Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Video Type Me!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mu4 View Post
    Not all Fe is "good" Fe and not all Te is "good" Te and not all Si is "good" Si.

If I get Si advice from an (EIE), I ignore it. (I know a EIE who is the worst about the things you're pointed in the Si ego sense, but this is actually a neurotic expression of her Si-polr)

In a 1 dimensional Si type, the Si I receive is more or less toxic information.

If I get Fe requests from a LSE co-worker, I ignore it.

In a 2 dimensional Fe type, the Fe I receive is normative and I simply shrug my shoulders.

I think it's only when you deal with sufficiently developed individuals in this area that you really can establish what you value.

But a common example of SEI is Porthos from Dumas's novel to give you a idea of a Si ego
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porthos

You could very likely be ILI, because ILE is really a contrarian alternative for me towards your type, my first more basic instinct on this ILI.
    I mentioned Si Ego. He's Alpha, so Fe ego as well, he's among the first people I don't hold any kind of respect for. His whole life revolves around superficial fun, parties, as much people as possible, food, a lot of rest and that's about it for him. He talkes about alot of boring stuff, weather, food, people, family, states he's in, parties etc. My SEI sister is about that way too, except she's a bit socially awkward due to some bad experiences. Anyway, theese people bore me to death. I imagine an Alpha would get along better with them than I do.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haven't read this thread, but you remind me a lot of an EXI (I think she's EII) I know so I'd say either ESI or EII. Hard to tell.

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    I understand the theory, I'm not an expert though, I can learn alot from the people here who've been for longer here than me, or who studied Socionics for a long time.
    I take it quite seriously, as with everything I do in my life, but more than that I'm interested in debating, finding out about new things, other people's opinions etc.

You mean extroverted as in the common meaning, or Socionics?
    You certainly can learn a lot, but you may not really figure out your self-typing (or feel sure about it) for a long time. It took me bouncing around several types before I settled on my SEE typing, and even now, I sometimes wonder about other types (SLE most recently). This is from when I first knew about socionics in 2004 to present. I doubt it would take you THAT long, but for me (though I was very off and on with it), it was like creating a sculpture where I had to chip away at a lot of extraneous material to see a clear object, that object being myself in context of this theory. But I personally find it easier to apply socionics to other people than myself.

I mean extroverted in a psychology sense in that I derive energy from external stimuli such as socializing and otherwise interacting with my external environment and become lethargic from being alone and without anything to do for too long (several hours). I can be somewhat reserved, but would say I'm clearly extroverted when compared to a highly introverted person in that I am relatively outgoing and I'm comfortable with interacting with people I've only just met, have high energy and show more initiative in acting and interacting with my external environment compared to most people (but that could be Se, too).

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd View Post
    I mean extroverted in a psychology sense in that I derive energy from external stimuli such as socializing and otherwise interacting with my external environment and become lethargic from being alone and without anything to do for too long (several hours). I can be somewhat reserved, but would say I'm clearly extroverted when compared to a highly introverted person in that I am relatively outgoing and I'm comfortable with interacting with people I've only just met, have high energy and show more initiative in acting and interacting with my external environment compared to most people (but that could be Se, too).
    Thank you for sharing that.
    You certainly can learn a lot, but you may not really figure out your self-typing (or feel sure about it) for a long time. It took me bouncing around several types before I settled on my SEE typing, and even now, I sometimes wonder about other types (SLE most recently). This is from when I first knew about socionics in 2004 to present. I doubt it would take you THAT long, but for me (though I was very off and on with it), it was like creating a sculpture where I had to chip away at a lot of extraneous material to see a clear object, that object being myself in context of this theory. But I personally find it easier to apply socionics to other people than myself.
    I also have periods of time when I think I'm sure of my type, but then followed by periods of time when I reevaluate all the info on functions, Model A, etc and analyze the way I think again and again. At a moment I'm so positive of my conclusions, but after awhile uncertainty strikes and I think back and try to reassess everything. And then it repeats. It's funny.

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, this may be more a stereotype, but I think it's something about ESIs that sort of sets them apart from ILIs and other Gammas, but I notice ESIs have a high capacity for devotion. If there's a person or purpose they feel sworn to (due to duty or some other binding commitment, even if it's one they decided all on their own), they will hold fast to that with an iron will. ESIs can be extremely tenacious and have tunnel vision when it comes to that stuff. Often, in fiction, they'll be depicted as the anti-hero who is sworn to revenge (I'm thinking Kurapika in the anime Hunter x Hunter) or the hero/protector who is completely devoted to protecting the protectee (I'm thinking Saber in the Fate/Zero and Fate/Stay Night series). It rarely manifests like that irl, but it does say something about ESI stubbornness. All Gammas can be stubborn fucks, but ESIs have a certain flavor of stubbornness. I don't know if that hits home or not. I imagine some ESIs will tell me I'm just stereotyping, tho.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, this may be more a stereotype, but I think it's something about ESIs that sort of sets them apart from ILIs and other Gammas, but I notice ESIs have a high capacity for devotion. If there's a person or purpose they feel sworn to (due to duty or some other binding commitment, even if it's one they decided all on their own), they will hold fast to that with an iron will. ESIs can be extremely tenacious and have tunnel vision when it comes to that stuff. Often, in fiction, they'll be depicted as the anti-hero who is sworn to revenge (I'm thinking Kurapika in the anime Hunter x Hunter) or the hero/protector who is completely devoted to protecting the protectee (I'm thinking Saber in the Fate/Zero and Fate/Stay Night series). It rarely manifests like that irl, but it does say something about ESI stubbornness. All Gammas can be stubborn fucks, but ESIs have a certain flavor of stubbornness. I don't know if that hits home or not. I imagine some ESIs will tell me I'm just stereotyping, tho.
    I think I'm capable of that, but no idea if as much as how you describe ESI's. I'm stubborn as well, but alot of people are. I cannot compare myself with other Gammas in that area because I haven't met many Gammas, I have alot of Deltas and Alphas around me.
    I'm not very 'revengeful', I usually find smth more useful to do than that(if ocassion given, I probably would though lol).

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Umm... why was it painful?
    I was comfortable with my ILI selftype, until ESI came about lol. I've always overlooked ESI, but now I'm actually considering it, because so many people see Fi Ego. I's messy when people... mess with what you think you know or with what you think, but exchanges of ideas are many times constructive. I agree with you, people only see little parts of us, and can interpret us or our actions in different ways,but in the end only we know what we are.
    Probably means you'll be typed ILE before you know it.

But lots here link their identity with type, you prolly will eventually if you don't now.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Words View Post
    Probably means you'll be typed ILE before you know it.

But lots here link their identity with type, you prolly will eventually if you don't now.
    LOL, I'm weighting arguments-pros and cons for ILE, I can do that for the sake of thinking, but I don't think anyone's going to make me believe I'm something so far from what I actually am, there's an ILE guy on youtube who types people and I'm nothing like him, not to mention ILE functions configuration don't make any sense to me. I think Alpha quadra is the last I would consider for myself.
    Anyway, what do you mean by 'lots here link their identity with type'? The cognitive configuration does indeed say alot about how a person think or how might act and values preferences etc, but that's only a part of what helps us build our identity, it's not the identity itself.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

LOL, I'm weighting arguments-pros and cons for ILE, I can do that for the sake of thinking, but I don't think anyone's going to make me believe I'm something so far from what I actually am, there's an ILE guy on youtube who types people and I'm nothing like him, not to mention ILE functions configuration don't make any sense to me. I think Alpha quadra is the last I would consider for myself.
    Anyway, what do you mean by 'lots here link their identity with type'? The cognitive configuration does indeed say alot about how a person think or how might act and values preferences etc, but that's only a part of what helps us build our identity, it's not the identity itself.
    I mean discover thyself - personality theory - choose a type - that's me - description - forer effect - you're not that you've identified with I retype thee

Is what I mean

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Words View Post
    I mean discover thyself - personality theory - choose a type - that's me - description - forer effect - you're not that you've identified with I retype thee

Is what I mean
    I see.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILI works.

I noticed people rarely question typings for those who already positioned themselves clearly.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Velvet View Post

I noticed people rarely question typings for those who already positioned themselves clearly.
    So that's why you say ILI? lol

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So that's why you say ILI? lol
    There is no connection between your typing and the other phrase.
    You look intuitive in your video.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
    There is no connection between your typing and the other phrase.
    You look intuitive in your video.
    Oh, I see.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123