Results 1 to 36 of 36

Thread: Top 10 reasons sensors are better than intuitives

  1. #1

    Default Top 10 reasons sensors are better than intuitives

    found this on reddit and wanted to share, i don't really agree but it's funny anyway
    and the part about sensors being better at survival is probably true

    I'm still seeing intuitives talk about how sensor minds are blank so I thought I would correct them.
    1: Sensors are more practical. Intuitives will obsess about useless theory and abstractions for no reason.
    2: Sensors are more darwin than intuitives. Sensors outnumber intuitives by a large margin because they were better at surviving in the past. Intuitives are clumsy and uncoordinated due to a lack of connection with the real world and their bodies.
    3: Sensors have better memory than intuitives. Intuitives are well known for having terrible memories because they are not in touch with the real world. Lots of intuitives are not even sure if life is real or a dream because their memory is so bad.
    4: Sensors are more realistic than intuitives. Intuitives get caught up in fantasy worlds, conspiracies and self delusions. They never know what's real.
    5: Sensors are more attractive to the opposite sex. There is nothing attractive about having weird eccentric interests. Most intuitives are autistic neckbeards.
    6: Sensors are tougher than intuitives. Most intuitives end up being bullied in ******. Intuitives are bad at sports or anything requiring body coordination since they are bad at operating in the moment. There is nothing intimidating about intuitives.
    7: Sensors are smarter. Intuitives like to think they are smarter because they got screwed over on the other stuff. But nope sensors have both. Sensors won't waste their time on useless theory that amounts to nothing. Sensors will actually apply the theory they think about and produce something of value that's realistic which makes for better innovation. Intuitives rely on their intuition to blindly process information unchecked and spit out answers of questionable reliability. Which is fine if you are taking a test but bad for everything else.
    8: Sensors enjoy life more fully than intuitives. Intuitives don't even live in real life.
    9: Society values sensor traits more than they do intuitive traits. Nobody wants to be a weakling that likes to talk about weird things. Most celebrities are sensors.
    10: Sensors are better at being creative than intuitives. Most of the best pop singers, artists, writers and movie directors are sensors. SPs are called the creators for a reason.
    bonus: Thomas Edison was Istp and he invented the modern world. Tesla was intj and lived in his shadow.
    bonus 2: Most conquerors were sensors. Alexander the Great was an estp.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/sensor/comme...an_intuitives/

  2. #2
    dugga dugga dun Narc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    TIM
    Ni-ENTj 8w9 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,288
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

    Default

    Eh, I'm ENTj and I have to walk sensing types through basic parts of life all the time.

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Narc View Post
    Eh, I'm ENTj and I have to walk sensing types through basic parts of life all the time.
    such as?

  4. #4
    ■■■■■■ Radio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,574
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    reason #1 for why i never argue typology, ****** do not understand the most fundamental aspects of functional cognition, or how you adapt a form of information processing because it is externally advatanegeous and/or rewarding either psychologically or rewarding in the more material sense of acceptance, love, prizes, money, success, etc. essentially the reason you are who you are today is because you were rewarded in a greater measure for being a certain way... to mold you into your current shape.*

    instead typology is treated as a tool to feed ******'s own narcissism where a type is an identity and you are the protagonist of a heroic quest against all oppression and evil in the world because you were born such a special fucking snowflake.

    * of course, it's possible that after a certain point, what was initially rewarding might not be rewarding anymore; your external circumstances change, or maybe your internal motivations change, and it what you're comfortable being is no longer accepted. but you are never something just because. you're not N or S just because; you are N or S because your entire life tipped you towards being your current self.

  5. #5
    dugga dugga dun Narc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    TIM
    Ni-ENTj 8w9 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,288
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ConcreteButterfly View Post
    such as?
    From recent memory: resetting router settings, literally finding the 'on' button on a printer, cooking without setting food on fire, turning the gas on to start a barbecue, structuring an essay properly, cleaning a floor properly, showing someone how to tie a necktie, stopping a front loader from flooding, packing a large amount of things into a car properly to maximise use of space quickly, etc.

