Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Member Questionnaire (Faun box)

Member Questionnaire 1 (Faun box)
    What is beauty? What is love?
    Beauty is a quality found in inspirational happenings, imagery, etc.; love seems to be an inexplicable connection to a(n) [noun], "inexplicable" being the keyword.
    What are your most important values?
    Intellect, critical thought/consideration, humility, and hope would be the governing ones.
    Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
    I'm an astrologer, which I only mention because it's considered by most to be "spiritual," whereas I think spiritualism only enters the equation when it comes to the fact that it hasn't been proven yet, which is no more than what it is: not yet proven. I was highly skeptical of it before I started studying it a year ago and found that its relevance is uncanny (and it's mostly a matter of calculations and memorization). Otherwise, I'm thoroughly atheistic.
    Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
    War never accomplishes what it was meant to, instead largely resulting in the deaths of innocent people, so it's essentially useless as well as tragic. I don't respect the military because it's filled with folks whose patriotism is misled and generally annoying; the only power I respect at all is mental power: insight, problem solving, etc.
    What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
    I've had long conversations with people about our friends (concerns, hopes, etc.), psychology (I usually commandeer those ones), metaphysics, and hopes for the future, mostly. My interests are culture (esp. diaspora and the linguistics involved with that), metaphysics, and astrology: they offer the knowledge to ponder things beyond myself.
    Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
    I'm excessively focused on my body/health and could be described as a hypochondriac.
    What do you think of daily chores?
    There's no need for chores to be a daily affair—I take care of what needs to be done when it actually needs doing. But if someone told me to carry out chores, I'd end up never doing them out of annoyance.
    Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
    I love The X-Files, Lord of the Rings (books and movies), poetry by Margaret Atwood, Holy the Firm by Annie Dillard, lots of other prose... I don't really like many films/shows but love reading.
    What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
    I have a difficult time crying, but I guess I've felt sad about my friend passing away (it's taken me 5 months to fully realize the reality of it, however) and feeling incapable of making new friends. Humor and hope are contagious: a jovial group of people is all I need to feel better for a while.
    Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
    I feel at one with the environment among an accepting group of people; this is kind of childish, but I basically only feel at peace when I'm respected for my insights by a group of similarly insightful folks.
    What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
    My greatest weakness is definitely irresponsibility, which feels like inertia. I'm very detached from reality and have no clue what to do with it. I dislike how intense I am because it pushes people away; I'm not capable of lightheartedness. I immediately want to talk to people about their ideas of the universe and stuff like that, but I don't think anyone's up for it.
    What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
    I've been called an old soul since I was a little child (I'm not exaggerating—we're talking, like, 4 years old), so I think wisdom is seen as my greatest strength. I appreciate wisdom as a quality, too, but would consider my best traits to be genuine interest in people and curiosity.
    In what areas of your life would you like help?
    I need help setting and accomplishing goals. The world makes no sense to me on a practical level.
    Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
    I'm stuck in a rut right now because I need to know people but am not sure how to do it and need to support myself financially but have no idea how to do that, either. I'm pretty much mildly panicked at all times.
    What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
    I like tenacity and intellect in others and don't care for people who whine often or are needlessly rude; I get along best with Alpha NTs and Beta NFs.
    How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?
    I'm demisexual, which you can look up, if you'd like. I generally know right away whether or not I'm romantically interested in someone (I rarely am), but I'm far from assertive in my advances. I look for a partner who's able to bring me out of my shell, enjoys theoretical discussions, is capable of critical thought, and isn't pessimistic (I find it annoying).
    If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
    I'd want to raise a child with good judgment; I distrusted my own intuition when I was younger and ended up regretting it, so I'd teach them to listen to the little voice in their head. Really, though, the idea of raising a kid is uninteresting.
    A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
    They're probably incorrect in their assertion and haven't considered the issue from all sides (I usually have), so I'd correct them, or else their assertion is based on or about something I haven't researched myself (so my own perspective isn't firm), in which case I'd ask for further information. I'd feel a little shaken up, especially if they were aggressive in their presentation of the idea.
    Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
    I see people as misled and willfully ignorant, but not deserving of hatred, just needing education. When I'm in a bad state (i.e. depressed), I might feel "high and mighty" time-to-time, wondering if others experience life as thoughtfully as I do. I think a truly prevalent social problem is imperialism, as it involves global communities, not just domestic ones.
    How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
    People usually choose me rather than the other way around (I'm too shy to approach anyone I actually admire); I guess I'm somewhat silly around them and like having intellectual discussions about religion, music, etc.
    How do you behave around strangers?
    Very quiet and watchful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can post a few pose-y selfies, too, if that'd help, and possibly a video later on if I'm not getting much feedback.

EDIT: Here are some pictures; again, they're selfies (save the first one, kind of; at least, it's candid), so they're not the most enlightening selections, but I cover my face in most photos taken of me.

tumblr_mx44taqcGl1qgo319o1_1280.jpg
    (On the right.)
    2015-04-25-00-00-43_deco.jpg
    http%3A%2F%2F36.media.tumblr.com%2Fe4265417211c598c4a6933231bb833b5%2Ftumblr_nlos2dvLkN1u4d8tqo1.jpg
    Last edited by Faun box; 04-26-2015 at 10:42 PM.
    6w5 {4w3} 8w9 (Sx/So)
    Probable xII-Ne; possible IxI-Ni
    DCNH Harmonizing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's the typical view-to-reply ratio here? I'm worried I haven't provided enough information or have done something wrong. If you're puzzled and need a video, let me know—it's a hassle for me to record something, upload it, etc. because I have shitty internet, so I wouldn't wanna do it to no avail.

To kick it off, I'm pretty much considering IxI-Ni or xII-Ne.
    Last edited by Faun box; 04-27-2015 at 08:15 AM.
    6w5 {4w3} 8w9 (Sx/So)
    DCNH Harmonizing

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

hey, you are probably IEI just going by stuff like your use of creative metaphors on here or that "Inexplicable" fetish. Also you seem to kinda have (valued) Fe awareness when you talk about how active the group is and how all you need is a cheerful bunch of ppl around to feel happy.

I like your pics. Fancy.
    Last edited by Amber; 04-27-2015 at 02:14 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you very much, both of you! I kind of expected that but am slightly disappointed, considering I've known I'm most likely an INFJ and its related types for a year. I'll get through it, though. ;~)
    6w5 {4w3} 8w9 (Sx/So)
    DCNH Harmonizing