Thread: Ni Doms, do you relate to this description/example?

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ni Doms, do you relate to this description/example?

Maybe you've seen this or maybe you haven't. Either way I find his example he gives of an Ni dominant really interesting. Jung's describes Ni in a way that sounds like some of the MBTI descriptions and socionic descriptions combined. It's rather strange to me.

Starts at 5:00

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's really important to distinguish intuition the function from intuition the MBTI dichotomy, aka N, which verily includes a lot of things that fall equally in intuition and thinking. Plenty of MBTI NT types are actually people who repress intuition, and likely people Jung would've classified as sensation and thinking types.

As note, Jung's original type diagnosis of himself was an introverted thinking dominant with secondary sensation.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In that interview you link to of course, he changes that and says he had a great deal of intuition and was characterized by thinking ("I always thought, from early childhood on" if I interpreted his garbled noises correctly), had a definite difficulty with feeling, and was often at variance with the reality of things (aka inferior sensation and feeling, and superior thinking and intuition).

Intuition basically is like a skip in consciousness, and Jung's description of introverted intuitive types strongly suggested that they saw visions they could not connect back to themselves/their own lives, the reason being that one's (conscious sense of) life and identity are generally given by the ego, the centrum of consciousness - naturally when consciousness habitually experiences such skips, and in his lingo, perceives the unconscious, it is difficult to the extreme to say what the precise relation is of the reported contents to consciousness. There needs to be greater contiguity of consciousness before such relations can be drawn, and intuition when prioritized precisely disturbs such contiguity.

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do relate, but it's in my personal thoughts. It's what's going on in my head to myself. Letting it out makes me look crazy. And indulging it seems neurotic. It's much easier to have the thoughts to myself, stop it, and then interact without making them known to others.

might sound kind of shady though, i suppose. can't much help it,,,

But I don't know, metaphors make more sense to me over the literal.