Thread: Which intertype relationship would be healthiest for raising kids?

TIM
    IEI 4w5 2w1
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Which intertype relationship would be healthiest for raising kids?

My first guess was Duality obviously, but now I'm wondering if that's really the case. It sort of seems like it'd be healthier to have parents from different quadras... Anyways, I'd like to hear your thoughts on it.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I feel parents that are healthy, psychologically and spiritually (not religious but could be) are the best types to raise healthy children. Being raised by dual parents that are mentally unstable, immature and have problems dealing with their own problems are ill equipped to raise healthy children. Although I have seen pretty psychologically healthy children, right from the start, emerge from these types of families, regardless of the intertype relations of their parents. I am not one of them. I had to earn my state of health.

Physically unhealthy parents can still be mentally capable of raising a healthy child. As far as physical health goes even the best parents can get it wrong by making their children follow specific health regimens, that they follow, that might not be right for the child's growing body.

The way I see it, too many variables to pin this down with socionics. Despite being the world's best parents you could still raise a serial killer. I could probably go on but I won't, for now.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not that i've ever experienced it, but i feel that there must be huge benefits to having parents that actually get along.

TIM
    IEI 4w5 2w1
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    I am not one of them. I had to earn my state of health.
    Quote Originally Posted by lemontrees View Post
    not that i've ever experienced it, but i feel that there must be huge benefits to having parents that actually get along.
    Oh my gosh. I'm really sorry to hear that. That's horrible. @Aylen I admire you a lot for how well you've managed to deal with some of these types of problems. My mom was raised in a similar environment and I have so much respect for the people who are able to recover from all those terrible times.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The least healthy is EIE - LSI

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Having a quasi identical parent forced me to develop myself tremendously at a young age.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerx View Post
    The least healthy is EIE - LSI
    I disagree, my parents are these types and they were always great parents. Whatever defects I might have are my own fault : )

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    I disagree, my parents are these types and they were always great parents. Whatever defects I might have are my own fault : )
    It was a joke because I hate my EIE - LSI parents... parenting skills aren't type related

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerx View Post
    It was a joke because I hate my EIE - LSI parents... parenting skills aren't type related
    Lol I thought maybe yours are also beta rational types

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well an EIE makes a terrible parent. Doesn't really matter who their partner is.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with xerx and maithili, actually.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My dad is LSI...biggest dick ever. None of his kids like him.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maithili View Post
    Well an EIE makes a terrible parent. Doesn't really matter who their partner is.
    This is is actually pretty funny.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would take it that dual relationships tend to be the healthiest just because, on average, there is probably less conflict in the home and more attention focused on the kids for that reason.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My parents were duals and I think I could have been raised much better, though it wasn't all bad. Duality can get too comfortable and not know what to do.... maybe activity is better.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

beta bashing, not cool guys

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maithili View Post
    Wait, my mom is one.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I don't think the intertype relationship between parents is the most relevant ...but since you're all bashing EIEs here: my EIE-fe uncle is known for having broken down the door to his EII daughter's room when she was a teenager, because he couldn't understand her need for privacy. His ESI-Se wife was trying to regulate the thing, of course, but she had her own ideas about how the EII kid shouldn't escape the parents' control. She did concede however when the EII daughter explained that her own desires/needs are kind of important, too; spending some time privately in her room doing stuff on her own doesn't = she doesn't love her parents anymore or she gets pregnant and is bound to quit school and become a hooker.
    Last edited by Amber; 05-09-2015 at 03:24 PM.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    They do like to procreate... My biological parents are EIE (dad) and LSI (mom). I think I said enough about their parenting skills in past posts. My ILI stepdad was pretty cool though. After I warmed up to him. At first I didn't want him part of our family and made it clear he was not my dad. As I grew older I realized he was not only my dad but a very good one.

Edit: When taking care of a family got too hard, my EIE dad left fled the country.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Conflict. Because if they can survive a conflicting relationship, they can survive anything.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Amber View Post
    I don't think the intertype relationship between parents is very relevant ...but since you're all bashing EIEs here: my EIE-fe uncle is known for having broken down the door to his EII daughter's room when she was a teenager, because he couldn't understand her need for privacy. His ESI-Se wife was trying to regulate the thing, of course, but she had her own ideas about how the EII kid shouldn't escape the parents' control. She did concede however when the EII daughter explained that her own desires/needs are kind of important, too; spending some time privately in her room doing stuff on her own doesn't = she doesn't love her parents anymore or she gets pregnant and is bound to quit school and become a hooker.
    That sounds about right.

My EIE dad has locked and barricaded me outside of the house when I was 18 and came home a little after 10PM; he's slapped me straight across the face more times than I can count, usually bc I didn't really feel like talking, or something like that. But yeah, his fears are usually related to thinking I will become pregnant and a hooker the minute he doesn't have full control over me, or that he's being "disrespected."

You don't get to choose your parents and your parents don't get to choose you. Everybody has to play the hand that they were given the best way they can. Life and people are complicated and sometimes people end up in relationships and get kids and realize later it doesn’t work. That doesn’t mean just because everything is not perfect in their relationship, that they want to fuck it up for their kids. There are also other things influencing you, than just your parents. Poverty, war, whatever else you have - the whole clusterfuck. People just grow up in the midst of it and learn to deal. Sometimes you can deal and can get through it, and sometimes not. For me it’s bogus to press it all into one socionics formula, like parent relationship -- healthy kids -- amazing life.
    Last edited by Moonbeaux Rainfox; 07-11-2015 at 05:01 PM.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sapling View Post
    My first guess was Duality obviously, but now I'm wondering if that's really the case. It sort of seems like it'd be healthier to have parents from different quadras... Anyways, I'd like to hear your thoughts on it.

Probably (ideally at least ...) duality. Anyway I think being complementary on T/F and N/S is pretty cool and beneficial for the kids. I mean, SEI + SLI or ILE + LII might lead to unilateral (unbalanced) issues in the upbringing.