Thread: Accounting for Quadra Values and Intertype Relations in Typing

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Accounting for Quadra Values and Intertype Relations in Typing

This is a follow-up to another discussion that I don't want to take off topic.

After reading the replies quoted below, I'm interested in hearing your opinions of typing by quadra values and intertype relations.

Do you take quadra "spirit" and intertype relations into account when typing someone? Is it worthwhile? Has it improved the accuracy for your typings or do you think that they shouldn't be trusted? Do you think that each quadrant has it's own "spirit"? Or should those of us new to typing steer clear of this method?

Quote Originally Posted by Olly From Wally World View Post
    I usually don't trust people's typings more so when they mention quadra because I figure it is based off of something stereotypical and not function-related and I kinda find the values bullshitty but it's nice to see how people define quadras and the differences which can help.
    Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    ... Also, typing solely by subjective perception of quadra values and who likes who is idiotic.

TIM
    Ni-IEI 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

darya's quote is accurate, but I still think there's something to the notion that 'a beta recognizes a beta'...

in general I don't type by intertype relations... maybe if I'm observing somebody who could be x type, which has a more distinct (say, supervision) intertype relation with the person they're interacting with, I'll note how it does or doesn't apply. but otherwise, not really, unless it's patently obvious.

but typing by quadra behaviors/spirit isn't a bad practice imo. I think a lot of times one can get a surface VI impression that relates to the quadra as a whole, or two of its members, or to an octant, and this can be a decent beacon. also, it's pretty obvious when two deltas are interacting, when a gamma and alpha come into collision, etc., so yeah.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    ILI ~ 458 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    728 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)

I use my own kind of frequency scale based on vibes and energy. It ranges from light to heavy energy. Merry quadras feel lighter to me. If you ask me to name some beta values I probably couldn't name one at the moment. I do feel that I can instantly tune into a beta frequency pretty well. I am less accurate with other quadras. :/

I think if people find a way of typing and it works for them, is acceptably accurate, then use it.

My method is something like sonar but obviously not sonar and it isn't always on. There is a flip switch but I am not sure what the trigger is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal_echolocation

Probably not the type of answer you were looking for but I was thinking about this idea most of the day.

"When I ought to be thinking of heaven he will nail me to earth"

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    but typing by quadra behaviors/spirit isn't a bad practice imo. I think a lot of times one can get a surface VI impression that relates to the quadra as a whole, or two of its members, (...) and this can be a decent beacon. also, it's pretty obvious when two deltas are interacting, when a gamma and alpha come into collision, etc., so yeah.
    ^This.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think each quadra has it's own general vibe or 'feel' to it. It helps me type people sometimes. In particular it helps me differentiate between quasi-identical pairs who share the same dimensionality of functions and belong to the same club. Superfically they can look alike for these reasons but once you get to know them you find they are worlds apart.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP