Hybrid View

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default LSE-IEE activity relations

Any personal accounts? I've juuust started seeing someone who I think is LSE and although it's pretty casual so far, I'm really fond of her.

To start off! I was good friends with another LSE a long time ago and it proceeded pretty typically: I eventually got sick of them (a normal thing that happens with anyone I've hung out with long enough) and tried to insert distance between us in order to get over the feeling in private and re-stimulate my interest, but the LSE noticed and pursued/questioned me intensively which made me feel super claustrophobic. I eventually ended the friendship.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

To start off! I was good friends with another LSE a long time ago and it proceeded pretty typically: I eventually got sick of them (a normal thing that happens with anyone I've hung out with long enough) and tried to insert distance between us in order to get over the feeling in private and re-stimulate my interest, but the LSE noticed and pursued/questioned me intensively which made me feel super claustrophobic. I eventually ended the friendship.

you should hang out with a SEE instead, you'd get along perfectly
    Last edited by Amber; 03-07-2015 at 02:24 PM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

LSE are too harsh for IEE and IEE need affection. LSE don't give that because they are not touchy feely people. IEE are hypersocial and spend too much time not being in the personal company of an LSE...insread they look for new and interesting people to interact with. When you distance to build interest and you break the evenees or they linear movement of things that an LSE likes so they ask you whats wrong why you do that...this only puts pressure on your Ne and LSE thinks you're toying with them and starting intrigue for no reason.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 01-30-2016 at 03:29 AM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My partner is LSE and we've been together for 4 years. This relationship is a bit different than what I've experienced with my LSE friends. I'll start with the latter ones.
    1. My LSE male friend - we've known each other since we were little kids (our parents were friends). We've always enjoyed each other's company. I've always looked up to him, he's hyperintelligent, ambitious, organized, couragous, has his own opinion on everything. He's also polite and quite delicate. But....I've never been interested in him romantically and he was which caused a lot of problems in our relationship and we finally lost contact. As we lived in different cities in our twenties and he was interested in me while pretending he wasn't this was on and off relationship. He would take offence and block me on some messanger for example. For all his traits I admire he's also difficult and I know he didn't treat his girlfriend as good as he should (e.g. he betrayed her - at least that's what he told me)
    2. My LSE girlfriend - we've had so much fun together. When with her, I could forget all my troubles. All of my deep issues seemed to go away when I was spending time with her. She is also extremely ambitious, not afraid of anything

They are both Te subtypes and activity is visible in these relationships. With my partner is not so visible either because of his Si subtype or some other non related to socionics reason. What Martisa said about IEE in need of affection that's true for me - I miss it but we're working on that. I quess it's not only related to our types, but a very typical problem. It's been a good and fulfilling relationship for me. I could even call it healing.
    Go for it

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

LSE-female, IEE-male? I believe I am qualified to enter into this discussion.

Most of my irl IEE friends are female, but my dad is an IEE. I find him inconsistent. Sometimes he is upset about something minor, sometimes he is happy about something inconsequential. I enjoy talking with him about wild possibilities, like the craziest way to rob a bank, or whether it would be efficient to hide one's valuables in a wastebasket. If I want something absurd to do with my time, I can depend on an IEE to come up with something. But if I want a short and simple answer, I must turn to another family member. If I ask him something like, "do you have the salt?" it could take a few minutes for me to learn that he does not have the salt, though not for lack of being answered.

I think activity relationships make for excellent friendships, though I would question a decision to try anything further.
    I'm sure an SLI would have more readily given you space, whereas an LSE may need to be told, "I'm done socializing for a while." Not that SLIs understand people better, but that they would probably be less likely to notice you left.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When it comes to IEE and socializing, I'm not sociable at all . I'd rather spend time reading, decorating/redecorating home, browsing the internet. It's never happened in our four-year relationship than we both went socializing in different directions. My partner loves socializing but he has to force me to do so. Then, I enjoy it

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It`s a good relationship. It`s complicated though because the ENFp can read me like an open book, more than the INFj.... that Ne also may get loads of conversation about imaginary situations often in a joking way, the ENFp understands these extrapolations of observations of others or circumstan moces which seem somewhat uninteresting or too trippy for non-Ne-valuers and even some Ne leading people.