1 Thread(s)

Default Gamma Bitching Lounge

File random thoughts, life dissatisfactions here:

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was going to get some new shoes, but since I live in a shithole I was unable to find some. Made me rather angry.

My test results was supposed to come this week by mail, they didnt called the place up and the phones was closed. Made me angrier.

I am unsure if I'm able to fly with my xmas present that's for my girl.
    Gonna give her throwing knives and I'm sure I'll get shit for them at the airport. Even if I check the luggage.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I am so sick and tired of doing most of the work in all areas of my life. I should stop, but quality will suffer. I have to push some people to action, but it is tiring and needs to be done constantly or else it goes back to the same as before. I don't have the energy for this, so some things coming at the expense of others. So many people standing around and talking, spending time on their phones, which compromises work. I really don't want to spend more time doing your work too. I would rather get my work done, so I can focus on other things, not spending my time doing my work and other's work too. There is a push to get me to act as commander, when I do not want to be, and people don't like being commanded because they end up resenting. It's fucking frustrating. I would rather be reading, doing art, or just contemplating, not filling my time with useless activities, especially when these activities should be shared.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In law school. Wish life would revert to a mentoring system rather than formalized education. All I want to do is REAL WORLD practice. Hate theory, love practical. Reminds me of math. Doesn't matter how I get the answer, as long as I get it right. Here to be a trial attorney boys, coming to court for the fight. I'm not here to argue over boiler plate terms on a contract, I can learn that shit on the fly. Also hate ethics. Please don't tell me what's right.

Also: School is a required scam, its genius. Make it necessary, then charge out the ass. AKA all "professional" degrees.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

^ Schools have figured out that in a poor economy, they can represent themselves as the gateway to jobs and they raise tuition as much as they can. They can't do this in a good economy, but it has been so long since the economy has been good (in the sense that any worker can quit at any time and get a better job) that no one remembers it.
    The school's reasoning is, by the time the parents have a kid in grad school, they have probably paid off their house and are now able to take on as much debt as another house. So the schools raise prices to this level. Competition and market forces really do not exist in the upper levels of the economy anymore. In the lower levels, things have reached cutthroat levels, but at the top, it is all "effective monopolies" and "legally excluding your competition" through bullshit patents and buying the legal system so it will work for you. Politicians are amazingly affordable, and investing in their campaign funds is incredibly profitable (like 1000X returns).
    The imposition of this level of debt on consumers is a huge drag on the productive resources of an economy, since the "productivity" of higher education has not changed much in the last century, but the cost has.
    Education should be free (state supported) to every level, just like roads. Both roads and an educated and debt-free work force raise a country's productivity and makes it more competitive in the world markets. Experiments with this idea, which were done for veterans after WWII, resulted in a huge productivity boom for the US for the following twenty years.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaegar View Post
    In law school. Wish life would revert to a mentoring system rather than formalized education. All I want to do is REAL WORLD practice. Hate theory, love practical. Reminds me of math. Doesn't matter how I get the answer, as long as I get it right. Here to be a trial attorney boys, coming to court for the fight. I'm not here to argue over boiler plate terms on a contract, I can learn that shit on the fly. Also hate ethics. Please don't tell me what's right.

Also: School is a required scam, its genius. Make it necessary, then charge out the ass. AKA all "professional" degrees.
    also in law school. agree its a big scam. can't wait to get out of here and just get a job

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    ^ Schools have figured out that in a poor economy, they can represent themselves as the gateway to jobs and they raise tuition as much as they can. They can't do this in a good economy, but it has been so long since the economy has been good (in the sense that any worker can quit at any time and get a better job) that no one remembers it.
    The school's reasoning is, by the time the parents have a kid in grad school, they have probably paid off their house and are now able to take on as much debt as another house. So the schools raise prices to this level. Competition and market forces really do not exist in the upper levels of the economy anymore. In the lower levels, things have reached cutthroat levels, but at the top, it is all "effective monopolies" and "legally excluding your competition" through bullshit patents and buying the legal system so it will work for you. Politicians are amazingly affordable, and investing in their campaign funds is incredibly profitable (like 1000X returns).
    The imposition of this level of debt on consumers is a huge drag on the productive resources of an economy, since the "productivity" of higher education has not changed much in the last century, but the cost has.
    Education should be free (state supported) to every level, just like roads. Both roads and an educated and debt-free work force raise a country's productivity and makes it more competitive in the world markets. Experiments with this idea, which were done for veterans after WWII, resulted in a huge productivity boom for the US for the following twenty years.
    Agree with you entirely on free education. Necessity should be strictly regulated. If I am required to get a professional degree for a job, then there should be limits. It used to be, when the economy was good (as you specified), you did truly have a choice of taking the debt of graduate education because you could certainly make a decent living doing something else. Now it's like they funnel you directly into inescapable debt. The upper level super monopolies don't want to compete anymore, when they can rig the game against you (always wonder if this is where Gammas go too far, our values really seem to be oriented toward early period capitalism (pre-monopoly), where they do well and spur innovation). Anyways, much like electricity, internet (fuck the FCC), groceries, etc there just must be limits. On the flip side, I am at least glad that these debts are limited, the bank can't physically hurt me if I don't pay back. I always take comfort in that. I am also in the process of buying a development property, because I really need to escape this debt shackle BS.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    also in law school. agree its a big scam. can't wait to get out of here and just get a job
    I feel you. Luckily I have a different professional background and can do pro work on the weekends or I would want to die like the rest of the peeps in my classes. Rat race class rank shit (who cares anyways, no indicator of actual talent), academic pointlessness, textbook raping, so on. Im 2L, sitting in professional responsibility RN, where you at?

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

i just finished first semester and I already want out

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Last night I was pumping gas and saw a guy in front of me get out of a car with Kansas plates. He was wearing rumpled black clothes and a rumpled black overcoat which looked like he found it at the Salvation Army and it followed him home. He drifted over to the pump to fill his tank, all the while staring at the phone he kept in front of his face. He looked LIE to me for some reason. He was about 27, black hair, tall and awkward with big shoes and seemed completely oblivious to his surroundings, in favor of gazing intently at his phone. The more I watched him, the more he resembled two LIE's that I know.
    Suddenly a young woman burst out of the car and bounced around to the back, where she opened the hatch and started fooling around with the stuff inside. She was dressed tastefully and artistically, in layers (it was cold), and when she bent over to reach inside, I saw that she was wearing gray workout leggings with rainbow colors which covered legs which either went to the gym a lot or had good parents.
    She was chattering away and the guy didn't blink, didn't look up, didn't say a word, just continued to stand next to the pump while the tank filled and stared curiously at his phone.
    LIE-Ni and ESI-Se, I thought. They found each other before they were 30.

Damn. What the hell have I done with my life?

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

What's the point of this thread?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

To bitch about anything. Got something you want to bitch about?

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Bitch, please.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last night I was pumping gas and saw a guy in front of me get out of a car with Kansas plates. He was wearing rumpled black clothes and a rumpled black overcoat which looked like he found it at the Salvation Army and it followed him home. He drifted over to the pump to fill his tank, all the while staring at the phone he kept in front of his face. He looked LIE to me for some reason. He was about 27, black hair, tall and awkward with big shoes and seemed completely oblivious to his surroundings, in favor of gazing intently at his phone. The more I watched him, the more he resembled two LIE's that I know.
    Suddenly a young woman burst out of the car and bounced around to the back, where she opened the hatch and started fooling around with the stuff inside. She was dressed tastefully and artistically, in layers (it was cold), and when she bent over to reach inside, I saw that she was wearing gray workout leggings with rainbow colors which covered legs which either went to the gym a lot or had good parents.
    She was chattering away and the guy didn't blink, didn't look up, didn't say a word, just continued to stand next to the pump while the tank filled and stared curiously at his phone.
    LIE-Ni and ESI-Se, I thought. They found each other before they were 30.

Damn. What the hell have I done with my life?
    heaven

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I were to bitch on the forum then someone is sure to bitch about me or my bitch rant so bitching usually remains only spoken with a close one/s, my cats, my lonesome self or quietly within my mind.

I guess I can share this though...

Humanity sucks

And yes I’m down at the moment...
    Was unsupported and thrown under the bus, cat recently died, plus more...

Guess I just bitched plenty...back to non bitching now :-)

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm taking a 3-week econ class, the mid-term of which if it were anyone else's mid-term would be easy for me to not only figure out but coach them through, but because it's MY midterm, all I can think of is Ni-doom and calculating how even one lapse in paying attention could impact my future. It just represents loss to me. I need to reprogram my approach. I'm negatively reinforcing myself every time I think of my A dropping a percentage point. Also, I probably need more coffee and background noise.

Also, my house is a chaotic disaster, and company is coming soon, and I have like 3 months-worth of laundry to do; I need to re-do my taxes (employer made a mistake); I need to fill out 4 different applications for school or health insurance, and I need to get a new muffler. etc.
    Everything's suddenly not doom when I'm biking or when my ESIs are here (they moderate some of my ADHD chaos; they don't do everything for me), but none of them are, and I can't bike right now.

So, I'm going to start my mid-term exam online and chew on too many fresh coffee grounds because A) why bother making coffee and having to wash the pot? and B) I like the rush of the caffeine getting absorbed quickly and C) I generally have the self-preservation skills of a distracted carrot.
    Last edited by nanashi; 01-10-2018 at 05:59 AM.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aw you saw Ashton
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder, how do you make people do what you want without sounding bossy? I've been thinking about it in the last 2 years where I am forced to interact with some unmotivated people who have to do things for me.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

^ @FDG, the easiest way is to become their boss.

If you can't do that, and if they don't need anything from you, then your position is hosed because you have no leverage.

You could just ask them to do something, but that seems not to have worked.
    You could appeal to their boss, who might or might not help you out. This approach makes you look weak.
    You could threaten them with personal injury (assuming they don't need anything from you; otherwise, you could trade in negatives and threaten to not do what they want you to do). This sometimes has unexpected consequences.

If none of the above are open or appeal to you (and they shouldn't), you could learn diplomatic skills and establish a mutually respectful relationship with them. It is amazing what people will do for someone who likes and respects them.
    But let's assume that you already hate these fuckers. After all, they are screwing you just because they can. How do you get them on your side?
    First, step back and realize that even the biggest asshole is loved by someone. Set your feelings aside and focus only on the things about them that you admire and respect. You might have to look pretty hard to find it, but there is something that you can find in this area. Maybe they are really good at tying their shoes. They are the best at that, and you have genuine respect for them for that skill. This is key: You actually have to really respect something about them. They will be able to tell if you are faking it.
    Now, every time you interact with this person, keep this admirable trait of theirs in the forefront of your mind. Don't focus on what a jerk they are, focus on what you genuinely like or admire about them.
    I predict that this one thing will turn around your relationship with them. It might take a while, but having common ground works.
    Also, so few people are respected in this world that when you do give someone your respect, they will fight to keep it.

I had the same problem as you describe when I was promoted to Production Manager of a machine tool company. Lots of guys didn't like me. I had to trade favors with other departments and still deliver the machines at the end of the month. The sales guys would promise the customers absolutely anything to close a sale. I had to satisfy the often ignorant demands of the company manager. I did it by respecting every single person there. I was surprised as hell when they respected me back.

*EDIT* One of the things I confirmed early in my working career is that most people want to do the best job they can. They don't need to be forced to work. (This includes the guys stiffing you.) But eighty percent of managers think the people working for them don't want to work and have to be forced to do even a half-assed job. But think about this for a minute. Do any of your friends have to be forced to do a good job, especially when they feel appreciated? Do you? No. This is one reason why managers rarely become leaders.
    Give a person a direction and the tools and encouragement to get there, and they will fight to get there.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 01-10-2018 at 12:28 PM.