Thread: Member Questionnaire (Orest) +VI

TIM
    INFp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Member Questionnaire (Orest) +VI

I've known socionics for years and have been nearly all types. Something must be wrong with me, so I'm asking for ideas.

VI is bullshit, but I'm curious nonetheless.
    nthing here

Member Questionnaire (Orest)

What is beauty? What is love?
    Baby don't hurt me
    Don't hurt me
    No more

What are your most important values?
    Freedom. Once you're free, you can pursue whatever else you value. Unfortunately the world is full of people who believe they know better than you and believe they have a right to enforce their will on others vote for politicians who enforce their will on others. I'm pretty sensitive when it comes to this.

Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
    Not quite. Kind of. Some religions are fun. If forced to answer, I would say I'm an animist who doesn't identify with any particular set of beliefs. I'm not into those big monotheistic cults. Too formal, too bureaucratic. I like neo-pagan stuff, although I treat it more like a historical reconstruction. But I enjoy it for the mysterious, fairy-like atmosphere.

Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
    Meh. Murder is bad. Simple as that.

What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
    Mostly geek culture, like fantasy novels or video games. RPG and LARP, I enjoy discussing theoretical side of these games. Politics too, although I rarely see eye to eye with people and tend to stay away if I'm not too sure about my interlocutor.
    More often than not, I'm a poor conversationalist. I never partake in small talk, can't tell anecdotes and stay quiet until someone initiates an actually interesting discussion.

Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
    It's only acceptable as a conversation topic after you turn 60.

What do you think of daily chores?
    I don't think anything...

Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
    Yeah, as I said, I'm a fantasy guy and I could probably make a long list of favorites if this questionnaire wasn't so long already. As for films, I'm a HUGE Disney fan, mostly the 90s renaissance and the most recent years.

What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
    I can cry when I watch an extremely good movie. I can smile pretty much anywhere, anytime, enjoying little things.

Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
    When I'm all alone, lie down in grass, bathing in the summer sun, and feel like I don't need anything.
    When chilling in a good company.

What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
    Well, I have trouble standing up for myself. Some would say I'm too reserved, although I actually enjoy some social activities. Some would criticize me for lack of ambitions, but I just have different ambitions than most. And I can be stubborn, but usually for a reason.

What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
    Others - probably agreeableness and an easy-going attitude. I also like my imagination and free-thinking.

In what areas of your life would you like help?
    Send a good amount of money to my bank account, please.

Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
    Yeah, quite often. I hate my studies (control engineering) and can't imagine my future in this field. I dream of travels and of a slow, yet interesting life.

What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
    I hate people who want to control others. I can tolerate everyone else, although I don't like being in company of those materialistic types, who are all about money and judge people based on their career success.
    I lean towards alternative. I usually hang out with subcultures, but never identified with one (and I look casually).

How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?
    I'm an idealist and a helpless romantic. Currently casually dating and I find it somewhat boring. I'd rather find love in an extraordinary, film-like setting/situation.
    There are many mutually exclusive traits I like in women, but most of all I want them to be adventurous and fun. I also prefer "cute" to "sexy". I guess my ideal is some sort of a tomboy with feminine qualities.

If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
    I can't take good care of myself, let alone a child! xD

A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
    I'm cool with it. Unless he says that Fallout 3 is better than New Vegas.

Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
    As I said somewhere in the early questions, I have a problem with people, who want to control others. But even more than them, I despise those who want to be controlled and give power to the former. I want the society to leave me alone. If I was a DnD character, I would be chaotic neutral ^^

How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
    According to my interests.
    I act rather reserved, but the exterior is misleading. I'm more open than the first impression suggests.

How do you behave around strangers?
    Strangers are friends you haven't yet met. I prefer to give people equal treatment. Not that I treat everyone the same, just that I judge people by their character, not by how long we've known each other. I've often had great time hanging out with people whose names I didn't even know and who I would never meet later.
    Last edited by Orest Reinn; 04-26-2015 at 08:26 PM.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

lulz you kinda look like my SEI-Si sp/sx brother when he was in high school and into metal music and horror films and had long hair and stuff. That was ofc before he hooked up with his current ESE gf who showed him the light hidden at the bottom of the earth.
    Last edited by Amber; 04-22-2015 at 06:43 PM.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I get a big alpha vibe.

Alpha irrational probably, so ILE or SEI.

I lean towards SEI except that SEI would tend to have stronger Si- be more confident in taking care of themselves, more interest in health.

I see more introversion than extraversion.

I guess I lean slightly more towards SEI even if not everything fits it perfectly. ILE as a second guess.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hah haven't read all your questions but maybe the same type as Andrew WK? I just think the parallels are interesting. Alpha attitude and long hair. Regardless of the WK comparison, VI-wise you remind me of LIIs I've seen. As you said, VI isn't very reliable... at least not in stills.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think Andrew WK is ILE. That video is hilarious.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    INFp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for replies. I'm mostly leaning towards INFp/IEI atm. I'll elaborate when I'm back home.

TIM
    INFp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nothing here
    Last edited by Orest Reinn; 04-26-2015 at 08:26 PM.