more workers. Perhaps I'm just showing my paranoid INFj colors, but I believe these things and hope I am proven wrong.

    Thank you so much. I had nothing specifically in mind, but that is very much in the general direction of what I was thinking about. And, you've just demonstrated more of why I like INFjs so much.


    I believe we should be pouring a lot more resources into environmentally friendly energy sources and sustainability for our planet. But instead we only seem to care about weapons, technology which gives authorities
    I don't understand why so many smart and brilliant people don't realize that. There is so much we can do, but we limit ourselves... accepting the answers instead of focusing on the questions, on how to improve.

    eh, more later maybe
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    M-H λ
    Posts
    2,609
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Typeless Wonder
    What is you're personal vision concerning how we should be progressing into the future? Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but do you want the INTjs here to discuss specific goals that we as a society should hold for the future and how we should progress toward them or did you have something else in mind? Personally, I believe that artificial intelligence will eventually obsolete the human race at least economically if we keep up our capitalist ways as no one will be able to compete with a true and vastly superior creative and self-aware intelligence that can be mass produced. I think Stephen Hawkings is crazy for saying that genetic engineering will help us compete with such creations since you can only engineer a human so far. But as I am a woman who wants her children (who are yet unborn and perhaps will never be born) to not have to live under the spector of such horrid technology, I've become something of a luddite and wonder if technology is advancing in the right directions. I believe we should be pouring a lot more resources into environmentally friendly energy sources and sustainability for our planet. But instead we only seem to care about weapons, technology which gives authorities
    more control over us, computer technology that will eventually replace us and possibly destroy us, and technology that will just displace more and more workers. Perhaps I'm just showing my paranoid INFj colors, but I believe these things and hope I am proven wrong.
    Do not fear my dear. Mayhaps we will merge with the computers. Imagine a human replacing their body a cell at a time with nanobot/genetically modified hybrids. I believe the future is in humanity learning to see no difference between itself and the inanimate so that we may merge with it and through it become even more human.

  10. #10
    oyburger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    somewhere overthere
    Posts
    2,528
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    Quote Originally Posted by Typeless Wonder
    What is you're personal vision concerning how we should be progressing into the future? Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but do you want the INTjs here to discuss specific goals that we as a society should hold for the future and how we should progress toward them or did you have something else in mind? Personally, I believe that artificial intelligence will eventually obsolete the human race at least economically if we keep up our capitalist ways as no one will be able to compete with a true and vastly superior creative and self-aware intelligence that can be mass produced. I think Stephen Hawkings is crazy for saying that genetic engineering will help us compete with such creations since you can only engineer a human so far. But as I am a woman who wants her children (who are yet unborn and perhaps will never be born) to not have to live under the spector of such horrid technology, I've become something of a luddite and wonder if technology is advancing in the right directions. I believe we should be pouring a lot more resources into environmentally friendly energy sources and sustainability for our planet. But instead we only seem to care about weapons, technology which gives authorities
    more control over us, computer technology that will eventually replace us and possibly destroy us, and technology that will just displace more and more workers. Perhaps I'm just showing my paranoid INFj colors, but I believe these things and hope I am proven wrong.
    Do not fear my dear. Mayhaps we will merge with the computers. Imagine a human replacing their body a cell at a time with nanobot/genetically modified hybrids. I believe the future is in humanity learning to see no difference between itself and the inanimate so that we may merge with it and through it become even more human.
    I hope not.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    M-H λ
    Posts
    2,609
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    don't be a small minded coward.

  12. #12
    Dioklecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    4,304
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The INTj Brotherhood of Knights

    Quote Originally Posted by UDP II
    Quote Originally Posted by UDP II
    Quote Originally Posted by Cone
    Take the INTj: normally described in Socionics as a philosopher and a knight for truth, a person who builds logical systems around innovative ideas.

    I just like how that sounds

    It has occured to me that INTjs generally have the same sort of view about things, and there is a certain aspect of this that facinates me. It is inregard to the future, and about to make progress from where we are now to where we ought to/ could be.

    I sort of hope this could be a mini discussion center for such things. I might even make an INTj forum someday, I don't know. But if you ever have any thoughts that sound relevant to this (thread/title/idea/concept), then share them here.

    be well
    UDP, do you mind if I suggest that you are not an INTJ? I have never heard any INTJ talk of a "brotherhood".
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

  13. #13
    MysticSonic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,993
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I mind, Dio, especially because UDP is definitely an INTj.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

    "Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

  14. #14
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,827
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The INTj Brotherhood of Knights

    Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian
    UDP, do you mind if I suggest that you are not an INTJ? I have never heard any INTJ talk of a "brotherhood".