    There's a whole bunch.

  6. #6
    Word Definition Warrior – WDW Troll Nr 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    dispersed into the cosmos
    TIM
    H-ILE-Ne 7w6-2w1-1w9
    Posts
    1,954
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have some sort of inferiotity complex towards Sensing. Many sensors have serious inferiority complex towards intuition. I can pretty much admit my weakness and sensors usually do the same thing.
    The real things talks about more of Se-Ni axis whereas Si-Ne likes more to marinate themselves in their own juices. Though this could talk more about irrationals vs rationals.

  7. #7
    24601 ClownsandEntropy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    TIM
    LII, 5w6
    Posts
    670
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Narc View Post
    Eh, I'm ENTj and I have to walk sensing types through basic parts of life all the time.
    Top 10 reasons ENTj's are better than everyone else
    Warm Regards,



    Clowns & Entropy

  8. #8
    OSG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    TIM
    ILI-INTp E5
    Posts
    43
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think it is a waste of time to discuss who is better, because that's like comparing apples and oranges.

    each have their own advantages and disadvantages and they are different so each type can help the rest.
    everyone has a gift to make the world better but the gift of one person isn't enough by itself.

    I like SLIs hard work and commitment
    I like IEIs ability to read the emotions of others and make them feel better
    I like SEEs ability to enjoy life
    I like IEEs ability to come up with hundreds of ideas
    ... and so on.

    As you can see each type is great in his own way, and no one is perfect.

    But, this reason really caught my attention
    2: Sensors are more darwin than intuitives. Sensors outnumber intuitives by a large margin because they were better at surviving in the past.
    Who said that sensing and intuition are inheritable traits?

  9. #9
    Kill4Me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Posts
    1,515
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    that is a pretty stupid article...the other night I drove home from a place about forty minutes away....at nighttime....highway, traffic, weaving in and out of cars....scaring the hell out of little old ladies on the road as they whip out their cell phones to dial the state troopers. finally get home....i pull in my driveway and go to shut the lights off on my car only to realize I had never turned them on. not once did it occur to me that they were even off. funniest part was i was perfectly sober. I'm just that darn good of a driver. Now rewind to 2014...early january the fuses die on my regular car lights and so I kept putting off on getting new ones. must've been a solid five months of that year I'm driving around at night with just my high beams on.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    TIM
    9w1
    Posts
    2,775
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    unholy water sanguine addiction

  11. #11
    bolong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    626
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Whoa, socionics is on reddit? I will be sure to stay the fuck away from that cesspool

  12. #12
    what is essential is invisible to the eye fox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Space
    TIM
    Seer
    Posts
    12,804
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

    Default

    Sensors also tend to be more impulsive, therefore getting themselves into trouble more. They don't think things through as much as intuitives.

    10: Sensors are better at being creative than intuitives. Most of the best pop singers, artists, writers and movie directors are sensors. SPs are called the creators for a reason.
    Lol nope

    Also, most pop singers who are sensors are manufactured as hell.
    Last edited by fox; 04-17-2015 at 04:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    betas should be kept in zoos for children to stare and throw pop corn at.

  13. #13
    Glorious Member mu4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mind
    Posts
    7,966
    Mentioned
    568 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maithili View Post
    Whoa, socionics is on reddit? I will be sure to stay the fuck away from that cesspool
    It's ok, we can all be hipster hereeeeee....


  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Posts
    2,489
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Sensors are better than intuitives. If it wasn't for sensors intuitives would die out because they couldn't look after themself or the things involved needed to make our communities ie build a house, build sewage systems, hot water, transport food. Intuitives can't do anything.

  15. #15
    what is essential is invisible to the eye fox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Space
    TIM
    Seer
    Posts
    12,804
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Words View Post
    Sensors are better than intuitives. If it wasn't for sensors intuitives would die out because they couldn't look after themself or the things involved needed to make our communities ie build a house, build sewage systems, hot water, transport food. Intuitives can't do anything.
    Without intuitives you wouldn't have the Internet. Or computers. Or electricity. Or socionics.
    Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    betas should be kept in zoos for children to stare and throw pop corn at.

  16. #16
    rob timidly hacim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    personal space station
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    342
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Neither is better. Without sensors, we'd probably all be extinct from starvation; without intuitives, we'd probably still be using stone tools. That's why in duality having a N-S pair is important.

  17. #17
    The Iniquitous inumbra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    954
    Posts
    5,989
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hacim View Post
    Neither is better. Without sensors, we'd probably all be extinct from starvation; without intuitives, we'd probably still be using stone tools. That's why in duality having a N-S pair is important.
    Quote Originally Posted by Words View Post
    Sensors are better than intuitives. If it wasn't for sensors intuitives would die out because they couldn't look after themself or the things involved needed to make our communities ie build a house, build sewage systems, hot water, transport food. Intuitives can't do anything.
    really? so terrible. there are very probably not two distinct types of people that are genetically determined (reality is not that simple and *people* are not that simple)... so there can't be a "die out" of one of the "types." also, this whole thing about all intuitives being incapable of looking after themselves is kind of pitiful; as is the assumption that all sensors are near-masters at looking after themselves. i'm just imagining some terrible person looking at another and saying, all starry eyed, "you're a SENSOR! you can build a SEWAGE SYSTEM." i mean, *i* can't build a sewage system because i'm an INTUITIVE. all i can do is draw childish pictures and talk about poo.

  18. #18
    Queen of the Damned Aylen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    MACS0647-JD
    TIM
    SEER ~ 458 sx/sp
    Posts
    9,888
    Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Words View Post
    Sensors are better than intuitives. If it wasn't for sensors intuitives would die out because they couldn't look after themself or the things involved needed to make our communities ie build a house, build sewage systems, hot water, transport food. Intuitives can't do anything.
    Yah, and we would have no one to ask for directions or read a map or...



    Intuitives would fade away...

    Everything is everything...

    "When I ought to be thinking of heaven he will nail me to earth"

     







  19. #19
    Queen of the Damned Aylen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    MACS0647-JD
    TIM
    SEER ~ 458 sx/sp
    Posts
    9,888
    Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by inumbra View Post
    really? so terrible. there are very probably not two distinct types of people that are genetically determined (reality is not that simple and *people* are not that simple)... so there can't be a "die out" of one of the "types." also, this whole thing about all intuitives being incapable of looking after themselves is kind of pitiful; as is the assumption that all sensors are near-masters at looking after themselves. i'm just imagining some terrible person looking at another and saying, all starry eyed, "you're a SENSOR! you can build a SEWAGE SYSTEM." i mean, *i* can't build a sewage system because i'm an INTUITIVE. all i can do is draw childish pictures and talk about poo.
    In this scenario can I still choose options 1 or 2 from the other thread?

    "When I ought to be thinking of heaven he will nail me to earth"

     







  20. #20
    lynn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    TIM
    IEI-Fe 4-5/6-9 so/sx
    Posts
    764
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    honestly .. i sort of agree with this ...
    "8: Sensors enjoy life more fully than intuitives. Intuitives don't even live in real life." i would trade being ni-ego against being any kind of sensing type any time .. when i first talked to this SLE i know who has the amazing capability of describing things he experienced most vividly/intensely and i was like .. alright, if that's a way of experiencing life then i totally wasted mine. i want to live in a world of velocity, gravity, physicality, kinetic energy, texture and what else, too ... who cares if you can't anticipate even the most basic things and impulsively end up in all kinds of stupid situations, that's cool in a way.. at least it's a way of experiencing life as it is (with all senses too). (oh, and Si is also cool if you're an arty avantgarde SEI musician .. xD) i'm genuinely jealous ...

