Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to encourage a depressed SEI?

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wacey View Post
    Not necessarily. No not at all. Introverted sensing doesn't lead people to live so called healthy lives. For instance, most of the smokers I know are introverted sensor types. Many over eaters are Si types as well. Si is about cognition of states of physical being, with an emphasis on comfort. Comfort does not equal health. I find that lots of SEI talk about being healthy habits, but the default position reins supreme. No offence guys.
    I wonder if it could partially be variant related too. SP variants being more likely to do something about it, SP last more likely to be in denial or just ignore it all together.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chips and underwear View Post
    I wonder if it could partially be variant related too. SP variants being more likely to do something about it, SP last more likely to be in denial or just ignore it all together.
    in a way, you could also potentially say, sp-first might be more likely to be in denial or ignore the illness -- it can be seen as a self-preserving mechanism in a way.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inumbra View Post
    so now is about leading an unhealthy life instead? (i mean if is about "comfort," certain things like over-eating might be um, "uncomfortable.")

i just don't really think being healthy is type-related... although people's reasons/causes for their healthiness or unhealthiness may very well be.
    well actually, many (most?) unhealthy behaviors do in fact make the body feel crappy.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chips and underwear View Post
    Naw, Sp doesn't work like that either. A lot of Sp first types are stuck in their cave/etc.

Most of the Si stereotypes only apply for ego expression but neurotic expression within each type is quite variant. Si types can be concerned about health but they're often just hedonists who overeat, have a lot of promiscuous sex and do drugs.

Introverted irrationality is also often inaccessible to conventional thought, for all we know this individual thinks his behavior is the "healthy" way.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I
    Quote Originally Posted by inumbra View Post
    so now is about leading an unhealthy life instead? (i mean if is about "comfort," certain things like over-eating might be um, "uncomfortable.")

i just don't really think being healthy is type-related... although people's reasons/causes for their healthiness or unhealthiness may very well be.
    Anyone heard of chubby SEI?
    Alpha Si is +Si and pretty hedonistic.

Well, to be honest I need someone to make me see a doctor. It is anxiety producing event itself. Somebody there take care of me, please. I'm even bit short sighted when it comes to this. I don't want to experience more pain.
    Last edited by The Reality Denialist; 06-16-2015 at 10:21 AM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

With anyone who is depressed you have to give them something to look forward to because depression causes emotional debilitating states where it's hard to see the future so I say "come out to the event of Friday"
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12