User Tag List

Thread: Hi there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hi there.

Hello, there's a note up at the top saying to introduce myself and post something so my account won't be deleted when they clean up non-posting users, so... here I am, posting.

I'm not super knowledgeable when it comes to socionics, I find it somewhat interesting, but when I try to get into the more... deeper aspects of the theory, my eyes start to glaze a little. I am familiar with the type descriptions (and to a lesser extent the subtypes), the quadras, and sort of the information elements. I probably would be reluctant to type anyone, or even myself at this point however. To be honest, socionics is pretty much just something that once I was exposed to, I couldn't drop, even though sometimes it would be nice not to try to analyze complete strangers by a theory that no one I meet irl has ever heard of. I'm usually more interested in reading anecdotes or someone's perceptions of types, than reading the wiki (but yes, I have read most of the wiki). Though that's not really the best way to get information, which is why I'd be reluctant to throw a type onto someone based off of the knowledge I have. I also have some familiarity with enneagram, and of course MBTI (I like the simplicity of MBTI, but it isn't very useful and seems to be made to make people feel good about themselves, where at least socionics tries to explain human interactions to an extent, and has some down right insulting descriptions at times which makes it much more believable)

I've been reading this forum on and off for several years. It's better entertainment than most reality TV. I'm not sure I have much to say, I despise people who talk about what they don't know and feed misinformation, so will try to refrain from doing so myself by staying silent most of the time, but I wanted to get in an introduction post. That way I always have the option to say something and not get deleted as a non-active user. So this is it.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

welcome to 16t

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, which type are you in MBTI?

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

bye there

you're ILI

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wacey
    welcome to 16t
    Thanks, I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Velvet
    Hi, which type are you in MBTI?
    That's... complicated. I wrote a really long response, but then thought better than to bore you to tears with a wall of text. Let's just say at the moment I relate to ISTJ or ISFJ more than any other MBTI description, and that has been different in the past. While I do think MBTI is great with how simple it is to latch onto a type, and test for it, I think it's also very unreliable, and built to make people feel like special snowflakes. It makes more sense than astrology though, so that's good.

Quote Originally Posted by Amber
    you're ILI
    That was fast. I admit I'm curious why you would think so, but at the same time I realize you don't have much info to work on so I don't expect a response or thorough assessment. For what it's worth, I've seen some of your posts in the past, you seem to know what you're talking about, so I respect your opinion.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Skorvion View Post
    That's... complicated. I wrote a really long response, but then thought better than to bore you to tears with a wall of text. Let's just say at the moment I relate to ISTJ or ISFJ more than any other MBTI description, and that has been different in the past. While I do think MBTI is great with how simple it is to latch onto a type, and test for it, I think it's also very unreliable, and built to make people feel like special snowflakes. It makes more sense than astrology though, so that's good.
    I am not bored to read what people are saying or to listen to what they may want to say. There is a certain biais towards intuition in MBTI, that's true.
    I hope you will discover something new and interesting for you here. Welcome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
    I am not bored to read what people are saying or to listen to what they may want to say. There is a certain biais towards intuition in MBTI, that's true.
    I hope you will discover something new and interesting for you here. Welcome.
    Normally I'm somewhat shy so I appreciate you making me feel welcome, your open mind and your kindness. What MBTI type do you identify with?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Skorvion View Post
    Normally I'm somewhat shy so I appreciate you making me feel welcome, your open mind and your kindness. What MBTI type do you identify with?
    You are most welcome. I actually moved on from MBTI, but I used to test either INFJ or INTJ, my T and F might be balanced.