Thread: difference between SEI and EII from Dumas

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default difference between SEI and EII from Dumas

So every spring I like to reread "the count of monte cristo" and its that time. I came across a passage which struck as "wow, this is very much like an SEI" and I want to compare that to the relations or difference between that type and EII. edmond is imprisoned and Faria has dug himself into Edmond's cell, discovering that he's in the opposite direction from where he would like to be and is now saddened that his years of hard labor to try to escape are fruitless. edmond is trying to encourage him to begin over again. "Escape had never once occured to him [Dantes]," Dumas writes. continuing, " There are, indeed some things which appear so impossible that the mind does not dwell on them for an instant." then Dumas beings to list all the things that could go wrong with such an attempt at escape. These difficulties were so startling that Dantes had not dremt of the scheme and giving up. In reading this I considered the negativist attitude. though on one hand to not think of possibilities is an easy way to resign it can also lead an SEI towards a venture that is more conservative and likely to succeed which is what he offered to his dual who comes up with so many ideas that some indeed have short futures or prospects. How does this passage strike differently from EII? It's that when in such a confining situation an EII will likely not see the negatives and try them also will dwell on the things that an SEI won't further submitting themselves in deep emotional states. internalizing hope or hope lost as an SEI would may get both to the same conclusion "well if I can't find a way out then this is my fate and i will die here...maybe I will kill myself" so both could come to the same end but maybe the same end is a part of human nature that is within all of us.

what do you think?
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 03-28-2015 at 08:02 PM.

TIM
    468 so/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be honest, I think SEI and EII are basically the same type on the surface. I can be quick to notice their softness and lightness on the environment. EIIs, especially. They look as if they would cry if you threw a marshmallow at them (lmao, no offense).

When you get to know them on a deeper level, though, it is clear that the SEI is "merrier". They want to create pleasant emotional atmosphere on the present moment. EII is more focused, I think, or maybe even more worried/aware of time.
    "If Will stops and cries Why, invoking Because, then Will stops & does nought. If Power asks why, then is Power weakness".

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thelema View Post
    To be honest, I think SEI and EII are basically the same type on the surface. I can be quick to notice their softness and lightness on the environment. EIIs, especially. They look as if they would cry if you threw a marshmallow at them (lmao, no offense).

When you get to know them on a deeper level, though, it is clear that the SEI is "merrier". They want to create pleasant emotional atmosphere on the present moment. EII is more focused, I think, or maybe even more worried/aware of time.
    It's that S allows people to live in the moment and N feels stressed about time's. The N in me subconscious rushes because I feel like time is going to escape and it will be too late. I'll paint in a frenzied state one after another or I'll write day and night because I feel as though soon very soon it will be too late. Also I feel like I don't have enough time. I worry I won't be able to have kids because it's become too late while my bf constantly reassures me that I still have time

TIM
    9w1
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    I worry I won't be able to have kids because it's become too late while my bf constantly reassures me that I still have time
    From a technical POV?
    unholy water sanguine addiction

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kalinoche View Post
    From a technical POV?
    That it will be too late as in it will be too dangerous to have a child past a certain age

TIM
    9w1
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    That it will be too late as in it will be too dangerous to have a child past a certain age
    assessing his input is up to you, although I do wonder what the advice of your close female relatives is/would be
    unholy water sanguine addiction