Thread: Duality like Twin Flame relationship?

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Duality like Twin Flame relationship?

I have come across the concept of Twin Flames and was reminded of Duality descriptions.

"Throughout the universal experience, and as the third dimensional world of form unfolded the Twin Flame became separated into the current system of duality consciousness and became two distinct forms, one carrying the masculine or yang attributes of the Creator, and the other carrying the feminine or yin aspect of the creator. Both aspects are the exact equal and opposite frequency intonation. On an energetic level they are opposites yet they are complimentary in nature and their essence and substance is part of the same unified whole that is the One/God/Source." [x]

Have you experienced a duality relationship that resembled the Twin Flame dynamic?

What do you think of the idea that Duality relations are Twin Flame relations, in general?

P.S: In that vain, wouldn't Soulmates be part of the same quadra, or Soul Group?

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I met my "twin" years ago on a starseeds forum lol and it was like nothing I have experienced before or since. It was by far the hardest relationship I ever had, in terms of understanding each other. We spent 6 years going back and forth, even while in relationships with others. It finally ended by mutual agreement but we still care about each other. From a distance...He is married now. It was like no matter what I said or did he took issue with it and wanted to correct my perception and in turn I wanted to correct his. I don't think it is anything like duality is supposed to be. More like conflictor.I don't think he is LSE though. Could have been. He has Delta values. hahah I have heard this from others who met their "twin" as well. It is like you can't stay away from each other (supernatural obsession level) but you end up going through a string of fortunate, misfortunate events until you learned all you can from each. Then you part ways and find someone you can actually be happy with.

As far as "soulmates", mine are scattered throughout the quadras. Same for those in "soul family". I am relating to this within the guidelines of those spiritual concepts and it is not something I dwell on or even really think about any more. The socionics intertype relations are based more on psychological compatibility than the spiritual concepts imo.

If you read some of the twin flame forums you will see that many describe their twins as the anti-dual and they still find it hard to separate themselves from each other.

This reminds me of something posted in the other thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Dionysius View Post
    Oh shit I'm fucked. Aushra told me, but I didn't listen! "Be careful, study Socionics, otherwise you'll marry your conflictor!"

"Marry your dual and be happy. Marry your conflictor, and be a philosopher."

He was working on a doctorate in physics and I was a lowly person with computer tech certification, that he needed to help and show me the errors of my ways. I felt like he never wanted me to be as intelligent as he was. It was a big point of contention.

Well this stirred up some memories.
    Last edited by Aylen; 02-20-2015 at 04:58 PM.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Sorry to be a nagging queer, but male/female being complementary isn't a completely universal concept. Some people find that same spark with two men or two female.

Like I don't seriously feel like 'I'm the girl' in the relationship except maybe in a joking way. We're clearly both men. In spirit and in body and in heart. And we don't repel each other the way two straight men would, or a straight man/gay man would. Because we're both gay.

But to answer your question, I have found that in some men. It's so exciting and thrilling. And sexual and hot.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

^ Twin Flames or Souls can be the same gender. People have just romanticized the concept to death. I had hours of sessions with a channel on this stuff during the time I went through it. I think I will do a blog,.. if I haven't already (here) and post some of the transcripts (which are available online but I don't want to post links.) The whole concept is really about spiritual growth and unity, not sex and romance.

Your "twin" would be your opposite in just about everything, including beliefs, feelings, thinking, sometimes looks and style. It is not someone you just stumble upon every day. They will show up when you are both ready and they often live far away from you geographically and supposedly that is by design. The ideal is that you learn acceptance of each other despite all the obstacles and take what you learn back out into the world and use it. Most people I know who were into this did not end up with their twin because the energy was too intense to sustain.

Edit: In the communities that play up the romantic idea of twin souls I found a lot of heartbroken people who didn't understand where it went wrong. That's because they assumed it had to be some great romance and not the opportunity to find missing parts of yourself reflected in the other. There is no greater learning experience than the one I had with my "twin".

Edit2: Those in the twin flame communities who ended up pining for the person, because it ended badly, probably hadn't met their twin. A twin relationship almost always has closure because the idea is that you wouldn't have been put into a situation to meet them unless you were ready for it.

I actually had a website that revolved around our experience (about 5 years of it) that we both contributed to (even though I did all the work) but I took it down when it was over. It didn't seem fair to new relationships that we would have, after the fact, because it was intense stuff. Sometimes I think I should have left it up for others going through it. :/
    Last edited by Aylen; 02-22-2015 at 02:33 PM.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I think the idea of duality is quite rooted in the symbols and ideas like ouroboros, yin yang, celtic gordian knot, etc.

Twin flame is similar, I think this psychological phenomona is a part of a real cognitive desire for completeness of information.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I think I'm your soul mate no I've never come to that description and yes it sounds like duality
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

And then you have different life experiences, preferences, interests, whathaveyou, and the magic of duality goes down the drain. It is seriously overrated.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

Quote Originally Posted by mu4 View Post
    I think the idea of duality is quite rooted in the symbols and ideas like ouroboros, yin yang, celtic gordian knot, etc.

Twin flame is similar, I think this psychological phenomona is a part of a real cognitive desire for completeness of information.
    jung wrote the psyche is always striving for wholeness

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like that you brought this up, @SisOfNight, in a forum that is pretty jaded about duality.

I have experienced something like this, it was before I really knew much about socionics or duality, and it didn't end at all like @Aylen says, it ended in complete lack of closure and angst for both parties.

I don't want to fit others' experiences into my own frame of reference, but it seems to me that online interactions and knowing before hand what you're getting into with a group of people who are all into finding a twin flame or whatever.. would affect the spontaneity and genuine-ness of the whole experience, but maybe I'm wrong. Anyway, I don't think I'll ever re-experience it if that person is not physically in front of me. Maybe that's bc my *true* dual is SLE-Se, and the physicality of them cannot be replaced.

The experience I was talking about happened when I was very much an IEI-Ni, and by that I mean pretty undeveloped in using my other functions effectively, although I could gush Ni through every pore. The other person was very much SLE-Se, undeveloped in all their other functions, too. So you have Se in overdrive, a function that so thoroughly knows its environment that nothing is new or unexpected, and the speed with which it consumes everything is immense, unstoppable. Very unstable. And you have Ni in overdrive, which so thoroughly knows the inner state of everything, past present and future, that nothing seems worth it, the outcome of everything is predicted beforehand, and this internal thought process is also unstoppable, unstable. It was like both of us could go through the rotation of the whole world and everything that happens in it through only our first function, and it was pretty thorough but it was off-balance, leading us to nowhere. Together, we completed each other's first function, but that actually sped it up even more - it became a *whole* body traveling at such high speed that it actually became stable and balanced. We both experienced this balance for a short time. But the problem was that the Se and the Ni need to be totally locked into each other, if we tried to be normal and do normal couple things or try and be a little less intense, then we again were off balance and going nowhere at high speed. And we would get mad that the other's presence threw us off so badly, like when we broke it off and tried to be friends, but that doesn't allow the complete fusion of Se and Ni that was required. It had to be all or nothing, but for that short period we were so close that it couldn't be nothing, even though partial interaction threw our main functions even more off balance than they already were, and the other ones were never very developed anyway.

I'm not sure I explained this properly but I've thought about it quite deeply. Anyway it ended badly, so

TIM
    SEE sx sp (8)46
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I pretty much think if it were real, duality would be the only instance in which it would actually materialize. I'm not too sure how much the two theories match up though.

same soul group = same ennea tritype and stacking and same socionics type and subtype

soulmate = same ennea tritype and stacking and same quadra

twin flame = opposite triad ennea tritype and stacking and dual socionics type and subtype

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    And then you have different life experiences, preferences, interests, whathaveyou, and the magic of duality goes down the drain. It is seriously overrated.
    Overrated by who, why does it matter if some other people overrate if it you see clearly what it is and what it is not.

Basically, the idea is that duality is just one factor of many factors affecting relationships, of which you listed some yourself; it is not sufficient on its own for a good relationship, also depending on what we define as a good relationship, and overall it doesn't follow from anything in the theory that there should be any magic in duality that overwrites the sum of the effects of those trivial common sense factors outside Socionics. Nowhere is it stated that all your duals will be good for you. Actually, it's explicitly stated in the Socionics theory itself that not all of them will be good.

Also even if staying just with the information processing aspects, Socionics Model A as depicted is too narrow to explain everything there, there are some principles about processing of information elements as defined in Socionics that are missing from Model A itself. I could go into this much more but uh, I'm not gonna bother you with Ti overload as my conflictor hahahah. (I recall you self-type IEE?)

Quote Originally Posted by maithili View Post
    I like that you brought this up, @SisOfNight, in a forum that is pretty jaded about duality.

I have experienced something like this, it was before I really knew much about socionics or duality, and it didn't end at all like @Aylen says, it ended in complete lack of closure and angst for both parties.

I don't want to fit others' experiences into my own frame of reference, but it seems to me that online interactions and knowing before hand what you're getting into with a group of people who are all into finding a twin flame or whatever.. would affect the spontaneity and genuine-ness of the whole experience, but maybe I'm wrong. Anyway, I don't think I'll ever re-experience it if that person is not physically in front of me. Maybe that's bc my *true* dual is SLE-Se, and the physicality of them cannot be replaced.
    Yeah in these complex human matters I don't think you should have any expectations based on any kind of theory, at all. Really it's as simple as theory not matching reality 100%. Thus then you'd get an unnecessary layer on top of reality as perceived by default that's definitely going to affect things for the worse.

Quote Originally Posted by McBain View Post
    Duality has to do with ease of communication and compensation for weaknesses. Twin flames from what little I understand of it is a mystical connection that two people share where both twins essentially complete one another i.e. feel each other's emotions, share a sense that the relationship is destined to happen, have a psychical connection/experience with one another and so on. One aspect of twin flame I've read about that seems to be quite common is the runner/chaser dichotomy. It illustrates the negative side of the mirroring aspect of the relationship. After the powerful connection that occurs between the two partners -- the heavenly bliss period -- the unconscious and repressed pains and fears of each twin come to the fore and separate the two. The runner unconsciously rationalizes this welling up of fear as something to run from and retreats back into their safety zones away from their beloved attempting to suppress the connection. The chaser recognizes the connection for what it is but distorts it through a lens of their own neuroses and attempts to chase after the runner in an attempt to fill the void. This chasing causes more running and running causes more chasing. A vicious cycle. Only through mutual resolution of each other's own fears and pains can the twins be together or the process will just perpetuate itself. Duality doesn't really cover any of this nor is the connection on par with the roller coaster that is twin flame.
    Interesting, can it ever be that the runner recognizes the connection for what it is while the chaser does not?

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McBain View Post
    Like consciously? Probably not if we're going by strict classifications. It also depends how people who follow this New Age concept define "recognizing the connection" because of what little I've read one can say that the chaser is really also a runner because they are "running" from their own issues by chasing. I don't think that the "chaser" label can be applied to the runner because it is all running and escaping the connection in some form or fashion. One just happens to want the connection, the other, on the surface, doesn't -- hence the distinction. The runner apparently does recognize the connection in the sense of being a twin flame but is unable to see it consciously because of their unconscious defense mechanisms and ego. However, these roles can also switch too: runner can become chaser, chaser a runner.

Edit: Actually never mind the runner can also be termed a chaser because they are chasing after some illusory ideal that they think their twin flame doesn't fit into. Whereas the chaser is chasing after an illusory ideal that they think the runner DOES fit into. They're both blinded by their idealism but the connection is in fact there.
    Yes I meant consciously, assuming that's what you meant about the chaser too.

How does it work about the connection being real but the ideals being illusory? Real in what sense?

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

uh, i always thought that these two concepts were related (with some SX-instinct aspects and e4, etc ... ? thrown in to spice things up)
    Last edited by lynn; 01-26-2019 at 01:11 AM.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lim View Post
    i only found out later that duality isn't always like that all. i assumed it is. lol.
    What is it like if it is not like Twin Flame stuff, IYE?
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SisOfNight View Post
    What is it like if it is not like Twin Flame stuff, IYE?
    just not resembling the psychological process of the twin flame descriptions. interactions with duals are usually complementary, but still can be "empty".