Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Enneagram types

  1. #1

    Default Enneagram types

    enneagram 9 (SLI, SEI) - Blocked Action with Withdrawn Thought and Aggressive Emotion
    enneagram 8 (SLE, SEE) - Blocked Emotion with Aggressive Action and Aggressive Thought
    enneagram 7 (ILE, IEE) - Blocked Emotion with Aggressive Thought and Withdrawn Action
    enneagram 6 (EII, ESI) - Blocked Thinking with Approval-Seeking Emotion and Withdrawn Action
    enneagram 5 (LII, LSI) - Blocked Action with Withdrawn Thought and Withdrawn Emotion
    enneagram 4 (IEI, ILI) - Blocked Action with Withdrawn Emotion and Approval-Seeking Thought
    enneagram 2 (ESE, EIE) - Blocked Thinking with Approval-Seeking Emotion and Approval-Seeking Action
    enneagram 1 (LIE, LSE) - Blocked Thinking with Approval-Seeking Action and Aggressive Emotion
    Last edited by ConcreteButterfly; 04-11-2015 at 01:38 AM.

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    224
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Type 3?

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ryoka14 View Post
    Type 3?
    I don't think there's a direct link for type 3. it seems like anytime anyone does a habitual action, they're expressing type 3. Type 3 is the conditioned self.
    Last edited by ConcreteButterfly; 04-11-2015 at 03:18 AM.

  4. #4
    darya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Posts
    2,793
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Is this your personal typing system?

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    Is this your personal typing system?
    yeah. the blocked emotion etc. is from here though: http://www.enneagram.net/articles.html

  6. #6
    Poster Nutbag The Exception's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    my own personal bubble
    TIM
    LII-Ne
    Posts
    4,108
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ConcreteButterfly View Post
    enneagram 9 (SLI, SEI) - Blocked Action with Withdrawn Thought and Aggressive Emotion
    enneagram 8 (SLE, SEE) - Blocked Emotion with Aggressive Action and Aggressive Thought
    enneagram 7 (ILE, IEE) - Blocked Emotion with Aggressive Thought and Withdrawn Action
    enneagram 6 (EII, ESI) - Blocked Thinking with Approval-Seeking Emotion and Withdrawn Action
    enneagram 5 (LII, LSI) - Blocked Action with Withdrawn Thought and Withdrawn Emotion
    enneagram 4 (IEI, ILI) - Blocked Action with Withdrawn Emotion and Approval-Seeking Thought
    enneagram 2 (ESE, EIE) - Blocked Thinking with Approval-Seeking Emotion and Approval-Seeking Action
    enneagram 1 (LIE, LSE) - Blocked Thinking with Approval-Seeking Action and Aggressive Emotion
    We are all dysfunctional people at the core.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP



  7. #7
    yeves's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Posts
    1,259
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ConcreteButterfly View Post
    enneagram 9 (SLI, SEI) - Blocked Action with Withdrawn Thought and Aggressive Emotion
    enneagram 8 (SLE, SEE) - Blocked Emotion with Aggressive Action and Aggressive Thought
    enneagram 7 (ILE, IEE) - Blocked Emotion with Aggressive Thought and Withdrawn Action
    enneagram 6 (EII, ESI) - Blocked Thinking with Approval-Seeking Emotion and Withdrawn Action
    enneagram 5 (LII, LSI) - Blocked Action with Withdrawn Thought and Withdrawn Emotion
    enneagram 4 (IEI, ILI) - Blocked Action with Withdrawn Emotion and Approval-Seeking Thought
    enneagram 2 (ESE, EIE) - Blocked Thinking with Approval-Seeking Emotion and Approval-Seeking Action
    enneagram 1 (LIE, LSE) - Blocked Thinking with Approval-Seeking Action and Aggressive Emotion
    what are you trying to say?

  8. #8
    when you see the booty Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    everywhere at once
    Posts
    8,449
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ConcreteButterfly View Post
    enneagram 9 (SLI, SEI) - Blocked Action with Withdrawn Thought and Aggressive Emotion
    enneagram 8 (SLE, SEE) - Blocked Emotion with Aggressive Action and Aggressive Thought
    enneagram 7 (ILE, IEE) - Blocked Emotion with Aggressive Thought and Withdrawn Action
    enneagram 6 (EII, ESI) - Blocked Thinking with Approval-Seeking Emotion and Withdrawn Action
    enneagram 5 (LII, LSI) - Blocked Action with Withdrawn Thought and Withdrawn Emotion
    enneagram 4 (IEI, ILI) - Blocked Action with Withdrawn Emotion and Approval-Seeking Thought
    enneagram 2 (ESE, EIE) - Blocked Thinking with Approval-Seeking Emotion and Approval-Seeking Action
    enneagram 1 (LIE, LSE) - Blocked Thinking with Approval-Seeking Action and Aggressive Emotion
    there is nowhere even close to a 1:1 correlation b/w enneagram and IEs. any attempts to make it happen have been immensely wrong
    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl

    http://forum.socionix.com/
    It's pretty cool

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    there is nowhere even close to a 1:1 correlation b/w enneagram and IEs. any attempts to make it happen have been immensely wrong
    do you think the enneagram and IE's can't be correlated then?

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yeves View Post
    what are you trying to say?
    exactly what it sounds like, this is a possible correlation between enneagram and IE elements. not saying it's 100% true just a possible overlap, feel free to disagree.

  11. #11
    when you see the booty Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    everywhere at once
    Posts
    8,449
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ConcreteButterfly View Post
    do you think the enneagram and IE's can't be correlated then?
    I've seen loose correlations. 1s are exclusively XXXj (maybe?), 2s XXFx, 4s IXFx, 5s IXTx, 7s and 8s EXXx. That's about it really.
    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl

    http://forum.socionix.com/
    It's pretty cool

  12. #12
    Airman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,556
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Here's a list of most likely Socionics types for each Enneagram type I made thinking about it a while ago:

    E9: ISTp, ISFp, INFj, INTj

    E8: ESTp, ESTj, ENTj, ENFj

    E7: ESFj, ESFp, ENFp, ENFj

    E6: INFj, INFp, ESTp, ESTj, INTj, ESFj, ENFj, INTp

    E5: INTp, INTj, ISTj, ISTp, ENTp

    E4: ENFj, ENFp, INFj, ESFj, INFp, ESFp (women), ESFj, ISFp

    E3: ENTj, ESTj, ENFp, ENTp, ENFj, ISFp, ESFp, ESFj

    E2: INFj, ISFj, ISFp, ENFp

    E1: ISTj, ESTj, INTj, INTp, ISFj, ENTj

    This is just a sketch.

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Airman View Post
    Here's a list of most likely Socionics types for each Enneagram type I made thinking about it a while ago:

    E9: ISTp, ISFp, INFj, INTj

    E8: ESTp, ESTj, ENTj, ENFj

    E7: ESFj, ESFp, ENFp, ENFj

    E6: INFj, INFp, ESTp, ESTj, INTj, ESFj, ENFj, INTp

    E5: INTp, INTj, ISTj, ISTp, ENTp

    E4: ENFj, ENFp, INFj, ESFj, INFp, ESFp (women), ESFj, ISFp

    E3: ENTj, ESTj, ENFp, ENTp, ENFj, ISFp, ESFp, ESFj

    E2: INFj, ISFj, ISFp, ENFp

    E1: ISTj, ESTj, INTj, INTp, ISFj, ENTj

    This is just a sketch.
    Nice, what's your reasoning? I noticed for enneagram 5 you listed only 1 extrovert, entp, and practically all extroverts for enneagram 7and 8 and 3. Enneagram 378 are "aggressives" so I guess you are saying they're mostly extroverts. And introverts for enneagram 9. 594 are part of withdrawn triad so they would be likely introverts? Except enneagram 4 which is a mix. 126 are compliants, which would probably be mixed, which seems roughly true from your listing.

  14. #14
    Airman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,556
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ConcreteButterfly View Post
    Nice, what's your reasoning? I noticed for enneagram 5 you listed only 1 extrovert, entp, and practically all extroverts for enneagram 7and 8 and 3. Enneagram 378 are "aggressives" so I guess you are saying they're mostly extroverts. And introverts for enneagram 9. 594 are part of withdrawn triad so they would be likely introverts? Except enneagram 4 which is a mix. 126 are compliants, which would probably be mixed, which seems roughly true from your listing.
    You're right, few E5s are Extroverts, I've only met ENTp E5s extroverts. 3, 7 and 8 are more likely Extroverts for different reasons each, with E3 you have the natural tendency of seeing oneself as the environment sees you, this is basically an extroverted attitude, furthermore all the action that they like also imply extrovert. With E7 you have a more sociable, outgoing, easygoing person who's likely an extrovert. With E8, you cannot but think of a leading Se or Te there, I think it is rare indeed that an E8 has a leading Introverted IE, even if it's Fe as in ENFj or ESFj. E4 is a mix generally feeling types. Like the E5s are generally Thinking types. With E1 rarely a Feeling type, with E2 rarely a Thinking type. With E3 both F and T types may happen, as well as with E6, E7 and E8. With E9 I see strong and or valued Si there, and a difficulty to feel emotions, though I've met some ISFp's E9s. E5 and E9 can resemble each other in their Introvertedness and apparent lack of emotions or disregard for them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •