User Tag List

Thread: New to socionics and this site - wow!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default New to socionics and this site - wow!

Hi, everyone.

Just looking at a few threads, I can tell I'm going to learn a lot here. Can't wait.

I've come because I'm currently taking a course in conflict and negotiation and that has led me to study personality types. I've dabbled a bit in the Enneagram, and in general I find myself confused OFTEN by the inability to decide upon dominant types, etc. So, any help in this regard would be great.

More about me...

I live in the UK, am from western Canada, lived in Saudi Arabia and Qatar - am a teacher, am also a published songwriter and have pursued my music career avidly until the downloading era sucked whatever money was in music out to dry. I am a creative person. I've got an interest in business management, have produced festivals and events and generally think my next career path is going to be psychologist or psychotherapist (as they call it here in the UK). I have been to over 24 countries, love Asia, have escaped a war in Lebanon (2006), just missed the Asian tsunami (2004), live in an artsy, hippy, cafe-laden, BBC employee haven (these types congregate in my neighbourhood) in Manchester, UK. I'm easily stressed, constantly overwork and can't figure out if I'm truly an extrovert or an introvert, because as much as I love people, I'm quiet in groups - socially - and I rejuvenate best at home, alone, though after awhile I need to be around a good friend. I don't need crowds, just a few good friends. I'm prone to being a pessimist and moody/down, but I am tenacious and strive to push through the barriers of my own anxieties, fear, life, etc., and generally get what I want in life. When I don't, it really throws me. I've worked with the Qatari royal family, and enjoy wealth...been there, done that...gutted when I lost a lot of money on the markets in 2008, so you could call me a risk taker. What else? Finally, I am passionate about coffee. So much so, I produced a coffee festival in 2013 - the largest one in the north of the UK, and one of only a few in the world.

I need some help with figuring out what personality type I am, as I have to use/know this for a course case study I'm doing. I think I'm an ENTP, but not sure. I could be an INTP, as I really relish lots of time at home alone, as much as I enjoy being around people. As an English teacher, I constantly feel burned out, so that makes me crave alone time like mad. Thanks, all!

Looking forward to virtually 'meeting' you.

LL.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome!
    Your post is so TMI that I would doubt about your introversion.

TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

hello

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Hi, your life sounds amazing I very much doubt your introversion also. ILI (INTp) is unlikely by what you've described. You can submit this questionnaire for further investigation into your type: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...do=form&fid=10. Or even better, if not feeling shy, record a short video of yourself

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JFDI View Post
    Hi, everyone.

Just looking at a few threads, I can tell I'm going to learn a lot here. Can't wait.

I've come because I'm currently taking a course in conflict and negotiation and that has led me to study personality types. I've dabbled a bit in the Enneagram, and in general I find myself confused OFTEN by the inability to decide upon dominant types, etc. So, any help in this regard would be great.

More about me...

I live in the UK, am from western Canada, lived in Saudi Arabia and Qatar - am a teacher, am also a published songwriter and have pursued my music career avidly until the downloading era sucked whatever money was in music out to dry. I am a creative person. I've got an interest in business management, have produced festivals and events and generally think my next career path is going to be psychologist or psychotherapist (as they call it here in the UK). I have been to over 24 countries, love Asia, have escaped a war in Lebanon (2006), just missed the Asian tsunami (2004), live in an artsy, hippy, cafe-laden, BBC employee haven (these types congregate in my neighbourhood) in Manchester, UK. I'm easily stressed, constantly overwork and can't figure out if I'm truly an extrovert or an introvert, because as much as I love people, I'm quiet in groups - socially - and I rejuvenate best at home, alone, though after awhile I need to be around a good friend. I don't need crowds, just a few good friends. I'm prone to being a pessimist and moody/down, but I am tenacious and strive to push through the barriers of my own anxieties, fear, life, etc., and generally get what I want in life. When I don't, it really throws me. I've worked with the Qatari royal family, and enjoy wealth...been there, done that...gutted when I lost a lot of money on the markets in 2008, so you could call me a risk taker. What else? Finally, I am passionate about coffee. So much so, I produced a coffee festival in 2013 - the largest one in the north of the UK, and one of only a few in the world.

I need some help with figuring out what personality type I am, as I have to use/know this for a course case study I'm doing. I think I'm an ENTP, but not sure. I could be an INTP, as I really relish lots of time at home alone, as much as I enjoy being around people. As an English teacher, I constantly feel burned out, so that makes me crave alone time like mad. Thanks, all!

Looking forward to virtually 'meeting' you.

LL.
    idk about sociotypes, but your instinct stacking kind of sound sx/so to me.

Also I think it can be challenging to pick out your dominant IE, just because that's what you live and breathe, that's your normal and its so normal to you that you may think it's everyone's normal.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello and welcome, @JFDI!

Cool story, sounds like you've had some amazing adventures! Hopefully you've journaled some of it for yourself in the years to come

You've had quite a few careers. I'd recommend exploring multiple socioctypes with an open mind and start narrowing in. It might take time, but enjoy the journey. Also, don't overlook IEE. I can relate to much of what you've described between teaching, writing music, having a business background, your travels & adventures, feeling unsure of I vs E at times, and pursuing different careers, especially counseling and planning events. My life has been identical in these areas.

What is it about teaching you enjoy? Why are you looking to change to psychology? What's missing from teaching that isn't fully satisfying? I ask these questions because I used to work for NATO and am now a music teacher, but I'm always dreaming of the next big thing in terms of careers and projects. Maybe you share that in common, maybe not.

Make sure to fill out a survey. There are quite a few people here that are willing and eager to help you find your typing. Good luck and enjoy
    Last edited by applejacks; 02-16-2015 at 03:06 PM.
    And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and gone tomorrow, won't he more surely care for you?- Matthew 6:30

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Hello you worldly new person!

The whole time I was reading this @Kim kept popping into my head. She is IEE E7 sx/so if I remember correctly. I can't explain it but IEE or EIE (second guessing myself) are the first two impressions I had. IEE being first.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW