Thread: Claustrophobia

Default Claustrophobia

are some types more likely to be claustrophobic than others? Introverts more than extroverts?

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

are some types more likely to be claustrophobic than others?
    no more than deaf, dumb, and blind....

Introverts more than extroverts?
    Introversion isn't an illness. Introversion is a competency. Extroversion is, too. Your question is deaf, dumb, and blind.

TIM
    SEER ~ 458 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)

I am claustrophobic sometimes. Like when people hang on me or hug me too tight. I don't like to have the sheets tucked in and I don't want to be spooned in bed but I don't feel trapped if I am the one spooning hahah I think because I am on the petite side and I don't cover much space on their body. When it is reversed I feel completely enveloped and can't breathe. I don't like small enclosed spaces but I used to hide in closets when I was upset. Sometimes I put the blankets over my head when I feel scared. Like when I wake up alone in darkened room but then I feel claustrophobic and have to get over the fear and turn on a light or TV. I just hate feeling trapped.

"When I ought to be thinking of heaven he will nail me to earth"

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

any socionics type can be claustrophobic....the way they pick up on things closing in and the things they pick up on as closing in vary with the FUNCTIONS

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Claustrophobia applies to all types, not just introverts. Just like how being an introvert doesn't mean you don't have extroverted tendencies and vice versa. The matter of how a person goes about handling claustrophobia can apply to their functions, but actually feeling trapped and confined in small spaces is more of a primitive instinct. Basically, what claustrophobia is applies to everyone whereas the how applies to the type. I know I definitely do not like small spaces and I hate when people touch me just because they can. It's irritating. In those kinds of situations, I can get out of them a good amount of the time, however, the feeling of confinement resides. Some of my friends who are extroverts are the same way. It's interesting how that works!