  21. #21
    rob timidly hacim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    personal space station
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    342
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by inumbra View Post
    really? so terrible. there are very probably not two distinct types of people that are genetically determined (reality is not that simple and *people* are not that simple)... so there can't be a "die out" of one of the "types." also, this whole thing about all intuitives being incapable of looking after themselves is kind of pitiful; as is the assumption that all sensors are near-masters at looking after themselves. i'm just imagining some terrible person looking at another and saying, all starry eyed, "you're a SENSOR! you can build a SEWAGE SYSTEM." i mean, *i* can't build a sewage system because i'm an INTUITIVE. all i can do is draw childish pictures and talk about poo.
    Realize that I am exaggerating to make a point. I am capable of taking care of myself just as sensors are capable of coming up with new things.

  22. #22
    both sides, now wacey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Canada
    TIM
    9w8
    Posts
    3,282
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by inumbra View Post
    really? so terrible. there are very probably not two distinct types of people that are genetically determined (reality is not that simple and *people* are not that simple)... so there can't be a "die out" of one of the "types." also, this whole thing about all intuitives being incapable of looking after themselves is kind of pitiful; as is the assumption that all sensors are near-masters at looking after themselves. i'm just imagining some terrible person looking at another and saying, all starry eyed, "you're a SENSOR! you can build a SEWAGE SYSTEM." i mean, *i* can't build a sewage system because i'm an INTUITIVE. all i can do is draw childish pictures and talk about poo.
    HAHAHAHA!
    "If this to end in fire, then we should all burn together. Watch the flames climb higher into the night."

  23. #23

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    455
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hacim View Post
    Without sensors, we'd probably all be extinct from starvation;
    You mean they can be eaten?

    without intuitives, we'd probably still be using stone tools.
    You say that as if it would have been a bad thing.

  24. #24
    rob timidly hacim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    personal space station
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    342
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ananke View Post
    You mean they can be eaten?
    If you want to interpret it that way.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ananke View Post
    You say that as if it would have been a bad thing.
    And it would be.

  25. #25

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    455
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hacim View Post
    If you want to interpret it that way
    what is your interpretation?

    And it would be.
    as far as i can tell, it's mostly intuitors who haven't managed the transition well, i guess that1s the irony

  26. #26
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Berlin
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Posts
    5,421
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lim View Post
    honestly .. i sort of agree with this ...
    "8: Sensors enjoy life more fully than intuitives. Intuitives don't even live in real life." i would trade being ni-ego against being any kind of sensing type any time .. when i first talked to this SLE i know who has the amazing capability of describing things he experienced most vividly/intensely and i was like .. alright, if that's a way of experiencing life then i totally wasted mine. i want to live in a world of velocity, gravity, physicality, kinetic energy, texture and what else, too ... who cares if you can't anticipate even the most basic things and impulsively end up in all kinds of stupid situations, that's cool in a way.. at least it's a way of experiencing life as it is (with all senses too). (oh, and Si is also cool if you're an arty avantgarde SEI musician .. xD) i'm genuinely jealous ...

    Si lives in its own head more than Ni imo. Filter every bit of the world around you through what feels most comfortable to the habits of your bod and you get Si. It has a "rotten" and repetitive quality to it. Si are those ppl who always go on vacation in the same places coz it feels familiar and "safe", prepare the same kinda food, teach their kids to do what their own moms taught them regardless of their own personality, wear clothes they are used to tho fashion trends say smth. else and so on. When I think of Si, I think of Plato's cave. There's a weird distance from what's really out there and a strong connection to the past.

  27. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Posts
    2,489
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amber View Post
    Si lives in its own head more than Ni imo. Filter every bit of the world around you through what feels most comfortable to the habits of your bod and you get Si. It has a "rotten" and repetitive quality to it. Si are those ppl who always go on vacation in the same places coz it feels familiar and "safe", prepare the same kinda food, teach their kids to do what their own moms taught them regardless of their own personality, wear clothes they are used to tho fashion trends say smth. else and so on. When I think of Si, I think of Plato's cave. There's a weird distance from what's really out there and a strong connection to the past.
    Who isn't a creature of habit?

    I am not so sure monotony can be ascribed to a function, for instance plenty of type descriptions give Si as experience junkies. I think vitality is something to consider which is not type related.

    Besides I think this thread has been largely tongue in cheek.

  28. #28
    both sides, now wacey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Canada
    TIM
    9w8
    Posts
    3,282
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ananke View Post


    as far as i can tell, it's mostly intuitors who haven't managed the transition well, i guess that1s the irony
    good point.
    "If this to end in fire, then we should all burn together. Watch the flames climb higher into the night."

  29. #29
    both sides, now wacey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Canada
    TIM
    9w8
    Posts
    3,282
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amber View Post
    Si lives in its own head more than Ni imo. Filter every bit of the world around you through what feels most comfortable to the habits of your bod and you get Si. It has a "rotten" and repetitive quality to it. Si are those ppl who always go on vacation in the same places coz it feels familiar and "safe", prepare the same kinda food, teach their kids to do what their own moms taught them regardless of their own personality, wear clothes they are used to tho fashion trends say smth. else and so on. When I think of Si, I think of Plato's cave. There's a weird distance from what's really out there and a strong connection to the past.
    Actually kind of true. There is a stagnant quality to Si, which is probably why it pairs so well with Ne.
    "If this to end in fire, then we should all burn together. Watch the flames climb higher into the night."

  30. #30
    Poster Nutbag The Exception's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    my own personal bubble
    TIM
    LII-Ne
    Posts
    4,108
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amber View Post
    Si lives in its own head more than Ni imo. Filter every bit of the world around you through what feels most comfortable to the habits of your bod and you get Si. It has a "rotten" and repetitive quality to it. Si are those ppl who always go on vacation in the same places coz it feels familiar and "safe", prepare the same kinda food, teach their kids to do what their own moms taught them regardless of their own personality, wear clothes they are used to tho fashion trends say smth. else and so on. When I think of Si, I think of Plato's cave. There's a weird distance from what's really out there and a strong connection to the past.
    This sounds more like the stereotype of Si that goes around in MBTI circles.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP



  31. #31
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Berlin
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Posts
    5,421
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chips and underwear View Post
    This sounds more like the stereotype of Si that goes around in MBTI circles.
    mby that aspect is overstated in MBTI, but I don't see how it contradicts Socio-Si.

    I find it very realistic ..it describes all the SEI-Sis in my family (brother, aunt, and grandfather).

  32. #32
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    2,525
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't know if Sensors are “better” than Intuitives, but I don't think we can do without each other.


    I think sensing can be attractive if you are an Intuitive, and intuition can be attractive if you are a Sensor, but one's opinion of the other might change if one could switch and experience both. On the other hand, some people just don't appreciate differences.


    I visited my Sensor parents a few months ago. They have a beautiful house, very tastefully decorated, and even though I earn considerably more than my father, my house looks like a temporary camp, because I'm an Intuitive with poor sensing and I don't care enough about aesthetics to do anything about it. On this visit, I tried to obliquely explain to them why I had felt like an alien for my entire childhood, attributing it to being an Intuitive raised by Sensors. I basically had skills that they didn't value. I started to explain to them that the role of Sensors in society is to stabilize society, and my role in society is to anticipate and handle unusual events, and this difference explains why I have several patents and am interested in reading, in leading technologies, and in planning the future. My mother responded with “Don't think you're special! You're not special!”


    Well, of course I'm not special, but I'm not common, either. I've read descriptions of the percentage of each type, and Sensors seem to far outnumber Intuitives.
    http://wambly.weebly.com/descriptive...-acronyms.html
    I've wondered why this might be.


    Jung thought that, in interacting with the world, people needed sensing to tell them “what is”, thinking to give it a name, feeling to decide how important it is, and intuition to understand what we can do with it. It would be strange to think that we could entirely do without any of these functions.


    But a preference for using one function over another results in very different behavior, and these behaviors produce very different kinds of societies. If only Intuitives ran the world, education and books would be free, but the best we've been able to do is libraries and the internet. Also, we'd all be dead, for reasons I will assert. If only Sensors ran the world, well, I'm not sure what would be free, but I can guess. And we'd also all be dead. Here's why.


    I looked at the statistics for the number of patents (or even new, revolutionary ideas) per man-year, going back to very primitive societies. Without splitting hairs as to what constitutes a new invention, the number of new inventions per man-year seems to be increasing. I believe the reason for this is that societies now are more robust, and are better defended against disrupting ideas. In Biblical times, no one knew about germs, so rules about drinking water, burying corpses, and butchering animals were based on trail and error. And sometimes, making an error would kill the whole tribe. So changes and new “inventions” were looked upon with justified suspicion. In other words, inventors were usually extremely dangerous.


    If you look at the characteristics of most Sensors, you will find that they are very, very good at seeing the world as it is, and making the best of what they have right now, right in front of them. Intuitives, on the other hand, spend most of their time dreaming of possibilities and improvements over the present situation.


    If the world were a static place, there would be no need for Intuitives. Basically, once the experiential rules are worked out, changing them is crazy risky. But the world is not static, and even if the village Elders swear that throwing a virgin into the volcano every few years prevents it from erupting (because it has worked great for as long as anyone remembers), an Intuitive might ask if moving the village to a place where the lava won't flow over everyone's home might not result in more virgins being available for better purposes. But then, those Elders would have to give up their homes, and for what, really?


    So, if you were God or Evolution or the Easter Bunny, and were building a society and could have as many of any type in it as you chose, how many Stable-Preservers (Sensors) would you have, and how many Anticipator-Disruptors (Intuitives) would you have? The answer would depend on the rate of change that you programmed into your world, and how fast fatalities spread from natural disasters verses man-made disasters.


    I think those two relative rates determine the percentage of dominant Sensors and Intuitives in societies. I'm not sure of the exact mechanism operating here, but I'll bet there is one.

  33. #33

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    455
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    @Adam Strange, you don't understand socionics, nor do you know what intuition and sensing are in socionics. In passages, you mix up the extraversion dichotomy with intuition and introversion with sensing. In passages you mix up the static dichotomy with sensing and dynamic with intuition, and many places you mix up Te with intuition and F-functions with sensing. I could elaborate, but you are so far from understanding it, I don't know where to start, so I just start by saying you should probably think of doing something about your understanding.

    (let the above be an example of Se seeing "what is" ^^^)

    Edit: As for the latter part of your post, it is interesting, but I'm not sure that mechanism can ever be figured out, as the differences between Se and Si or between Ne and Ni are - in this context - bigger than between S and N.
    Last edited by Ananke; 04-19-2015 at 07:20 AM.

  34. #34
    Haikus
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    MI
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    10,060
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hey now, just because most people are straight, sensor, logical thinking-over emotional, white, cruel, republican and dumb doesn't mean that it's better or anything. Coal is more common than a diamond, after all.

  35. #35
    Chains's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,305
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    I just figured "intuitives" was a social construct to elicit a sense of superiority over fellow human beings and is not to confused with humans who have reached the formal operational stage of cognitive development.

  36. #36
    bolong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    626
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mu4 View Post
    It's ok, we can all be hipster hereeeeee....

    Not trying to be hipster at all, I genuinely hate what reddit has become. Too many bitter NTs who haven't seen daylight or emotional warmth in a long time, does that sound like a nice place to hang out?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •