Thread: Member Questionnaire (telarana)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Member Questionnaire (telarana)

Member Questionnaire 1 (telarana)
    What is beauty? What is love?
    Beauty is... different for everyone? In the mind of the beholder? Aesthetic enticement? Irrelevant? (Why is this question here?)

Love is something that can look different between multiple people and multiple things, but ultimately it describes a connection/bond/attachment/tie between two people that cause them to have an interest in each other's well-being and care and support for one another.
    What are your most important values?
    Independence. Fortitude. Intelligence. Creativity. Fun. Entertaining others and making life more pleasurable since it's so abysmal and boring especially in adulthood. Looking out for other people and maintaining the best for them and yourself.
    Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
    I do but they're not... easily defined. I'm uncertain if I believe in any concrete dogma anymore, or perhaps I do. I do believe that there is a higher power and I do believe that higher power has sentience. I believe it exists within everything and also outside of it. I believe that power doesn't necessarily have gender or physical form or being. Though I do think it can appear in physical form or various forms to people, whether as literal 'gods' or as symbolic representations of a spiritual idea. I also think many things in our world can be seen as tied to this higher spiritual existence and that many of the things that science says about the intricate structure of the way that everything works with one another just reveals that life was created so intricately to the smallest minute level by that sentient power and that we're all a part of it. But I'm still pondering over and refining my beliefs.
    Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
    I think wars and militaries are rather... futile and pointless. I understand WHY they exist and see it as inevitable in human society that these things are there, but I don't think it means that they always HAVE to exist. I think there could potentially be some way in the future that we could improve as a society and as humans in general where we could learn that we don't have to bring large scale wars and battles into the world to solve our issues. Humans don't seem to recognize that a lot of what they do affects everything else around them and these wars affect a lot more than the person/cause/group that they're actually trying to fight. Children get killed, families are left with dead loved ones, environments are destroyed, entire habitats are ruined, the ecosystem is thrown out of whack... And yet more and more militarization happens because more and more militarization keeps occurring. It's stupid. But as long as people want to continue to gain more and more power and establish their territory and claim to their physical properties and land... it's always going to be there. We could do so much more if people were simply educated on things and actually cared about things around them. v.v
    What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
    I've had long conversations about... many things. Some of my favorite topics are... questions on why structures in the world are the way they are. Why people do the things they do. Why society exists in the way it does. I like exploring things underlying surface issues that are being discussed in modern day conversation. Why things exist and how could it possibly be different?

As far as interests... I love anything that seems fun and entertaining. I like immersing myself in new worlds so I like reading manga and watching anime and I would play video games if they didn't suck up so much of my time (because I like RPGs). I like chatting with friends and spending time doing new things with them, like going to see the latest movie that's out or hitting up a cool new restaurant or club or going to an art exhibit or having an all-night movie marathon with bad zombie themed movies from the past... Anime cons, raves, all that is totally my thing as well.
    Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
    I'm not focused on the body at all, or at least not my own. I like exploring the body in general as far as biology and anatomy wise. I find medicine to be interesting and I like learning about the body and how everything works together, which is probably why I got a 'day job' in the medical field where there's constantly something going on and you can learn new things. But as far as paying attention to my own health needs? I kind of fail miserably at it.
    What do you think of daily chores?
    HATE THEM REFUSE TO DO THEM UNTIL NECESSARY
    Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
    OH GOD

(i mean recently the one that I'm reading is called Fiend by Peter Stenson and it's pretty friggen awesome and it has a really cool concept... it's about two meth heads stuck in a zombie apocalypse and the opening is when one of them sees this little girl in a white dress approach a Rottweiler and kill it with her bare heads and red blood gushes all over her dress and that... pretty much defines what this book is about)

but honestly i just like WAY too many books and films to really even talk about them. the latest films that are jumping out to me at this moment are "The Grand Budapest Hotel," "Donnie Darko," "Fight Club." as far as books... "Harry Potter" (yeah I know who doesn't love that series and is in my generation right? haha), "Postcards from No Mans Land"... and as far as current ongoing manga series... "Tokyo Ghoul" and "Shingeki no Kyojin" (or Attack on Titan for you weeaboo nerds) and also "Haikyuu!!" (man that series is so damn spectacular for a sports manga no lie)
    What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
    Stuff rarely makes me cry. I'd usually have to be seriously messed up and depressed for things to get me to that point. As far as smile... I smile all the time every single day it's terrible how much I smile haha

and uh... usually I smile because things amuse me? Or they make me happy? Or i just like smiling and being friendly?
    Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
    Mmm.... with my friends. It'd be within a friends circle where I'm totally at home and joining in the atmosphere of the circle.
    What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
    People hate that I'm so logical. It gets on their nerves. I can't help it. Especially when they bring up a topic I automatically want to logically break down the reasoning behind it and explore its validity and why they think the way they do and what other ways can we think about this thing and blah blah blah... and a lot of people are insecure about their logic and they feel like I'm testing them or arguing with them rather than simply trying to engage in conversation and figure out what's really going on.

I'm also really... 'complex' in people's minds and it takes a while for them to figure out my patterns and figure me out? I can blow hot and cold depending on my moods now as well. When I was younger I was far more even-tempered and subdued but I suspect that's because I suppressed my emotions so I wasn't aware of having any extreme ones.

Trait-wise? I dislike that I am... indecisive occasionally? If I KNOW that I want something I usually will go get it immediately no questions asked. But sometimes getting to that point is such an issue for me. I KNOW that I want to make a decision but I deliberate on the decision because there are so many factors to consider and how it affects me and how it affects other people around me and what it means for me long term and how it can work in the short term and yadda yadda yadda. On short-term decisions I simply go with whatever seems the most logical or feels the most right at the time... But with long-term, serious decisions it can take quite a while to make.
    What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
    People seem to like that I seem confident about myself. I'm often the one who encourages my friends to go get what they want and I serve as their personal cheerleader. I'm also pretty honest and blunt so I tell people straight up what I think and give them honest opinions and solid advice. I'm hardworking and diligent when you put a task in front of me and I won't stop working on something until I get it done. I can get obsessive and workaholic if it's something I like and/or care about.

I pretty much like the same things about myself. I also like that I seem to be able to entertain people and make life more fun for them and a boring environment more fun... especially if it's a stifling environment like work... if you allow me to I'll make it more enjoyable for everyone involved.
    In what areas of your life would you like help?
    My personal brain space? I'm really crap at figuring out my own emotional needs, probably because I tend to mostly ignore it and focus on more interesting things around me until I'm at the point of having a breakdown. I've been working on that for the past few years though.
    Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
    YES. Mostly because my career wasn't moving in the direction I wanted. And it still isn't really but I'm slowly taking baby steps to get there. So we're working on it.

I reacted with... frustration and eventual depression when I couldn't manage to even get a tidbit of what I wanted and I had to follow more realistic dreams in order to pursue my actual but less financially stable ones. Luckily I had a good back up career so I found work in that easily but it really crushed my ability to believe that I could do whatever I wanted to do and I started thinking I was a supreme failure for a while and I would never amount to anything. Several things factored into this but career certainly didn't help. Done a lot of work to get out of this.
    What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
    I like fortitude, vision, strength, fun, confidence and sense of self, positivity, realism, optimism.

The things I most dislike are routine sticking to an old idea simply because it was an old idea rather than considering any other possibilities. Being dogmatic about things if they don't function in the best way. Being stubborn in your own ideology and ignoring the needs and desires of everyone else around you. Laziness and a desire to remain ignorant rather than educate and uplift yourself to do anything in your life.

I seem to get along with intuitive feelers best (mostly MBTI NFPs). But when I was younger I got along with Ts a lot and I love hanging out with MBTI Sensors as well though we generally aren't the best of friends because we have different focuses and interests. They generally have a slack look on their face when I start talking too deeply into some subjects and I like people who can keep up and spit theories back.
    How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?
    I love romance. I love sex. Or at least I love the IDEA of romance and sex. It can sometimes be a messy process for both to be quite honest. But it's fun and the whole exploration and intimacy thing is really fun as well.

The qualities that I've looked for in a partner have changed and evolved just as I have over the years. Currently it's a person who's warm and fun and entertaining and who seeks to spring out of their own monotony while also having enough focus and ambition to go far in their goals in life. And someone who can keep me interested for longer than two weeks. v.v
    If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
    OH GOD CHILDREN
    A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
    Internally: Hmm... well that's interesting. I think it's fallacious and potentially idiotic if it's something that's well-known in general culture by now... but interesting.

Externally: "Well actually considering that [insert random factoid here] contradicts your [insert person's logic here and potential fall points] and one could imagine that [insert similar circumstance here that exemplifies that point that im trying to argue] would actually be true... although I can see why you might think that.'

(and i also tend to say things that sound like fully fleshed out arguments when really they're openings for someone to engage in conversation with me but people dont always pick up on what i mean because my statements always come out rather polished and succinct in thought... perhaps because I wrote WAY too many English essays in high school and college ha]
    Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
    I don't see an issue with people as a whole. People are interesting creatures and I think they're really interesting to observe as a social unit. I think people should realize that they're actually connected with other people more often and that everything they do can trickle down onto others.

A prevalent social problem? Bigotry and ignorance. Or perhaps bigotry because ignorance. In fact I just think a lot of stuff is caused by ignorance and lack of willingness to educate oneself in order to not be ignorant and simply being stubborn and not wanting to ever change... and if people were more educated and open-minded... a lot of things could change for the better in our society.
    How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
    I choose my friends according to who I like. I'm not very picky with friends. People who are fun to be around become my friends. I tend to have a variety of social circles because I have a wide variety of friends. People who I can hold hours and hours long worth of conversation with, especially deep conversation, become my close friends though.

I behave like an idiot to be quite honest. I'm a huge clown and a jokester. But I'm also the first person who will punch you in the face if you mess with me.
    How do you behave around strangers?
    I'm rather distant around strangers until I gauge 1. who they are and 2. what kind of space is appropriate around them... and then depending on my mood I can choose to open up and engage or close off and be purely business-like. My sociability changes drastically according to my mood.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ILE on a first impression

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, ILE

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm going to buck the trend and say ESI just because I feel like saying that.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LIIbrarian View Post
    you're joking, right?
    *retypes ESI for a minute and dies hit by a meteorite*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LIIbrarian View Post
    I can see where ILE comes from but I'm curious about the ESI reading. Do explain.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aisa View Post
    you're joking, right?
    *retypes ESI for a minute and dies hit by a meteorite*
    ESI for Telerana is about as likely as me being a SEE.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP