Thread: Is this what ESI's are like?

TIM
    IEI 4w5 2w1
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Is this Gamma?

Last edited by Limitless; 07-10-2016 at 12:12 AM.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly, it just kind of sounds like Ij types of any sort. Ti and Fi egos can oftentimes be harsh and strict in their values in any case. Ej's are too but it's not quite as strict as the Ij's.

EDIT: he changed the post. That's not fair.
    Last edited by Contra; 03-15-2015 at 05:59 AM.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Am I like this? I hope not.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LIIbrarian View Post
    maybe you aren't but I definitely know LIIs that are.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dude, not really.

TIM
    IEI 4w5 2w1
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LIIbrarian View Post
    I don't think so. I always got the impression you always want to be honest, and just like for everyone to get along. Although I might not know you very well, you seem so great, and I'm glad you're on the forum since you're pretty smart and offer some helpful replies, too.

Plus, you're avatar, signature, location status, and overall profile are all pretty hilarious (in a likeable way).

TIM
    IEI 4w5 2w1
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wacey View Post
    Dude, not really.
    This wasn't a hate thread, I swear.

I actually am looking for a particular type and did find you're reply constructive, really.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Limitless View Post
    This wasn't a hate thread, I swear.

I actually am looking for a particular type and did find you're reply constructive, really.
    I know bud, I sensed no hate.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Contra View Post
    maybe you aren't but I definitely know LIIs that are.
    I used to be that way when I was alot younger. High school and earlier.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think most ISFjs prefer action over talking, if you know what I mean.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESIs are somewhat prickly.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a particular kind of person in mind and I originally suspected ESI, but now I'm wondering if they're all just Gamma.

They seem to value moral principles over emotional atmosphere, so I do suspect Fi - Te, but I could be wrong. (Unless it's related to Ixxj)

They like to talk about what works, what is the best way to do things, and how the world and the government would best work under ideal. I get the sense they are very loving with other people and somewhat social but seem slightly introverted.

Also, here are some pictures of a couple of the people I had in mind who are similar to eachother. Maybe there's a particular type that stands out?
    I don't know enough about those people to say based on VI.

But you were eerily correct in the government thing. And with moral principles.

So yeah. Supposedly, I'm an ILI. When I pictured my friends, I did not picture those people. Then again, my friends at the moment are not very good.

I liked when I met an ENTj and he started talking about one thing, and then when he couldn't answer, I started talking.

This happened in the chat here, of course. So what was I going to link? I forget.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with contra that most IJs can be strict in their own ways/logic/values. I used to be a lot more "moralistic"..now I prefer people just getting along esp irl social groups.

I know LIIs, EIIs, ESIs LSIs who are annoyingly stuck in their own mindsets. It took life experiences to make me relax more.

The four persons in the pic look fairly introverted.

Top two (blonde female and teenage boy) look Fi-ish.

The bottom two- no idea.
    Last edited by blackburry; 03-15-2015 at 03:13 PM.

TIM
    IEI 4w5 2w1
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alomoes View Post
    I don't know enough about those people to say based on VI.

But you were eerily correct in the government thing. And with moral principles.

So yeah. Supposedly, I'm an ILI. When I pictured my friends, I did not picture those people. Then again, my friends at the moment are not very good.

I liked when I met an ENTj and he started talking about one thing, and then when he couldn't answer, I started talking.

This happened in the chat here, of course. So what was I going to link? I forget.
    Maybe you were thinking how you're drawn to talking with people who are similar to you and how you notice yourself and other Gamma types like talking about government and moral principles? I'd be interested in hearing more about that thought, if you'd ever like to come back to it.

TIM
    IEI 4w5 2w1
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blackburry View Post

The four persons in the pic look fairly introverted.

Top two (blonde female and teenage boy) look Fi-ish.

The bottom two- no idea.
    Thanks! I'd be glad to provide a description of each. I'd just like to find out what their types are. Now I'm wondering if they're actually IxTps.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They don't all seem like the same type.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ExI. Te suggestive is slave for HOWTOs. They really like that aspect. At least EIIs. They are practically praying my demonstrative Te to lift its lazy ass.

Probably ESI because of this particular construct and best way approach. Delta is more about practicality and environment jazz.

TIM
    IEI 4w5 2w1
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now I'm wondering if the first and third people are ESI and EII respectively, the second boy is ISTp and the last girl is ESTj. Would that be accurate?

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First one looks like Dominant Fi.

I agree that the second guy looks Fi-ish. He actually looks a little bit like an SEE I know but he looks introverted. ESI might be possible.

No clue on the 3rd one. I find people 30+ years older than me really hard to type.

4th person looks Extroverted and sensory but I really don't know. (LSE might make some sense)
    @Limitless, do you know your type yet?

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1st looks IEE>SEE
    2nd looks SLI>EII>LII
    3rd looks LSE>LII>ESI
    4th looks IEE

TIM
    IEI 4w5 2w1
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Limitless, do you know your type yet?
    Not yet, although several people have suggested IEI and Director Abbie’s actually typed me EII. I’d be interested in hearing if you have any suggestions or if there’s a particular type that comes to mind, so please let me know!

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not yet, although several people have suggested IEI and Director Abbie’s actually typed me EII. I’d be interested in hearing if you have any suggestions or if there’s a particular type that comes to mind, so please let me know!
    I couldn't say for sure, but you come off as EII. I see you as Fi ego over Fe just based on your posts. Plus you seem Serious> Merry.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

~~ for what it's worth (and not much!) ..I vote IEI for your type. (and your dad in the dad thread comes off as Si/Fe via description and thread...). Just felt like putting that in here because..I didn't feel like backspacing to find the dad thread.

(and you look so stinkin' cute in the avatar pic... like lil mischievous kiddo).

TIM
    IEI 4w5 2w1
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I couldn't say for sure, but you come off as EII. I see you as Fi ego over Fe just based on your posts. Plus you seem Serious> Merry.
    That was very helpful and I'll definitely be considering it, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by blackburry View Post
    (and you look so stinkin' cute in the avatar pic... like lil mischievous kiddo).
    Thanks!! It was taken a couple years ago and I’ve had several people asking how old I am, and so they’re always pretty confused when I tell them seventeen. Also, thanks for the suggestion about my dad. It's gotten a lot better already, because it helped me to realize we're just different people and like different things. Honestly, I feel pretty silly for putting up such a ridiculous post like that, but hopefully, most people are able to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    ESIs are somewhat prickly.
    For some reason, I just found this comment from earlier really interesting. I'd like to learn a little more about them, if that's alright. Are they playful? Moody? Funny? I've heard they take life very raw, which I find really interesting. I actually spent several months last year telling myself I was one, because I used to have this idea in my head where people are able to find their own type by learning about all the other types and choosing their favorite one from all them, because I figured people would be just naturally drawn to other people who are so similar to them in that way. And then I learned about their cognitive functions (Fi-Se), and so I spent several months thinking in my head "Oh! I should learn to write music, since it'd probably be healthy for my Fi! And then I can learn to channel my Fi through my Se!" And actually that's partially why I started writing songs!! But then I realized there was probably a reason I couldn't relate to the description. What kind of thoughts would they generally have during a dinner party or something like that? How would they normally spend their weekends? I've heard they tend to change their minds about other people very quickly and can be very difficult to get to know... is that really true? How would I spot one? If I met one through some sort of local event (and I can come across as pretty unusual), would they talk to other people about how awkward I am behind my back? Or would they find it interesting and just try to get to know me a little better?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please note that there are only a couple of ESIs that I've known well. My responses are based on them as well as on another person or two who I don't know all that well.

For some reason, I just found this comment from earlier really interesting. I'd like to learn a little more about them, if that's alright. Are they playful? Moody? Funny?
    Yes. They're only playful with people they know well and are comfortable. Their moods don't change quickly. Their humor may have an edge/bite to it. They're capable of just being goofy though, too.

I've heard they take life very raw, which I find really interesting.
    I'm not really sure what this means, but it sounds right. Everything is very real and serious to the ones I've known well. They experience things intensely.

I actually spent several months last year telling myself I was one, because I used to have this idea in my head where people are able to find their own type by learning about all the other types and choosing their favorite one from all them, because I figured people would be just naturally drawn to other people who are so similar to them in that way. And then I learned about their cognitive functions (Fi-Se), and so I spent several months thinking in my head "Oh! I should learn to write music, since it'd probably be healthy for my Fi! And then I can learn to channel my Fi through my Se!" And actually that's partially why I started writing songs!!
    One could probably express any information element through music. If you like writing songs, do it.

But then I realized there was probably a reason I couldn't relate to the description.
    I think descriptions are generally not the greatest way to type people, but if you find you don't identify with much of anything in the description, then it's time to at least consider other possible types.

What kind of thoughts would they generally have during a dinner party or something like that?
    Well they're not center of attention. They're not boisterous or bubbly. They may or may not talk about what's going on in their lives.

How would they normally spend their weekends?
    ntr (at least not in any useful way)

I've heard they tend to change their minds about other people very quickly
    Noooooooo. They change their minds about people very slowly.

and can be very difficult to get to know... is that really true?
    Depends on the person they're getting to know.

How would I spot one? If I met one through some sort of local event (and I can come across as pretty unusual), would they talk to other people about how awkward I am behind my back? Or would they find it interesting and just try to get to know me a little better?
    I don't know. Depends on the person.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A type is just the way a person processes information, and there's much more to a person than that. As such, it's difficult to use external behavior to determine type.
    SEE