Results 1 to 29 of 29

Thread: Listen to me speak inarticulately

  1. #1
    ouronis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    TIM
    &*self
    Posts
    866
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default Listen to me speak inarticulately

    I made a video. Let me know if it helps you see my type.



    Disclaimer: If I seem stupid at a part because I don't point out something factually obvious, I probably know I seem stupid and didn't mention it because I think it's obvious.
    Last edited by ouronis; 05-06-2015 at 01:36 AM.

  2. #2
    Contra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Posts
    1,405
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    you remind me of me. I tried making a video and i had the same facial expressions, speech tone, and pattern/rhythm, and you rub your face a lot/you look tired. I don't know what that means for you because I'm stuck between LIE and ILI and I'm not sure if our similarities are any more than anything purely superficial.

    EDIT: You sort of look like at least a couple of LIIs I know and I get a stronger Ne/Si vibe from you and what you talked about. I can't say anything for sure though.

  3. #3
    ouronis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    TIM
    &*self
    Posts
    866
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Contra View Post
    you remind me of me. I tried making a video and i had the same facial expressions, speech tone, and pattern/rhythm, and you rub your face a lot/you look tired. I don't know what that means for you because I'm stuck between LIE and ILI and I'm not sure if our similarities are any more than anything purely superficial.

    EDIT: You sort of look like at least a couple of LIIs I know and I get a stronger Ne/Si vibe from you and what you talked about. I can't say anything for sure though.
    Allergies and anxiety make for a tired person :\

  4. #4
    Contra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Posts
    1,405
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ouronis View Post
    Allergies and anxiety make for a tired person :\
    haha yeah, I don't remember what it was like before sinus issues.

    Anyway, I watched the second half of your video (I stopped half way through in the first post). I think we are the same type. It's kind of like looking in a mirror. I also relate with a lot of what you talk about. I'm pretty sure I'm gamma NT.. sooo... I think you're Gamma NT.

  5. #5
    ouronis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    TIM
    &*self
    Posts
    866
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Contra View Post
    haha yeah, I don't remember what it was like before sinus issues.

    Anyway, I watched the second half of your video (I stopped half way through in the first post). I think we are the same type. It's kind of like looking in a mirror. I'm pretty sure I'm gamma NT.. sooo... I think you're Gamma NT.
    Huh, very interesting. I've been kind of having that feeling too lately. Thanks.

  6. #6
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Berlin
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Posts
    5,421
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    you're Alpha NT (kinda LII Sx last) and I find you as boring as cement.

    But don't worry ...not much difference from Contra ...you can get in touch and hang out, you'd make a cool couple.

  7. #7
    darya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Posts
    2,785
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    You look like a clear case of LII to me : )

  8. #8
    ouronis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    TIM
    &*self
    Posts
    866
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amber View Post
    you're Alpha NT (kinda LII Sx last) and I find you as boring as cement.

    But don't worry ...not much difference from Contra ...you can get in touch and hang out, you'd make a cool couple.
    Uh huh ok haha.

    Can you say anything specific from this video that would make you think LII instead of ILI?

  9. #9
    Contra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Posts
    1,405
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I mean you could be LII. I have met some LIIs who look physically similar to you. Our similarities could just be symptomatic of NTs or INTx's so I don't know. The first half of your video seems LII-ish to me in how you try to describe what the types are like, but the second half when you talk about escapism and go on tangents you seem more intuitive.
    Maybe, specifically, Ni-ish.

    As for my type I can't really be anything except Gamma NT based on how my intertype relations have played out, which types I tend to resonate more with, and the subjects I'm drawn to.

  10. #10
    A man chooses, a slave obeys MensSuperMateriam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    345
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I've only watched fragments of the video, so this analysis could not be as accurate as it should:

    V.I. wise I think OP seems LII or LIE more than ILE or ILI. He does have neither the ILE "optimistic & naive smile of a child" nor the ILI "gloomy, sad expression". Pretty neutral in this, which favors rationality.

    He does not have "tons of energy" as anyone would expect for an extrovert, but he's also quite confident in front of the camera, no apparent nervousness or forced posture, no shyness. Extreme subtypes (Ti-LII & Te-LIE) should be discarded. He still moves and gesticulates significatively, very unlikely if Ip + Fe PoLR, who just sits there and would say whatever wants to.

    I would say LIE > LII because of his speech patterns. I do not perceive the typical Fe modulations. They're more visible in ILEs because Fe HA > Fe DS, but they're still visible in LIIs. With Fe there are somehow bits of emotional imprint in the words, you're not just transmitting data, you're aware that someone is listening to you and, consciously or not, you desire to cause an effect in that person. Ideally being convincing, but at least getting attention in the message. Fe types do not simply share raw data, they want you to be infected with their ideas. His style is too dry for an Fe valuer, even if he's not a de-energyzer as Fe PoLRs could be. In general, he seems to be just thinking out loud, just verbalizing his thoughts (but without gettng lost in his mind like an ILI would do) and not really speaking for an audience.

    All things considered, I would say he's LIE>LII>everything else. His level of energy, higher than typical ILIs, are still lower than the core LIE subtype. DCNH N or H should be the options. I would say an N subtype would project a more "tense" image whereas he seems quite relaxed. So H most likely.

    H-LIE is my bet, at least for now.
    Last edited by MensSuperMateriam; 05-05-2015 at 06:25 PM.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Posts
    3,394
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ouronis View Post
    I made a video. Let me know if it helps you see my type.
    Got nothing against LII.

  12. #12
    both sides, now wacey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Canada
    TIM
    9w8
    Posts
    3,272
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    First five second pull the trigger impression is LII. #typology

    Keep in mind thats just 5 seconds I've watched ahah!
    "If this to end in fire, then we should all burn together. Watch the flames climb higher into the night."

  13. #13
    both sides, now wacey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Canada
    TIM
    9w8
    Posts
    3,272
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    BTW, I have never met a ESFj who didn't have their stuff together. Their are different kinds of intelligence.
    "If this to end in fire, then we should all burn together. Watch the flames climb higher into the night."

  14. #14
    both sides, now wacey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Canada
    TIM
    9w8
    Posts
    3,272
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah, NT club for sure. ILI, LII, LIE, not ILE.
    "If this to end in fire, then we should all burn together. Watch the flames climb higher into the night."

  15. #15
    ouronis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    TIM
    &*self
    Posts
    866
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wacey View Post
    First five second pull the trigger impression is LII. #typology

    Keep in mind thats just 5 seconds I've watched ahah!
    I don't think I even said anything in the first five seconds. I just kind of looked around at stuff. Impressive.
    Last edited by ouronis; 05-06-2015 at 02:53 AM.

  16. #16
    ■■■■■■ Radio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,574
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    SLI?

    Ne/Si IXTx.

  17. #17
    Breaking stereotypes Suz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On a chatbox diet
    TIM
    IDK
    Posts
    6,470
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wacey View Post
    BTW, I have never met a ESFj who didn't have their stuff together. Their are different kinds of intelligence.
    Yeah i was gonna comment on that comment as well...

    Intelligence is NTR. All types come in smarter or dumber varieties. Although, the way I see it, everyone has some sort of intelligence, they just gotta find what it is. (EDIT: i guess that's the same thing u just said wace )

    Nice video @ouronis!! you come across a lot like April's husband who types LII, very similar demeanor.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Posts
    2,489
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suz View Post
    Yeah i was gonna comment on that comment as well...

    Intelligence is NTR. All types come in smarter or dumber varieties. Although, the way I see it, everyone has some sort of intelligence, they just gotta find what it is. (EDIT: i guess that's the same thing u just said wace )

    Nice video @ouronis!! you come across a lot like April's husband who types LII, very similar demeanor.
    Intelligence is something imo rated by schooling/academic system with a higher priority than what every other aspect of life requires of it.

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Posts
    2,489
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    LII imo

  20. #20
    ouronis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    TIM
    &*self
    Posts
    866
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    I can see the having stuff together comment, or wanting this.

  21. #21
    Breaking stereotypes Suz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On a chatbox diet
    TIM
    IDK
    Posts
    6,470
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Words View Post
    Intelligence is something imo rated by schooling/academic system with a higher priority than what every other aspect of life requires of it.
    But that really just reflects academic intelligence (and not even in all cases)... there's other kinds of acumen as well -- artistic, social, business, innovation, etc, etc.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

  22. #22
    silke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    TIM
    Ni-IEI sx/sp
    Posts
    3,779
    Mentioned
    317 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    visually you remind me of this guy whom I type as Ti LII e9


  23. #23
    ouronis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    TIM
    &*self
    Posts
    866
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    visually you remind me of this guy whom I type as Ti LII e9

    From the 3 or 4 songa I've listened to, I think the things that make his songs hard to listen to are the female (?) vocalist and how his beats always seem to be lacking good transitions and a feel of being more than basic. Some of it I like but overall I find it kind of grating. Same with the imagery.

  24. #24
    alklonth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    TIM
    LIE
    Posts
    66
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    LII or ILI. You're more like Ij but you have that mist in your eyes that often goes with Ni.

  25. #25

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Posts
    3,394
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well he's not Se DS.

  26. #26
    ouronis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    TIM
    &*self
    Posts
    866
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    In the mind-feelings of concordance, on the land, sectioned off plots. In the mind - ideas that are built on vague feelings of concordance. On the land, buildings that are built on land. In the mind - the closer to the field of the feeling, the more concordance is felt, the greater the truth seems. Words disconnected from the feeling are false, forced, strained. On land, buildings built on the plot of land are massive skyscrapers bolted into the crust with steel beams. Buildings built away from the plots are dysfunctional crazy houses breeding uncertainty.

    An analogy for what experiencing an impression is like to me.
    Last edited by ouronis; 05-11-2015 at 02:52 AM.

  27. #27
    Olduvai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,346
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    00:51 -- "I dont know if I can get this out very well"
    do you have trouble speaking about abstract theoretical concepts such as socionics?


    1:02 - 1:04 -- "ESE"
    your voice trembles a bit. are you nervous?


    1:07 - 1:11 -- "well they're quasi-identical types, so they'll appear similar to onlookers"
    evidence for Evolutionary > Involutionary?


    3:24 - 3:27 -- "I dont know, I have a bad personal understanding of that"
    the polr is said to be understood in a personal and idiosyncratic way


    7:24 - 7:26 -- "I dont know why that took me so long to say"
    could it be because you were trying to engage a weak function?


    9:20 - 9:23 -- "so it becomes hard to tell who's Fe and who's not"
    that's because almost everyone is Fe


    10:04 - 10:19 "but because of something... you know something loud or something older maybe" (not sure what exactly you said)
    it takes awhile for thoughts from the polr to come bubbling up. lots of uhms, pauses, and I-dont-knows.


    11:02 - 11:04 -- "which leads me to another thought I've been having"
    more evidence for Evolution > Involution?


    17:44 - 17:46 -- "I'm good at abstraction, bad at thinking"
    what do you mean?


    Quote Originally Posted by ouronis View Post
    I've always had problems with proofs, I guess because I lack focus on all the possibilities of universal structure.

    I dont think a LII would struggle to generate possibilities.

    basically, I think you might be Ti-LSI.

  28. #28
    ouronis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    TIM
    &*self
    Posts
    866
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fatal mistake View Post
    00:51 -- "I dont know if I can get this out very well"
    do you have trouble speaking about abstract theoretical concepts such as socionics?
    I do, because multiple different interpretations are always competing for dominance and I like to keep whatever I say consistent between itself, so I kind of have to gauge "ok, "who am I" today, aka what do I care about today, to what degree can I express this using this interpretation of socionics, since I don't have someone asking me questions I'm going to have to think about my audience, and I am not really good at that" etc.

    1:02 - 1:04 -- "ESE"
    your voice trembles a bit. are you nervous?

    I watched it again, and I'm not sure, but I don't think I was nervous. I don't guess this is relevant to my type anyway, besides general impressions. The thought of posting a video on a public forum makes me nervous though, yes.


    1:07 - 1:11 -- "well they're quasi-identical types, so they'll appear similar to onlookers"
    evidence for Evolutionary > Involutionary?

    Maybe, I waffle between saying "A person I typed as this acted this way, that must mean that others act this way" and "a person acted differently than I expected, that must mean my assessment of them was incorrect." I try to take into account the amount of evidence, but what is new always feels more relevant than what I've already done, even though I know that's not true. So when I choose between these statements it always feels arbitrary, especially when you have a sample size so low of people(that are categorized into the same type) you can actually say these things about on a day to day basis.

    3:24 - 3:27 -- "I dont know, I have a bad personal understanding of that"
    the polr is said to be understood in a personal and idiosyncratic way
    Part of what informed my choice of words there.

    7:24 - 7:26 -- "I dont know why that took me so long to say"
    could it be because you were trying to engage a weak function?

    yes, I was trying to think of more information that would inform a better summation, but came up with little during that pause. Could be because I was searching my own Fe and found jack shit. But feeling is one of the harder functions to get an explicit language about anyway, I think.


    9:20 - 9:23 -- "so it becomes hard to tell who's Fe and who's not"
    that's because almost everyone is Fe

    Based on the fact that only 4 types have id Fe, and thus everyone else either has it conscious or valued? Or based on polls or estimates of Fe valuing types?
    10:04 - 10:19 "but because of something... you know something loud or something older maybe" (not sure what exactly you said)
    it takes awhile for thoughts from the polr to come bubbling up. lots of uhms, pauses, and I-dont-knows.
    This was purely based on hearsay, I wasn't accessing any part of myself that identifies with that. I tend to shy away from being noticed unless there aren't any huge consequences for what I'm planning on doing. And it was bolder, not older.

    11:02 - 11:04 -- "which leads me to another thought I've been having"
    more evidence for Evolution > Involution?
    You could argue that these thoughts were sort of tangential. One was about escapism and the other was about general imagination/subjectivity, they share a common attribute, but no obvious(at least to me at the time) deductive link, so it was more involutionary than evolutionary.

    17:44 - 17:46 -- "I'm good at abstraction, bad at thinking"
    what do you mean?This is really hard for me to explain without appealing to examples. I'm good at looking at multiple different instances of something and abstracting backwards, like for instance if you're familiar with programming, I can look at how instances of classes are used and infer the class and its rules. For example, I am a natural at language because I can hear or look at a sentence, and all the little ins and outs get unconsciously put into my brain, quicker than others. Same with ideas, I can take the general idea of an idea and quickly apply it to other places.

    Being bad at thinking: I suck at math, physics, anything that requires this sort of thinking. I think you might be able to say that unless I am guaranteed there is a meaning to what I'm looking at, I won't feel confident in my ability to pull it out. I cannot understand if it's junk or not. I can provide my own meaning, and then apply my brain to things like math, because I will come at it from a perspective of "here is the goal, I need to find my tools." Then I get a general sense of what my tools look like and I may rely on math or some mathematical concept to detail everything out for me. But I cannot do this within math, physics, universal sciences, because I feel that the goal(maybe the natural end of the process) is not obvious to me, and I don't feel comfortable making universal claims.

    So you could say my abstraction makes me resourceful and good at recognizing what I need to build up an idea, but bad at building the tools myself, unless they are not already naturally present in my mindset.


    I dont think a LII would struggle to generate possibilities.

    basically, I think you might be Ti-LSI.
    Interesting. I went through and took it point by point, because your conclusion intrigues me.

    The last point, philosophy is not included in stuff I'm bad at coming up answers to, but I tend to sit and think for a long time and make sure I'm right, and then totally forget the process that brought me there, so that's sort of why I always focus on new paths and forget what I've learned. Combined with the fact that every day I may have different assumptions about the world. It's kind of exhausting, but it makes life more variable. Relating it to the analogy I typed earlier, I'm always stepping out of the plot, virtually always living in the dysfunctional(and uncomfortable to be in) villages even though I know I have a solid reminder behind me of what's genuine.

  29. #29

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Posts
    3,394
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

    Default

    @ouronis

    Such Ne>Se there, IMO. I don't think like you, for sure. I like your Ti but the rest we are different with. Not that you didn't already know that

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •