Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    Lately, I'm more into a goth look. Black hair, darker lipsticks, darker clothing, staying out of the sun.

http://nugoth.com
    Those looks are so foreboding and dark. It seems self-defense. My cousins daughter was goth in high school (really like this, not sure why they call this "nu" - looks same-old to me). Her medium to light hair died black was stark. She now has a natural haircolor, feminine make-up, and lots of floral tattoos and its a good look for her. She now looks like she wants to draw good things to her, not dark things.

Pentagrams I find foreboding, too. I would avoid.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's what I like about the look (the intense contrast between black and pale skin). I don't see why looking a certain way is about drawing good or bad things to you.
    Well, its my honest response. I know two people here where I live who are Wiccan and we don't have that particular thing in common so that never comes up (nor do my beliefs and practices as a Christian). But once they came here before an event they were on their way to, and for the occasion they were dressed like -- witches, maybe? I don't know because I did not look at it because my response was so foreboding to me, in a similar way as these pictures. I decided to ignore the elephant in the room and look at their faces and see them instead of what they were wearing. The fact that they were doing the make-up in heavy black made it harder, but I did my best! Which I think works for me in such cases. I want to look at the real person and that is not what they are wearing etc. Once when one of these friends was here she wore her Pentagon ring for the first time, and I got that feeling again real strong.

I happen to be thinking about that sort of thing in other contexts today when I came upon your post here. Mainly, I was thinking as I have thought before how I do not like the Enneagram shape, and I feel like that makes me not want to learn about Enneagram. I have no doubt that Enneagram has truth and pattern to it, and I am interested in that sort of thing, have studied personality theory from all kinds of formats. Enneagram is the only one that gives me the off-put feeling.

[That the Enneagram has evident truth and pattern to it does not make it a vehicle to truth. It could be a vehicle to lies. Because that is how the evil spirits work. They tell the truth, but use it to cover the big lie hidden withing, that infects the whole thing. The bigger the lie the more its hid, I think. So when i keep getting that feeling about Enneagram, I think, maybe I should listen to that inner voice. I don't know all of what is wrong with it (and I don't need to know) but I do know the explanation of the downward paths of the types does not sit right with me. I think there is something to that.]

I feel like the bad feeling is not something I should just ignore. I am reminded of the most powerful healing I ever had from Jesus. It was right before I met my husband, right before, and I think an aspect of the timing is that God knew i needed to be "clean" from the things from the past that still oppressed me so I could see clearly what He had for me. In that one afternoon of the healing, Our Lord completely cleared for me things that were issues that plagued me all my life - all of them, wiped clean. God made my heart whole. I retained all the lessons learned from those difficulties but not any of the bad feelings of having experienced them. When I got home people noticed the pronounced difference and also even strangers reacted to me differently.

In preparation for that healing, among other things, there was a long list of things to renounce from my life as a "spiritual housecleaning" - meaning, remove them from my house, things that anything to do with the devil. Because we "fight not against flesh and blood but powers and principalities". In other words, our real battles are spiritual ones. Good and bad spirits battling for souls. And these evil spirits that prowl through the world seeking the ruin of souls have jurisdiction over certain things, and you invite the evil spirits in your life when you have things around that they claim jurisdiction over. It is like an invitation in their eyes, even though you did not actually invite them. That is a spiritual reality.

So I believe this because all of the powerfully and effectively spiritual people I know believe it. Images have meaning. I looked at this list and was un-surprised by most but really surprised by some. A peace sign? An owl design? A frog design? The reasons given were quite brief! Not much to satisfy my "need to know". The owl - okay, yes, I know it figures prominently in satanic rituals. I did a detailed (realistic) drawing of an snowy owl in flight once that is one of my better drawings and I was not getting rid of that. Nor did I feel called to, because I took it to mean symbols. Like we can't get away from on children's clothes these days. Like we are inundated with, everywhere (along with so many of the other symbols on that list) in these dark times. Peace sign - it was explained it is a broken cross, upside down. My first thought was that anyone can make this stuff up, but I realized my first reaction to the symbol many years ago. I also did not like it, but it was "cool" and it meant peace so I accepted it. And, the simple description - yes, it was that. Maybe things were exactly what they looked like.

Some people are drawn to this stuff becaseu they are drawn to the dark side of life. There is nothing good in that for anyone. Seek good and you will get good. Seek bad...

I do not know who originated the list but I could see online that others also thought the things on this list were claimed by dark spiritual powers, and I decided to avoid them all and make sure my house was cleansed of them all. What would it hurt me if I went to the trouble to avoid the things on this list and in the end it turned out to not matter if I had or had not? No loss. But it would hurt me if I did not avoid them and they really did invite evil spirits near me to make trouble. So what did I have to lose? It sure felt right when I decided to go ahead and follow the instructions. And the healing that followed was life-changing. Like being born anew.

Among those symbols was the pentagram, and, yup, it still looks foreboding to me.

So that's the honest truth there about foreboding. The Nu-Goth look looks spiritually foreboding to me. What is the good fruit of the goth movement? I don't see it it. Yes, real good people can be involved in it and only God can judge the heart so I don't judge people. Not my jurisdiction. But I want good and right and true things in my life, and I don't get that feeling from that.

Well, someone will read this and probably be offended but we are all entitled to our own opinions and I am telling mine.

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always hated the snide look and comments from conservative Christians whenever I would wear a pentagram necklace or dark lipstick. Those are the kind of Christians which turn people off from the faith, imo (did Jesus not teach people to be accepting of everyone?). I'm a Christian and I like these things. You cannot judge a book by its cover.
    Well they are wrong to do that. They are assuming a lot and that is never right. Its an error of human nature to be proud of self and think you are doing better than others. Unfortunately when you become a Christian you don't all of the sudden get a new and improved human nature and now start doing all things right. If pride and superiority is an issue for someone it doesn't just go away when they become Christian without a little effort on their part. God will help if they ask. None of us can/should judge others - first because we are told not to, but anyway we all have quite a lifetime of work on our own shortcomings.

I shared with you why I have a reaction to those things, and I am sincere. But I would never give you or anyone a snide look on it. Yes, you should hate the snide look - God hates it, too! Proverbs 6:16-19 begins: "These six things doth the Lord hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him: A proud look...."

I am glad you are a Christian. I would not ever say that my Christian experience should match someone else's. With the Goth and the symbols, I feel like God pointed that specific thing out to me. I know He had His reasons for that for me. We all need so much work; and even if it is an actual issue He may decide this is not a key one for you. That is between you and Him.

But now what is put on you is the difficult task to not to judge the judgers. God is not done with them yet. Look at them benignly with the knowing confidence that God loves you just as you are today - just like He loves them just as they are today. He will help them with their pride and superiority issue when its the right time. And with the help of God's grace you can forgive them for doing that thing He also hates.

Dark lipstick like black fingernails looks dreadful on me (and a lot of people) but some can carry it off. Its not my favorite look. I do like a dramatic look, though, on those it suits. But I don't judge people for different tastes, nor do I judge people with bad aesthetic taste. Aesthetic taste is just a thing people have in some degree or another and it sure is not a virtue or anything. And its fun to experiment with looks.

I have a friend who has suffered satanic abuse in her past. Its pretty severe and I don't even like to think about it, and I don't, but I know it's real, and most of us have no idea (thank God). Things like people wearing Pentagrams and Italian Horns have really set her off in the past. I have seen her set off. I don't know anything about the horns - I thought they meant good fortune or something - but I believe this friend; her trauma is real. And these two symbols have really triggered trauma, and made her truly afraid - more than afraid. So not having anything to do with things that trigger people who have been through this abuse is a good thing, IMO. And according to my friend, people who have been through the kind of abuse she has are all around us. I do not want to risk being a catalyst to anyone's pain. I am not holding you responsible for this because for all I know it sounds like nothing to you. But because I know my friend and I believe her experience, I am responsible for the choices I make. (Not a hard choice though; these symbols turn me off anyway).

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice cuts and colors

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    ESI 7 9 4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ummm. Maybe this isn't inspirational. But I'd totally wear it, it is up my personal style alley. A lot of my clothes end up being given to me. Lately I've been exploring my own fashion style.

d41acec18e5bac4366ab1f2171191243.jpg

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by troubadour View Post
    When knitters go wrong....

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by troubadour View Post
    OMG it's perfect

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Fake fur loop scarf in black Matches almost everything, super soft, super warm, cheap to get, and you look like you're royal.

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    ESI 7 9 4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She's cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute T_T Foxes

TIM
    ESI 7 9 4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually tempted to try out Gothic Lolita. I mean I've seen it on people before but...

Inspired by:

Danganronpa-Trigger-Happy-Havoc-Celestia-Ludenberg.jpg

zhiwdsqqb4nr3gjjxuglc7po7qodzsgf_hq.jpg

7d80fffa0dfb415ccb0ea8ad0804aac7.jpg

That and inspiration from real people who manage to pull it off well.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to use a lot of wear inspiration but that has changed recently, so in its stead but also in memory of it:

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

a lot of people tell me how plain I look, and they are right. I don't really have a style... probably because fashion is inherently uncomfortable. Tim Gunn accurately said most people fail at fashion because they would rather be comfortable than fashionable, and often there's a sacrifice. I remember buying these pair of sharp looking shoes but they made my feet hurt so bad lol. And it doesn't help they don't design nice looking clothes for us fat girls. =( Like all the xxxl men's shirts are fucking purple and ugly as sin. It's like they want bullies to call you barney the dinosaur while throwing lemonade on top of your head.

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I neeeeeeeed these!

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I like everything that creates the illusion of me being a serious business person. I reject colorful things and impractical "girly" stuff.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast