Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wanting people to feel the way I feel-- socionics significance?

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chips and underwear View Post
    Funny you mention that because I saw a personal ad that explicited said "NO COUNTRY." The person could have been otherwise great but because you like country music, you're eliminated. There was another personal ad that said "FOOTBALL FANS NEED NOT APPLY."

I'm thinking, regardless of whether or not you like these things, mentioning these in a personal ad makes you look like a judgemental douchebag. It doesn't make a good impression. It makes me wonder if they are that picky and intolerant about 'little things' like that, how are they going to be about things like politics, race, or religion.

I suppose I have to give them a couple of points for being honest though, and telling you upfront what they don't want. I guess better to know it wouldn't work right away until you're a couple of dates into the relationship. It still makes me wonder why they have such a problem with country music or football that it needs to be stated in a personal ad. Did they have a bad experience in a past relationship where someone talked about these things nonstop?
    Yeah, if I placed a personal ad, it would state:
    "If you like piña coladas and getting caught in the rain
    If you're not into yoga, if you have half a brain
    If you like making love at midnight in the dunes of the cape
    Then I'm the love that you've looked for, write to me and escape......
    ...and you must not be the type of person who would explicitly state what they don't like in a personal ad."
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blackburry View Post
    The other day in class I joked that I looked like a homeless person to one person. An SLE heard this and for the rest of the day said things like, " GODDD, (insert name here), Why do always have to dress like a homeless person?" It was funny the first time. She did it the rest of the day with different variations to the point it made me fairly uncomfortable and I wasn't sure if she thought it was still funny (I laughed pretty heartily the first time) or if she was just being mean.
    SLE just wants to have fun and loves an occasion for a joke, that helps create that fun atmosphere. So, my guess is, probably not being mean, probably going for a joke. Probably needed a clear, "That's not funny anymore" from you when you'd had enough, to put a stop to it.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's the true underlying reason?
    What is really going on in the brain?
    Brain is largely pattern recognition/completion system. Large, significant or interesting pattern involves rapidly making connections. Also actual synaptic connection. Brain goes "we are on to something, need to check all the implications, run through the idea couple of time and ensure that new synaptic changes are made" and dumps neurotransmitters to light the things up. That would be one type of case when things are experienced as super meaningful. "Meaningful" as far as I can tell neurologically means triggering larger abstract(?) pattern with connection to values system.
    Some fact being told can cause:
    one person to gain new perspective blowing his/her mind.
    other to not make the connections.
    third to say "old news".
    fourth say "old news and there are downsides, limitations, exceptions and counter-arguments and -perspectives".
    fifth to say "not according to bible".
    So completion of new pattern is a big factor.

perfect to me and absolutely flawed to someone else? Why can people have such different preferences to begin with? Why aren't we more similar in regards to preferences?
    Then is a question whether there is completion at all. Art in general and music in particular carries emotion, attitude, energy level and some amount of perspective/worldview. Best experience is when what art completes is you. It being answer to some subliminal questions, perspective that was lacked but needed, a step in emotional landscape you would make anyway or maybe you wouldn't but should have made. Then art resonates with you and speaks to you at the same time as your brain dopes itself. On the other hand it could be that attitude and emotion of particular art piece is contradictory to yours and would require you to ruin your mindset, groove and even personality to take them on.
    *WHY*
    To a certain extent it is a fact that most of the wide ranges of emotions, attitudes and perspectives have their use/advantage as tool/modes/methods/strategies in different situations. Those modes/strategies can be different to contradiction. So there is not really one state to be and people aren't because of having been born different, having had different lives, being in different situations now and having different ideas on how to go forth.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McBain View Post
    I generally defend something I like if I think it's disparaged as a result of ignorant misinterpretation and can get quite animated about it. However, using the television show that brought on this thread I do not think that that was the case and I'm misinterpreting the show and it's actually genius or whatever -- or I'm trolling -- I genuinely think that it is terrible for what I feel are very good reasons.
    It's still just your subjective opinion and not fact.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12