Japan
    Australia
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All I know is that it feels like Betas and Deltas are plentiful in the US. I'd say Alphas are a somewhat close runner up. Gammas seem sparse here, but maybe there is some sort of bias at work.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think culturally you can have the bias present. But amongst people themselves, I'd side with the law of averages and say its an even spread over a large population.
    I would say that ethically you are still supposed to act as if you have unilateral responsibility; but simultaneously you have to be able to see the other as a fully autonomous, free, aware person.

Medicalizing social problems has the additional benefit of rendering society not responsible for those social ills. If itís a disease, itís nobodyís fault. Yay empiricism.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Distribution of types has to be very similar across countries (form my observation delta ST's and alpha SF's are in abundance, while Beta NF's and gamma NT's seem very rare), it's more of a big city/rural area difference. And also values that are different from country to country, so as a whole the country has certain quadra spirit, not more individuals of said quadra.

Balkan region is very Beta in values. Si, Te and Fi are more devalued the more south you go.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I always thought the United States was more beta/gamma, SLE/LIE like, Canada was more delta-ish.

North Korea- unhealthy beta LSI dictatorship
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

United states is a pretty big place and varies from many different extremes to everything in the middle. So I'm sure you're all right.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Alpha

United States of America
    Canada
    Ireland
    Korea

Beta:

Russia
    Eastern Europe
    South America
    Africa

Gamma

Western Europe

Delta

Northern Europe
    Japan
    Australia
    I think you will find they are evenly distributed ahem.

Edit: Oh wait, I thought this was a joke, it's not.

What about Spain?

TIM
    &*self
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I wouldn't say gamma are sparse...just not as immediately noticeable. They're all in their offices making power plays, navigating stupid rules, assuring their positions are good

Also I notice a trend where you've placed shitty places to live as Beta, and America's former lapdogs as Delta(assuming you include Germany as Northern Europe).

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ouronis View Post
    Also I notice a trend where you've placed shitty places to live as Beta, and America's former lapdogs as Delta(assuming you include Germany as Northern Europe).
    As a Beta I'd much rather live in "shitty" and chaotic South America than in Japan or US (except NYC), tyvm : )

TIM
    &*self
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    As a Beta I'd much rather live in "shitty" and chaotic South America than in Japan or US (except NYC), tyvm : )
    Well, have fun with that. I wasn't really speaking about South America, though, as I don't know much about it. I do know there are some good places to live though,along with the slums. I'm sure that's true about all those places, but in general, in those places any one person is going to have less of a chance of having an affluent life(in some absolute standard, as opposed to relative).

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Well, have fun with that. I wasn't really speaking about South America, though, as I don't know much about it. I do know there are some good places to live though,along with the slums. I'm sure that's true about all those places, but in general, in those places any one person is going to have less of a chance of having an affluent life(in some absolute standard, as opposed to relative).
    Lol, I'm having fun with it every day since I was born Yes, people are on average poorer in these areas. They don't seem any less happy or neurotic on average though.

Just don't see the supposed obvious correlation between shitty and poorer.

TIM
    &*self
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Lol, I'm having fun with it every day since I was born Yes, people are on average poorer in these areas. They don't seem any less happy or neurotic on average though.

Just don't see the supposed obvious correlation between shitty and poorer.
    Affluent means more than poor, I suppose. It has more to do with the standard of living you experience than the money in your pocket. Think important things like health, education, etc. I'm not saying you can't be happy with the place you've carved out for yourself in those societies, because trust me, I would kill to live in a less neurotic place(or just...be less neurotic lol). Affluence is not measured by how many Starbucks or Panera Breads there are, it's how much of the bullshit of life has turned positive. If you want to PM me, I'm actually pretty curious to hear what daily life is like in South America, but I think I'd rather not derail this thread further.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Affluent means more than poor, I suppose. It has more to do with the standard of living you experience than the money in your pocket. Think important things like health, education, etc. I'm not saying you can't be happy with the place you've carved out for yourself in those societies, because trust me, I would kill to live in a less neurotic place(or just...be less neurotic lol). Affluence is not measured by how many Starbucks or Panera Breads there are, it's how much of the bullshit of life has turned positive. If you want to PM me, I'm actually pretty curious to hear what daily life is like in South America, but I think I'd rather not derail this thread further.
    Agreed, basic needs have to be met otherwise life is pretty shitty. I'm not from S America though, unfortunately : ) I'm from Eastern Europe (or is it technically Central - well, not first world by gdp anyway).

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Theres some old thread on the quadra dominances per country.

I believe USA was gamma and now is transitioning to delta. Makes a bit of sense with Delta having the sustainment notion associated with them. Beta had the revolutions in the 60-70's. Moved into Gamma before and during the economic boom (bubble?) and now we seem to be moving away from growth economically and into the sustainment of our quality of life. I think Obama put in some good work economically for the future (ESI I believe) but I think the next Republican in office will try to dismantle alot of that in favor of immediate benefit, which is more of a judicious thing. Probably fall right back into delta.

I believe it goes something akin to -
    Alpha pushes ideas into the cultural consciousness to improve society
    Beta uses that as fuel to restructure the system and quo
    Gamma sharpens and refines the system to get the maximum benefit
    Delta sustains the system to keep it functional for as long as possible.

Then something like widespread racism or some other giant problem fuels Alpha back into motion and starts the cycle anew.
    I would say that ethically you are still supposed to act as if you have unilateral responsibility; but simultaneously you have to be able to see the other as a fully autonomous, free, aware person.

Medicalizing social problems has the additional benefit of rendering society not responsible for those social ills. If itís a disease, itís nobodyís fault. Yay empiricism.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

I wouldn't say gamma are sparse...just not as immediately noticeable. They're all in their offices making power plays, navigating stupid rules, assuring their positions are good

Germany is Western/Central Europe

Agreed, basic needs have to be met otherwise life is pretty shitty. I'm not from S America though, unfortunately : ) I'm from Eastern Europe (or is it technically Central - well, not first world by gdp anyway).
    You are in Central Europe like me

TIM
    &*self
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    Germany is Western/Central Europe

You are in Central Europe like me
    I've seen it referred to as either