Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Entourage series

Ari - ESxp sensory sub, for sure.
    Turtle - ISFp? INFp? Ethical sub.
    Drama - ENFp?
    Vince - INFp? ENFj? I think Beta seems obvious.
    Eric - ???
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what station, and time, is this show on?
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it comes on HBO, i think sundays but i'm not totally sure since I haven't seen it in so long.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ari and Lloyd are duals. ESTp+INFp. Watch the episode where Ari gets fired

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry, but, ari is esfp.
    lol

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xiuxiu
    sorry, but, ari is esfp.
    Hmmmm....I dunno.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gilligan87
    Ari and Lloyd are duals. ESTp+INFp. Watch the episode where Ari gets fired
    Nooooo! *sniff sniff* Vince fired Ari. Soooo sad. I seriously teared up. lol
    I thought Lloyd did a good job convincing Ari to be real with Vince...but damn Ari and his pony show! I can't really make out a type. Television characters always seem like a good cases for tcaud's XXXx types.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think some of you are way off.

Vince: ENFP- carefree, bored easily, principled, role-player, charmer (i'm almost 100% on this one)
    Eric: INFP- idealistic, sensitive, loves emotional intimacy
    (ENFP's and INFP's are extremely compatible and these 2 are best friends)

Ari: ENTJ- executive-like, aggressive, forceful, decisive

not sure about these two but my guesses are:
    Drama: ESFJ- reads people, makes frequent judgments
    Turtle: ISFP

what do you guys think?

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know, I also thought ENTj for Ari at first, but IMO he's far too openly forceful/driven to be anything but Se dominant. ENTj is, however, the third most likely type that I would consider.

Vince is a tough nut to crack. He's clearly NF (I think this is beyond despute), and I'm inclined to think he's an extrovert, but I think he's Fe>Fi. For this reason, ENFj is my first choice for Vince.

My jury's out on Eric. Just can't be sure. INFp is possible.

Drama and Turtle I agree with. Don't know what I was thinking when I said ENFp for drama

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENFJ seems possible for Vince but he definitely isn't a J; he's far too sponteneous and hates to plan things. And, he is bored easily, he's a Don Juan and can't stay committed and isn't a natural at following through- which is the essential flaw of the ENFP and a relative strength of the ENFJ. Not to mention, he's horrible at decision making. See a P pattern? I know these things because I am an ENFP and though I'm very different from Vince I can relate to him easily. He's also an extrovert, clearly. Vince=ENFP

I can see Ari sometimes being an S but as far as being openly forceful goes, ENTJ's embody that heavily. Keep in mind, ENTJ's are natural leaders, quick on their feet, confrontational, extremely direct and completely cut out for the business world. Ari is also extremely quick on his feet and makes decisions instantly. He's very in tune with the consequences of his and others' actions and the bigger picture and can size up a situation or person instantly (and pretty accurately I might add) which makes him an N to me. (My dad is an ENTJ and I see too many similarities.) Ari=ENTJ

I can't imagine Eric being anything else. He's an I to me-- introspective, intimate, he's an NF no doubt-- idealistic, in tune with people's feelings, and my hunch says he's a P because INFPs are more gentle and more open than INFJs who are more cautious. INFJ is certainly a possibility but I definitely think he's a natural P with a well-developed J side, as somebody in the group has to be organized and bring closure to things. Also, E is a sincere and deep individual and INFPs are in my opinion the least superficial people. E=INFP.

(PS- what do Fe and Fi mean? another dimension of personality traits?)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

god fucking damnit
    lol

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rockingdom
    (PS- what do Fe and Fi mean? another dimension of personality traits?)
    Are you speaking of MBTI?
    ex-nameless ixtp
    *** Warning - Risk of poor communication and late response.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can see Ari sometimes being an S but as far as being openly forceful goes, ENTJ's embody that heavily. Keep in mind, ENTJ's are natural leaders, quick on their feet, confrontational, extremely direct and completely cut out for the business world. Ari is also extremely quick on his feet and makes decisions instantly. He's very in tune with the consequences of his and others' actions and the bigger picture and can size up a situation or person instantly (and pretty accurately I might add) which makes him an N to me. (My dad is an ENTJ and I see too many similarities.) Ari=ENTJ
    Now read the ESTp socionics description, and re-read your, and you'll see how you need to change the conclusion.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Creepy-aurora_faerie

i watched some of this show but i didnt like it that much

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG

Now read the ESTp socionics description, and re-read your, and you'll see how you need to change the conclusion.
    Hmmm. Suddenly ESTp sounds pretty good.
    But you gotta admit, ENTj doesn't seem far off for Ari.

Any comments on my typing of the others?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright, here they are:

Ari - ENTP
    The ESTP folks and ENTJ folks were each 3/4 right. He works best in crisis mode, that's when he comes alive (P). He frequently thinks many moves ahead (N) in a logical fasion and doesn't really have much of a conscience (T). And he's always on the phone, taking clients out to dinner, completelt immersed in the Hollywood environment (E). Like all ENTPs, he knows how to manipulate the system and is constantly maneuvering.

Eric - INTJ
    Most people will disagree with me I'm sure, and thats understandable because he's very difficult to type accurately on the show. He definitely lives to make long term intuitive decisions (N) (J), usually for his best friend vince who is part of his inner circle (they are childhood friends) (I). He's one of those introverts that spends a lot of time around people, mostly because of his large responsibilities as a Vince's manager. While he does have a conscience, he's not overly F and prefers to read the logic of a situation. When he does use feeling, it's only for those very close to him like Vince (this is characteristic of INTJ, who save emotions for close friends and family). He can go toe-to-toe with ENTP Ari, and definitely acts as his mirror much of the time.

Lloyd - ESTP
    This could also be ENTP like Ari, but I think more ESTP. He's very detail-oriented, keeping track of Ari's phone calls, appointments, he just seems more of an S given his secretarial role that he seems very comfortable with. Like Ari, he also deals very well with crises.

Vine - ESFP
    He's incapable of making decisions and needs Eric to do it for him (P), he loves expensive toys, casual sex with random women, and doesn't really focus on long term goals (S). He definitely knows how to read and act on women's emotions, and seems like a very "sensitive" guy (F). And he just loves being around people, which probably helped lead him to a career in acting/hollywood (E).

Turtle and drama I'm less sure about, but I'm pretty sure they're both (E) and (S). My best guess: Turtle probably ES-J and Drama ES-P.
    Mr. Crumbles
    INTJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, but there is absolutely no chance that Eric is an INTj. I'm about 100% sure he's INF. He's introverted, extremely idealistic, highly emotional around pretty much everybody. Just because he's smart doesn't mean he's a T. And I still think he's a P with a developed J side from being Vince's guardian. INFj is a possibility though I doubt it.

And Vince is ENFp because of his originality and highly evolved values and adherence to them (ESFp's don't have either quite as much), his short attention span and complete lack of attention to detail (trademark ENFp flaw) and his ability to talk his way into or out of anything. He's extremely intuitive; he's an imbalanced ENFp with underdeveloped T and J sides.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, but there is absolutely no chance that Eric is an INTj. I'm about 100% sure he's INF. He's introverted, extremely idealistic, highly emotional around pretty much everybody. Just because he's smart doesn't mean he's a T. And I still think he's a P with a developed J side from being Vince's guardian. INFj is a possibility though I doubt it.

And Vince is ENFp because of his originality and highly evolved values and adherence to them (ESFp's don't have either quite as much), his short attention span and complete lack of attention to detail (trademark ENFp flaw) and his ability to talk his way into or out of anything. He's extremely intuitive; he's an imbalanced ENFp with underdeveloped T and J sides.
    Your points are well-taken. Why do I think Eric is a T? He's never really open about discussing feelings, his or other peoples. He takes them into account when making his plans, but you never hear him say "So Vince, how are you feeling? Drama, is there something I can to make you feel more comfortable?" I know several INFJs and they are constantly concerned with how people feel. The truth is it's nearly impossible for someone who isn't INTJ to recognize this type in Eric. One of the ironic things about INTJs is that while we are NT, we prefer to spend most of our time in (I) mode which runs (F) alongside (N). You have to understand MBTI pretty well to follow this, and I know MBTI is frowned upon in this forum. But I think both MTBI and socionics are really talking about the same thing personally, and have much to contribute to the other's understanding. Anyway, Feeling in an INTJ is an introverted function, so when they are making decisions, Intuition is driving but Feeling is sort of "riding shotgun." You see this in INTJ actors like DeNiro and Pacino, when they are handing out decisions and giving out orders they are often emotionally charged, and lose that calm, cool extraverted logical exterior. So while it appears that Eric is channeling all kinds of Feeling, it's really just along for the ride and Intuition (which is much harder to "see") is driving his introverted decisions. When INTJs are doing something important to them they can be extremely moody and emotional. This whole "riding shotgun" in the introverted doman is an extremely difficult concept which took me months to grasp, so I expect few people to follow this reasoning at all. But for me it's still worth the attempt (and the flaming for using MBTI).

Now for Vince, I will admit there are some good arguments for him being ENFP. It can be very difficult to tell ENFPs and ESFPs apart; in many ways they have much more in common than ESFPs an ESFJs. But I don't really see much "originality" or highly developed intution in Vince. I mean look at the whole Mandy Moore thing. And as for his values, ummm, he sleeps around all over town. He's a user of women and only really seems to care about himself and his closest friends. Furthermore, I don't think it's fair to say that ESFPs don't have as highly evolved value systems. I know several members of both types, and they are capable of the same level of caring and compassion. But I will agree that if you won't accept ESFP, ENFP is the next best answer by far.
    Mr. Crumbles
    INTJ

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cut the Mother of Bullshit Typing Institution

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No chance bro, no chance. For a guy who comes from a ruff, bad, criminally rampant neighborhood, E is extremely emotional. And he's skinny and soft; most guys in his situation would be completely hardened. Also, I keep saying this: he's a textbook idealist: NF. With Eric, feeling drives and everything else rides along: INFp. Your De Niro and Pacino point supports me so much more. These are extremely tough and thick-skinned individuals and it shows in their personalities and all their roles. Eric (or Connoly) doesn't come close. By your logic, you can read into anyone on any show any way you like. No TV character can be 100% consistent.

And as for Vince, he is very principled and I don't agree with your arguments against that. He is not a user of women. Sure, he has sex with lots of girls but never does he lie, cheat, manipulate or deceive a girl into going against her will, which he can easily do. The girls in fact seem to want him more than he wants them; so you'd be arguing that sex outside marriage is immoral. As for "he only seems to care about himself and his friends", who else does a normal person care deeply about aside from those close to him/her? Furthermore, he is very loyal (that's not debatable), he isn't money-driven (very evident), he cares about his integrity (a sharp sign of principles) and he considers his friends his family and never takes advantage of them or treats them badly (despite the ease at which he can). His not wanting to do Aquaman initially, doing QB despite the lack of money, his lack of hesitance in alienating Warners after Alan lies to him, these are all huge decisions and are made on the basis of principle; a trademark ENFp way to be. That's where his intuition lies; in seeing the bigger picture. An ESFp would be far less dismissive about money and fame. I'm not saying Vince is a saint, just that he is indeed driven by his ideals.

I didn't say nor would I imply that ESFp's are less moral; it's simply well-known that ENFp's have a tendency to want to do everything based on their value systems. Not the same way with ESFp's.

I'm also starting to think that this may be not have a definite conclusion. Yea, the characters are all pretty solid which makes it a great show but it's just tv. I don't think the writers consider socionics and mbti and I don't think the actors are much in tune with it either, which is understandable.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I'm befuddled on why the majority of people here don't realize that the characters on televisions and movies are based on multiple real-life characters, therefore it supports the claim that each character can be a different personality type on each show depending on the story. On one show, Ari can be an ESFp and in another he can be an ENTj, etc... Maize's claim that they could be tcautilldg's crosstypes isn't that farfetched for this reason, but I'm not suggesting they are crosstypes.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

characters (types) in fiction are such because their range of behavior remains within the confines of their own subjective contexts. this is true also in non-fiction. however, in fiction certain things are often written into a story or script that would otherwise be conflicting or opposite of the normal behavior of such characters, though this does not necessarily altogether negate the previous assumptions about the characters, because they are simply at the whim of a writer and as such are sometimes more a reflection on him. there are always consistencies though, and this is what you look for. also can you guys cut the mbti bullshit?

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reviving this topic because I just watched the first three seasons on my computer.

Vince - INFp

Drama - ESTj

Eric - ISTj

Turtle - ISFp

Ari - ESTp (and I think his wife is ISFj)

Lloyd - ISFp

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually Lloyd could be INFp. But I think I'm right about the rest.

There is no way any of these guys except Ari are iNtuitives.

Vince: ESFP
    Eric: ISTJ
    Drama: ISFJ
    Turtle: ESTP
    Ari: ENTP

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ari ESxP
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Your family thinks I'm a criminal
    TIM
    SLE-Se
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

I started watching this show:

Vince - ExFx (dude has 4D Fe regardless)
    Drama - ESFj
    Eric- Prolly ISTx (but maybe he has Fi, so ISTp)
    Turtle - imma go ESxp for him
    Ari - ESTp