    Explain. I'm not responding to you ONE bit -- I don't want to waste my time -- until you explain everything that you're thinking when you write this post. All of it. I want multiple, extensive paragraphs, so that I know just what you are talking about.

    Get to it.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  15. #15
    Dioklecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    4,304
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The INTj Brotherhood of Knights

    Quote Originally Posted by UDP II
    Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian
    UDP, do you mind if I suggest that you are not an INTJ? I have never heard any INTJ talk of a "brotherhood".

    Explain. I'm not responding to you ONE bit -- I don't want to waste my time -- until you explain everything that you're thinking when you write this post. All of it. I want multiple, extensive paragraphs, so that I know just what you are talking about.

    Get to it.
    Well, first of all, INTJs are not usually that directly demanding. That is not Se POLR in my opinion.

    Anyways, INTJs follow their interests not a brotherhood. I have never received support from an INTJ, I have received help from them when needed, but not support.

    Anyways, I see that you see my statemtn as a challenge and I have no desire at this time to convince you to change your type. Should you wish to discuss it more in the future, let me know.
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

  16. #16

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    381
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    lol

  17. #17
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,827
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The INTj Brotherhood of Knights

    Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian
    Quote Originally Posted by UDP II
    Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian
    UDP, do you mind if I suggest that you are not an INTJ? I have never heard any INTJ talk of a "brotherhood".

    Explain. I'm not responding to you ONE bit -- I don't want to waste my time -- until you explain everything that you're thinking when you write this post. All of it. I want multiple, extensive paragraphs, so that I know just what you are talking about.

    Get to it.
    Well, first of all, INTJs are not usually that directly demanding. That is not Se POLR in my opinion.

    Anyways, INTJs follow their interests not a brotherhood. I have never received support from an INTJ, I have received help from them when needed, but not support.

    Anyways, I see that you see my statemtn as a challenge and I have no desire at this time to convince you to change your type. Should you wish to discuss it more in the future, let me know.


    First of all, you should know I'm heavily idiosyncratic.

    And secondly, I am open to hearing what people want to say about my type --- but I want them to do more than just say "oh, you're not INTj". Explain what you mean, and what type you think I am. I'll look into it, if you're being serious.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  18. #18
    Dioklecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    4,304
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Of course I am serious UDP, but I don't want it to seem as if I am saying this for my own pleasure or something. Its' something that struck me: you did not sound like the INTJs I know, thats' all. I have known well perhaps 3 INTJs, and 4 or 5 less well. And your ideas about the brotherhood of INTJs seemed to me out of place with them.

    Thats' all. You can forget this if you wish. I have no interest whatsoever in changing your opinion one way or the other. The thought occurred to me just as I said,and I expressed it.

    Thats' all.
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

  19. #19
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,827
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Dio


    Go tell your so called INTJ friends


    that they're all wrong.


    And your ideas about the brotherhood of INTJs seemed to me out of place with them.
    Well, first, what do you mean -- in regard to comparing myself with those INTJs.

    Secondly -- if not INTJ, what type did I seem?

    Thirdly -- what did you think I meant by 'brotherhood' in the first place?




    PS: don't take this post the wrong way, I'm just slightly interested in challenging you and getting some answers out of you, for some reason. Yeah, I know this might not seem typically INTj, but I don't care, I stated my questions anyway. And yes, don't take the first part too of this post too seriously. I don't dislike you, or anything.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  20. #20
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,635
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    UDP kind of looks like the ISTj pic of the russian site

    http://babelfish.altavista.com/babel...%3ftype%3distj
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  21. #21
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,827
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Maybe I'm just ENTp, and emulate people readily.
    I KNOW for a fact I am not ISTj. I like ISTjs, and one of my favorite characters is ISTj... but I'm not one of them. I've been around them, and I'm just not one of them. But I think I can emulate them at times.

    I'm fairly certain I'm NT, and also IJ. I've just taken my training to an extreme. But months ago, after going away to college, I was told my facial apperance changed. I'll post some new pics

    Hell --- WHY NOT have a "What's my type" thread? Everyone else is doing it...
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  22. #22
    Dioklecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    4,304
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UDP II
    Dio


    Go tell your so called INTJ friends


    that they're all wrong.


    And your ideas about the brotherhood of INTJs seemed to me out of place with them.
    Well, first, what do you mean -- in regard to comparing myself with those INTJs.

    Secondly -- if not INTJ, what type did I seem?

    Thirdly -- what did you think I meant by 'brotherhood' in the first place?




    PS: don't take this post the wrong way, I'm just slightly interested in challenging you and getting some answers out of you, for some reason. Yeah, I know this might not seem typically INTj, but I don't care, I stated my questions anyway. And yes, don't take the first part too of this post too seriously. I don't dislike you, or anything.
    No problem:

    For there to be a brotherhood I kind of have the impression that people have to sort of want o have a brotherhood, and the feeling I got from the INTJs that I know is that they mind their own business and are not into group behaviour, am I worng?
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

  23. #23
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,827
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Unless, of course, an INTj is interested in huge, global issues which unavoidibly involve lots of people, due to their huge, global nature...
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  24. #24
    Dioklecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    4,304
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UDP II
    Unless, of course, an INTj is interested in huge, global issues which unavoidibly involve lots of people, due to their huge, global nature...
    The intjs I have known were not interested in such things, thats' more likely ENTP behaviour. They had a dislike of politics from whatI could observe.

    Again I have known very few INTjs, but I have known them quite well.
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

  25. #25
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,827
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The intjs I have known were not interested in such things, thats' more likely ENTP behaviour. They had a dislike of politics from whatI could observe.
    That was an innapropriate stretch.

    I said nothing about 'politics' --- I don't like them at all. (especially in term of "politicians"... Caesar is my conflictor, mind you...)
    I brought up issues, global in nature.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  26. #26
    Dioklecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    4,304
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UDP II
    The intjs I have known were not interested in such things, thats' more likely ENTP behaviour. They had a dislike of politics from whatI could observe.
    That was an innapropriate stretch.

    I said nothing about 'politics' --- I don't like them at all. (especially in term of "politicians"... Caesar is my conflictor, mind you...)
    I brought up issues, global in nature.
    Obviously I misunderstood your point. Any examples?

    The INTJs I knew were interested mildly in history, pop music, nothing huge that I could notice.
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

  27. #27
    Logos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    5,406
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I said nothing about 'politics' --- I don't like them at all. (especially in term of "politicians"... Caesar is my conflictor, mind you...)
    I brought up issues, global in nature.
    While I agree that INTjs probably hate the art of politics in terms of politicians (lying, mud-slinging, winning voters, acting), but to say that INTjs do not like politics is a bit of a stretch. The classical revolutionary is someone who wants to bring about a change in politics. While there are revolutionaries in other fields (science, philosophy, etc) the political revolutionary is the classic revolutionary in which there has almost always sat at least one influential INTj guiding the wheel. Maximilien Robespierre and Thomas Jefferson.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

  28. #28
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,827
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian
    Obviously I misunderstood your point. Any examples?

    The INTJs I knew were interested mildly in history, pop music, nothing huge that I could notice.

    WHAT THE FUCK?


    ......................................?

    POP MUSIC?


    You've gotta be out of your god damn mind. Well...., your version of INTJ friends are not the INTjs I'm talking about, then. Disregard them, and don't even worry about this conversation.

    It's nothing personal, Dio - really. We aren't speaking about the same thing.
    I don't think I can have a conversation about this, as I'm not in the mood to correlate our meanings. So you can just say that I'm giving up, if you like.



    =======
    =======




    While I agree that INTjs probably hate the art of politics in terms of politicians (lying, mud-slinging, winning voters, acting), but to say that INTjs do not like politics is a bit of a stretch. The classical revolutionary is someone who wants to bring about a change in politics. While there are revolutionaries in other fields (science, philosophy, etc) the political revolutionary is the classic revolutionary in which there has almost always sat at least one influential INTj guiding the wheel. Maximilien Robespierre and Thomas Jefferson.

    HEY-wo-ho-eYEAH!


    ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWpty8E75Oo )

    ((That might have a differnt actual meaning, but to mea it meant "HELL YEAH!" ))

    .....just like in my sig.......about INTjs.......
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  29. #29
    Elro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Not here
    Posts
    2,796
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UDP II
    WHAT THE FUCK?


    ......................................?

    POP MUSIC?


    You've gotta be out of your god damn mind.
    Hmm. I'm somewhat new to this Socionics thing, so I'm not very familiar with the terms. Is this post a good example of PoLR?
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

    Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.


    I pity your souls

  30. #30
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,827
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    no

    It's because pop music is so simplistic, trite, and not deep.
    It is anything but "idiosyncratic"

    It's like saying an INTj would enjoy being exactly like the mass majority of people -- that is how I interpreted it.

    That's like saying an INTj would be interested in a Soap Opera, or care greatly about gossip, or pay attention to famous movie actors to see who they were dating and when their baby was do, etc.




    Maybe it is a sort of indication of the awkwardness -- because being completely practical, or completley normal, isn't necessarily appealing to an INTj
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  31. #31
    oyburger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    somewhere overthere
    Posts
    2,528
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UDP II
    no

    It's because pop music is so simplistic, trite, and not deep.
    It is anything but "idiosyncratic"

    It's like saying an INTj would enjoy being exactly like the mass majority of people -- that is how I interpreted it.

    That's like saying an INTj would be interested in a Soap Opera, or care greatly about gossip, or pay attention to famous movie actors to see who they were dating and when their baby was do, etc.




    Maybe it is a sort of indication of the awkwardness -- because being completely practical, or completley normal, isn't necessarily appealing to an INTj
    Gotta agree
    All Hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster

  32. #32
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,827
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    To consider it in terms of the INTj ego block.....


    wants to think for itself --- so readily accepting "popular culture" is not necessarily common
    wants to be creative --- and "pop music" to me means boring, dull, simplistic.



    Of course, my last 3 posts were my subjective reactions. I don't really know if Dio's friends are INTj or not. I've no idea who they are or what they're like. But obviously, that pop music comment is something I felt very disagreeable about.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  33. #33
    oyburger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    somewhere overthere
    Posts
    2,528
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UDP II
    wants to be creative --- and "pop music" to me means boring, dull, simplistic.
    It simply means uncreative to me.
    All Hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster

  34. #34
    Dioklecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    4,304
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UDP II
    no

    It's because pop music is so simplistic, trite, and not deep.
    It is anything but "idiosyncratic"

    It's like saying an INTj would enjoy being exactly like the mass majority of people -- that is how I interpreted it.

    That's like saying an INTj would be interested in a Soap Opera, or care greatly about gossip, or pay attention to famous movie actors to see who they were dating and when their baby was do, etc.




    Maybe it is a sort of indication of the awkwardness -- because being completely practical, or completley normal, isn't necessarily appealing to an INTj
    The two INTJs I had in mind about the pop music, listened to it because they found it relaxing.

    I tried to have a conversation once with an INTJ about the existence of God, and the only sentence he stated was as follows: "we go where we came from", nothing more and nothing less.

    On the other hand he could talk for hours about the best way to sharpen pencils for drawing pictures in our bio lab.
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

  35. #35
    Dioklecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    4,304
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oyburger
    Quote Originally Posted by UDP II
    wants to be creative --- and "pop music" to me means boring, dull, simplistic.
    It simply means uncreative to me.
    None of the INTJs I have known have not been particualrly creative.

    Do you know any INTJs that were very creative? Famous ones possibly.
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

  36. #36
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,827
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    None of the INTJs I have known have not been particualrly creative.

    Do you know any INTJs that were very creative? Famous ones possibly.

    I am going to assume that you meant "The INTjs I know aren't particularly creative".


    Well, I'm creative. I'll probably be famous someday as well. So remember me.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  37. #37
    Dioklecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    4,304
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UDP II
    None of the INTJs I have known have not been particualrly creative.

    Do you know any INTJs that were very creative? Famous ones possibly.

    I am going to assume that you meant "The INTjs I know aren't particularly creative".


    Well, I'm creative. I'll probably be famous someday as well. So remember me.
    Cool

    Do you know any famous creative INTJs? Let me know.
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

  38. #38
    oyburger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    somewhere overthere
    Posts
    2,528
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian
    Quote Originally Posted by oyburger
    Quote Originally Posted by UDP II
    wants to be creative --- and "pop music" to me means boring, dull, simplistic.
    It simply means uncreative to me.
    None of the INTJs I have known have not been particualrly creative.

    Do you know any INTJs that were very creative? Famous ones possibly.
    I make my living off of being creative. Creativity to me is to make something unique, which is something I enjoy.
    All Hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster

  39. #39
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,827
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Descarte, Jefferson,

    Even M Robis was probably creative, I'm sure.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  40. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    TIM
    TiNe
    Posts
    7,967
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Newton, Max Planke, James Clerk Maxwell, Roger Sperry (won the Nobel prize for the split brain theory), Sigmund Freud. (and yes I know that'll seem controversial)

    Donald Rumsfeld, Colin Powell, Michael Dukakis. David Duchinovy (the X-Files guy), ...that's all that come to mind now, but there are more.

    Think about that: INTJs created the theories of electromagnetism AND the quantum. There is no doubt we are very creative!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •