Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Careers

  1. #1
    TheWholeEnglish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Old MacDonald's Farm
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    374
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Careers

    Are there any resources out there that advise on career paths for different socionics types, similar to the way MBTI does?

    Jim, Invisible. "Socionics something something". The16types.info shoutbox; May 15, 2014.

  2. #2
    TheWholeEnglish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Old MacDonald's Farm
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    374
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by McBain View Post
    Near the bottom of the page: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ption-Filatova

    Nothing really extensive as far as I can tell.
    IT DOESN'T SAY COSMETICS STORE MANAGER WHAT AM I GOING TO DO WITH MY LIFE OMGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Jim, Invisible. "Socionics something something". The16types.info shoutbox; May 15, 2014.

  3. #3
    2 EVIL I golden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Several stories high
    TIM
    EIE prob 6
    Posts
    2,969
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    "Sales manager"?

    That list covered all the things I've considered doing, that I have done, that I do, and that I might do. The only missing item is law, except that the only kind of law I might practice is public-interest law, which is a sociopolitical / helping kinda thing.

  4. #4
    TheWholeEnglish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Old MacDonald's Farm
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    374
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GOLDEN View Post
    "Sales manager"?

    That list covered all the things I've considered doing, that I have done, that I do, and that I might do. The only missing item is law, except that the only kind of law I might practice is public-interest law, which is a sociopolitical / helping kinda thing.
    Lol, I totally wanted to study employment law for a while because I hate the way companies treat people and wanted to work for a union. My interest in law was exclusively emotional.

    Jim, Invisible. "Socionics something something". The16types.info shoutbox; May 15, 2014.

  5. #5
    2 EVIL I golden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Several stories high
    TIM
    EIE prob 6
    Posts
    2,969
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheWholeEnglish View Post
    Lol, I totally wanted to study employment law for a while because I hate the way companies treat people and wanted to work for a union. My interest in law was exclusively emotional.
    That's not a bad motivation at all. I have a friend who went into law in order to establish services for renters in Texas who speak English as a second language and get hopelessly jacked around. You'd just want to find a law school that will support your more activist intentions. I'm under the impression that UC Davis might . . . I know they used to give a substantial tuition break to students who worked in the public sector for a given period of time after graduation.

    Not that you said you still want to pursue that or anything.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    TIM
    ILE
    Posts
    67
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheWholeEnglish View Post
    IT DOESN'T SAY COSMETICS STORE MANAGER WHAT AM I GOING TO DO WITH MY LIFE OMGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If youre EIE sweet babies nooo. Dont be a cosmetics store individual!!! you're just going to get supervised by underlings pwning your Si!

  7. #7
    TheWholeEnglish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Old MacDonald's Farm
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    374
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RedMarquee View Post
    If youre EIE sweet babies nooo. Dont be a cosmetics store individual!!! you're just going to get supervised by underlings pwning your Si!
    Are all my employees Si!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

    ...my boss is for sure Fi and it's a pain...

    Jim, Invisible. "Socionics something something". The16types.info shoutbox; May 15, 2014.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    White
    TIM
    FSE
    Posts
    715
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheWholeEnglish View Post
    IT DOESN'T SAY COSMETICS STORE MANAGER WHAT AM I GOING TO DO WITH MY LIFE OMGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Open a bar and $

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Posts
    2,489
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yes gulenko and I think filatova mentions them in the type descriptions. They are quite generic though.

  10. #10
    TheWholeEnglish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Old MacDonald's Farm
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    374
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lagerdemon View Post
    Open a bar and $
    A drive in maybe?

    Jim, Invisible. "Socionics something something". The16types.info shoutbox; May 15, 2014.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •