Thread: Is Kim 7w6 or 7w8?

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Is Kim 7w6 or 7w8?

I have always typed 7w6, but lately people have suggested 7w8 (@William @woofwoofl @mikemex). How do I figure it out?

@darya
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fwiw, i've thought you were rather balanced between the two. One of the things I've admired about you was that while yeah, sometimes you might get sidetracked by some of the 6ish anxieties, you also have a great ability to push through to get what you want. A firmness of mind/vision that a 6 doesn't typically have. It's always been one of my beacon of hopes that maybe I could eventually reach somewhat similar.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Kim is 7w8 So-valuer, prolly not sx/so

(sorry, dude, don't start harassing me now coz I stated my genuine energy-based opinion lol)

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    I have always typed 7w6, but lately people have suggested 7w8 ... How do I figure it out?
    You're the nice one.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Kim, sorry for my late response : )

I thought things through and I see you as pretty balanced on both wings..I agree with anndelise, you do have a certain fixtedness/authoritorian presence when something needs to get done or you need to stand your ground. Judging by your writing you seem more 7w6 to me, but you look more 7w8. So...yeah : ). As you asked me, I'm posting my distinction between the two 7's with strongly expressed wings.

The way I see the difference:

7w6: adorable, hyperactive, fast speaking, "all over the place" feel (but not all the time), sometimes antsy body language - 6 wing, have a bigger need to be liked, big on fantasy, personable, self-effacing (this comes from 6 wing - when they make jokes, they are more insecure- they check with the audience, mirror more)

7w8: slower speaking, earthier, grounded/solidified, more masculine feel, reckless, often crude sense of humor - non-apologetic about it, push the envelope too far, but they are still lighthearted most of the time (they are 7's after all). Very independent, more agressive (8 wing)

7w8 are harder around the edges, they see themselves as a special persona - diva-like tendencies. 7w6 is more of a peoples person. They both need to be entertained, but with 7w6 it's more like they are excited playful puppies interested in everything and trying to entertain others when in company and with 7w8 you get a slightly aloof feeling, like you are there to entertain them. They are sometimes probing you with their inappropriate jokes to see if you can take it and are entertaining enough FOR THEM. All 7's have egos though, it's just that 7w8 are more unapologetic about theirs.

7w6 examples: Drew Barrymore, Cameron Diaz, Kate Hudson, Zach Braff, Michael J. Fox, Robbin
    Williams, Ashton Kutcher, Conan O'Brien,...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFKeFlSP_W8
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wfeUDsy2EM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqdSagycCWc
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQF5JF06NYM

7w8 examples: Lucille Bell, Joan Rivers, Amy Winehouse, Howard Stern, Jack Nicholson, Hugh Hefner, Iggy Pop, Sacha Baron Cohen,...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxO9B9j7CbI
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSlHn_au_sI
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnyUIB1_Gz4
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZr8N3g3V9U

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Thank you, lovely peeps. Will respond as soon as I can. <3
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    Based on this I would say that Kim is 7w6
    Yeah, me too, but I don't know her that well.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think what is confusing is the type descriptions (7w6 works better) vs. the actual manifestation of the wings (8 seems more "right"). I feel like when I go into 6 mode and overthink and worry, the 8 push-through puts me back into "natural" let's-do-this-mode (the mode that feels best). Like some sort of correction. Perhaps it works the other way around, too, in that the 6 tempers the 8 impulsiveness?
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    The 7w8 would have liked intensity more, like swerving in front of a truck.
    Maybe only if they do the swerving themselves. <3
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

My impression is 7w8 for you because of the way you express yourself on the forum.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    I have always typed 7w6, but lately people have suggested 7w8 (@William @woofwoofl @mikemex). How do I figure it out?

@darya
    Because I don't see much intellectual fiber but lots of rebel spirit and individualism in you.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikemex View Post
    Because I don't see much intellectual fiber but lots of rebel spirit and individualism in you.
    Thanks for the input, Mike. I think since I am an intellectual for a living, this side might not be immediately apparent in my leisure (forum) time.
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

@Kim, I still think you're not 7w8 - 7w8 is double id (Id - E3, E7, E8: a selfish, primitive, childish, pleasure-oriented part of the personality with no ability to delay gratification), double aggressive, which means it has no problem when it accesses it's badness, amorality and egoistic desires - it doesn't make accuses for it, they usually see themselves as at least somehow corrupt and proud of their their badness and following their instinctual impulses.With you, I get a sense of being more proud of being a moral and fair person and quickly calling out amoral behaviors when you see it in others. I can see the strong superego influences of type 6 in you (Superego - E1, E2, E6, : internalized societal and parental standards of "good" and "bad", "right" and "wrong" behavior.)

Not that 7w8 would never call people out on being assholes, but with you I get a sense like it's a very quick instant reaction of yours to react to dickish/mean behavior - like you're really repelled by that. 7w8 are imo not like that - not when it comes to their behavior, not to others' (assholnes is primal, it is to be expected in others too - they're usually neutral or entertained by it before anything else).7w8 for any kind of NeFi type is very hard for me to imagine anyway.

Rebel spirit and individualism is something that is intristic to every 7, non-individualistic compliant 7 is an oxymoron.