User Tag List

Thread: sup

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default sup

Posting the obligatory introduction thread, very interested in socionics. Not 100% sure of my type but for now tending towards ILI.

I like to watch movies and play video games, especially a big fan of big budget movies because they usually give me a good reason to go to the cinema.
    Some of my favorite movies are: Original Star Wars, Guardians of the Galaxy, Apocalypse Now, Terminator 2, Alien, Aliens, American Psycho, Hamburger Hill, Lone Survivor, Heavy Metal 1981, Dredd 3D, Elysium
    Anime I liked so much I ordered merchandise: Kill La Kill, Knights of Sidonia
    Fav games: Ace Combat 6, Dark Souls, Modern Warfare 2, Tomb Raider (reboot), Syndicate (reboot), Bad Company 2. Mostly FPS really.
    Books: Well, I'm not really a huge fiction reader, but I love Neil Stephenson, especially Snow Crash and The Diamond Age. Also Starship Troopers is fucking awesome.

Other interests are various forms of technical financial speculation, as well as wanting to understand humanity in general and where it's headed. Went through various political viewpoints on the latter, but now pretty much sure the western world is gonna slowly turn into a sort of third world with South Africa levels of crime, and that I want to make money so I can get the fuck out or at least escape into a gated community should the time come (20+ years to go).

Think that's all for now.
    Last edited by your mudda; 03-26-2015 at 05:13 AM.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why do you like american psycho?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's hilarious. Also in a weird way I can relate to Bateman, not for his psychotic murders or fits of jealousy and insecurity... Tho thinking about it, actually maybe the insecurity is the one I can relate the most to, and the resulting front he puts up, "because I want to fit in". Not that I would call myself a herd animal, just preferring to stay in the background.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why is it hilarious?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just giving one of the most obvious example that come to mind right now:
    Patrick Bateman: Well, we have to end apartheid for one. And slow down the nuclear arms race, stop terrorism and world hunger. We have to provide food and shelter for the homeless, and oppose racial discrimination and promote civil rights, while also promoting equal rights for women. We have to encourage a return to traditional moral values. Most importantly, we have to promote general social concern and less materialism in young people.
    Luis Carruthers: [feigning tears] Patrick. How thought-provoking.

It wouldn't really matter who said this with a serious tone in any conversation, it would still be a riot, but the fact that he just rattles off issues he read in his magazines, SIMPLY to impress his dumbo friends in how much more thoughtful he can look. As to which anyone at the table actually cares about these issues is not clear, even unlikely (I mean who does). edit: actually he is joking

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope those questions lead to some point eventually.

Meantime, did some testing around for fun, one gave ILI, one LII. Meanwhile chat buzzed about energy levels, so it's gonna stay interesting.

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Welcome new victim, oops, member.