Thread: SX/SO vs SO/SX

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default SX/SO vs SO/SX

I couldn't find a thread on this anywhere else, so I'd like to start one.

What are the differences between the two? How are they alike vs not alike? For an example, if two people were at a party and they had same exact type in all other manners, what would be each one's ideal fun situation (for ethical intuitive types about sixteen years old, just to be more particular. )?

My impression right now is this is all about preference... So, would the SX/SO one like having a goofy dance party or playing a physically engaging circle game with a couple other closer friends in the upstairs bedroom while focusing on their interactions with the most intriguing-to-them-out-of-all-the-other-people-in-the-room person in particular? Whereas, meanwhile, the SO/SX would rather be in the dining room full of people who are all part of their local Soccer club and every once in a while interact with one person in particular, while more actively enjoying all that community energy?

Or is that related to Fe vs Fi? Because I'm very much more like the first example (which I'm assuming right now makes me SX/SO, or possibly ExI), but only sort of to the second one (I know other people who are like the second one and they're like that for a reason, so I'm assuming they're probably SO/SX, or possibly xEI). (although I really like theories and daydreaming, so probably IEI/EII > SEI/ESI anyway. But I still think SEI/ESI could be possible.)

I'd really appreciate an answer to the example, or at least some sort of explanation. Thanks!
    Last edited by Limitless; 02-17-2015 at 10:08 PM.

TIM
    Ni-IEI 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sx/so can be ethereal, but in general their emotionality is more serious and controlled than so/sx, who more or less disperse energy relatively easily. but I don't know about "having a goofy dance party" or whatever... they like to remain engaged, but aren't really that silly. an example of a behavior that makes me think sx/so for myself is how, at these artist co-opts I always used to go to, I would basically move from one or two individuals to another at specific intervals, occasionally playing the drums or drinking or whatever—the experience was always singular; an so/sx person would more easily drift between (group) interactions, and never fully invest themselves in one experience.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    IEI-Fe 4-5/6-9 so/sx
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm also interested in this. especially how does sx/so express itself compared to so/sx. either i do not know any sx/so person in real life (which seems unlikely) or i don't know how to identify their specific vibes (which is odd, since the descriptions make it sound like it's really in your face and surface). so/sx is often pretty obvious with its soft bubbly quality. but sx/so? the people i suspect that they could be sx/so (after overthinking their stacking) seem not that different from so/sx, except more self-contained and less nice, a bit narcisstic too, but nothing too obvious ... is that it? shouldn't there not be more specific vibes .. especially considering syn/contra-flow differences

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm almost definitely Sx/So and basically use groups as a way of scouting out individuals to connect with, as that's my ultimate goal: private connections. I think an So/Sx might instead connect with a group of people generally, with no intention of getting one of its members on their own (at the risk of sounding predatory, lol).
    6w5 {4w3} 8w9 (Sx/So)
    Probable xII-Ne; possible IxI-Ni
    DCNH Harmonizing

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

So now that he's gone (or at least that's what he wrote me in a PM), I can say that there are chances that Limitless was actually sx/so. I kinda bet his bolded-all-over rant about feeling depressed with a face-full grin was just a game to hunt on people on here. He was kinda too radiant in many of his pics. Not aggressive, but there was smth. in-your-face about him.
    Last edited by Amber; 04-27-2015 at 02:02 AM.

TIM
    IDK
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Amber View Post
    So now that he's gone (or at least that's what he wrote me in a PM), I can say that there are chances that Limitless was actually sx/so. I kinda bet his bolded-all-over rant about feeling depressed with a face-full grin was just a game to hunt on people on here. He was kinda too radiant in many of his pics. Not aggressive, but there was smth. in-your-face about him.
    why couldn't you say it while he was "here"?
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I didn't know him that well ... Already typed him Sp last.

Plus he's 16 or so ... he could have misinterpreted my typing and think he has sexual charisma. Ya, ppl said he VId exactly like Yesenin (who was actually so/sx). Mby he has other preferences in life tho.
    Last edited by Amber; 04-27-2015 at 11:49 AM.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

yeah, so kiddo was just hiding in the lilac bushes and peeping on here, so now he can let his ego inflate a bit.

TIM
    IEE 3w4
    Mentioned
    592 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Bumpity bump for this one. When I type instincts I watch out how the SP-last navigates the group, do they have one particular person or activity they watch out for?

SO/SX is far more impartial and switches between all sorts of groups/activities rapidly. SX/SO is biased as hell and can exclusively stick to somebody/something for a long time or even go alone when there's nobody they can communicate with intensely. SO/SX has no filter, SX/SO weeds out a lot of people/stuff.

Also, in terms of what they are interested in: SO/SX is contemporary culture incarnate. An IEE SO/SX friend of mine can tell you every detail about what is going on worldwide, every plot of every popular tv show and movie ever, and recites every upcoming event in his social circle. Vice versa, SX/SO will be well-versed counterculture. For instance, I'm entirely consumed by the world of drag queens and KPop - niche phenomena from continents far away from mine, I'm so bitter - while my peers don't give a damn. Also, the fabulous Andy Biersack as of recently, who is completely unknown at my university, but I am obsessed and keep up anyway. I hang out on 16types instead of facebook like everyone else I know. And they're like, ESI who?

And that's exactly how SX works. it chooses one's obsession, and then the respective social circle. SO chooses the circle at hand, and then gets into the layer of finding points of intensity.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Bumpity bump for this one. When I type instincts I watch out how the SP-last navigates the group, do they have one particular person or activity they watch out for?

SO/SX is far more impartial and switches between all sorts of groups/activities rapidly. SX/SO is biased as hell and can exclusively stick to somebody/something for a long time or even go alone when there's nobody they can communicate with intensely. SO/SX has no filter, SX/SO weeds out a lot of people/stuff.

Also, in terms of what they are interested in: SO/SX is contemporary culture incarnate. An IEE SO/SX friend of mine can tell you every detail about what is going on worldwide, every plot of every popular tv show and movie ever, and recites every upcoming event in his social circle. Vice versa, SX/SO will be well-versed counterculture. For instance, I'm entirely consumed by the world of drag queens and KPop - niche phenomena from continents far away from mine, I'm so bitter - while my peers don't give a damn. Also, the fabulous Andy Biersack as of recently, who is completely unknown at my university, but I am obsessed and keep up anyway. I hang out on 16types instead of facebook like everyone else I know. And they're like, ESI who?

And that's exactly how SX works. it chooses one's obsession, and then the respective social circle. SO chooses the circle at hand, and then gets into the layer of finding points of intensity.
    This is exactly how I, as an sx/so, operate. I choose the topic I'm interested in, and then join the group which is involved with that topic.

This is how I am with my social circles, and is how I am with my work.

I had 14 jobs before starting a company, and in each case, I was first interested in some topic and then found a company that was involved with that topic. I liked books, so I got a job in a library. I liked machines (they are so productive!), so I got a job in a machine shop, and then another job building machines. I was interested in management, so I got a job as a manager. I am interested in physics, and I got a job in a cyclotron. I like traveling, so I got a job with a company which sent me to other countries. Etc., etc. The beauty of this approach is that the company will pay you to learn the job, instead of you paying for an education and then hoping you find a job in that field, and further hoping that you will like that job.

Now, I have a lot of interests, so what I do is I find a company with a need in the area that I'm interested in, and then supply what they want. For money. What I do now is not work, it is playing and getting money.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 03-24-2017 at 05:48 PM.

TIM
    IEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tend to find it helpful to look at instinctual subtype from a perspective of "what are they anxious about, what need do they keep seeking"? Here's my understanding:

So/Sx cares more about being a part of something big. Throw your hands up in the air with everyone. Join with everyone. Energize. Togetherness. So-dominance puts attraction-obsessed Sx to work in seeking out people and things to feel together with. Syn-flow; Sx secondary lines up very well with the social desire to feel connected. There's not much holding the dominant instinct back.

Sx/So is contra-flow, it stands further back and there's a push-pull between the first and second instinct. It's more exhibitionistic. Let me throw something out at you so you can engage. Hey, you, in the crowd. Look into my eyes. Look into each others' eyes. Defy the distance, move closer. Watch what happens. Break down the walls. The So awareness is in service of finding where the hot spots are, what the ties are that you can rip apart and reform.
    Phobic So/Sp 6w7 3w2 9w1
    Bit of a comic books nerd, bit of a fashion nerd, a lot of a generalized nerd