Hello, members of the16types' forum.
My name is Ian, but I will go by my forum username, Taldoria. I am a 20 year old male from California, US. I have always had a penchant for psychology and sociology; and, while I have taken two underclassmen college psychology courses, I was not satisfied due to the fact that neither course covered personality (barring disorders) or typology. As a result, I began to read Jungian psychology and MBTI. I have read portions of Jung's "Psychological Types" and various MBTI and Socionics articles. Recently, I have attempted to completely switch over from MBTI to Socionics as I see Socionics as a more thorough and meticulous system. Moreover, most MBTI tests have told me that I am an INTP, yet most Socionics tests have told me I am an INTp, so I really wish to clear up the confusion and completely understand the system so that I may understand myself and others.
Some miscellaneous information about myself:
- Playing guitar and listening to music to understand the harmonies, melodies, etc.; however, I am not much into analyzing the structure or studying music theory, at least not in my leisure time.
- Jazz fusion
- Progressive rock and metal
- Instrumental rock
- Experimental rock
- Modern, Romantic, and Classical music
- Reading philosophical and classic fiction texts--I'm actually formulating a system of curricula for myself right now while I'm not in school. Though, whether I'll follow it or not...
- What comes to my mind right now is Plato, Kant, Dostoevsky, Marx, Nietzsche, Conrad, Chekhov, and Camus
- Studying Socionics
- Academic interests:
- Philosophy, math, logic, literature/creative writing, and biology (specifically in regard to health)
- Pop culture interests:
- Basketball, American Football, and Baseball
- Meme culture, including all the ironic, and post-ironic stuff
Anyway, I'm glad to be on this forum after lurking for some time.